Basic Mission 6

Bad threads go here

Re: Basic Mission 6

Post by aNewHobby4me on Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:46 pm
([msg=18885]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

reaper162005 wrote:This might sound strange, but, I could not understand the Ascii...therefore I didn't used it! Your method is trial and error. I didn't find this mission so easy...I'm still trying tu understand the ASCIIcode, so if someone out there whould explain please PM me, thank you!


http://www.asciitable.com/

A picture is worth a thousand words...so this chart is probably--er, 500 or so? Gives four different ways of representing the letter 'A', for example. Decimal, hex, octal, and HTML.
"To understand recursion you must first understand recursion."
aNewHobby4me
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Basic Mission 6

Post by reaper162005 on Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:49 pm
([msg=18886]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

aNewHobby4me wrote:
reaper162005 wrote:This might sound strange, but, I could not understand the Ascii...therefore I didn't used it! Your method is trial and error. I didn't find this mission so easy...I'm still trying tu understand the ASCIIcode, so if someone out there whould explain please PM me, thank you!


http://www.asciitable.com/

A picture is worth a thousand words...so this chart is probably--er, 500 or so? Gives four different ways of representing the letter 'A', for example. Decimal, hex, octal, and HTML.



Though, if you type in each of the four ways of representing the letter A and pressing encrypt none equals a, get my drift?
User avatar
reaper162005
New User
New User
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:28 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Basic Mission 6

Post by TheMindRapist on Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:40 pm
([msg=18889]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

Because those are just different ways of representing a letter, not an actual encryption.
Think about how what you input changes.
Image
User avatar
TheMindRapist
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Basic Mission 6

Post by reaper162005 on Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:44 pm
([msg=18905]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

If it's not a encryption what's that got to do with the missions given chars?
User avatar
reaper162005
New User
New User
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:28 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Basic Mission 6

Post by TheMindRapist on Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:57 pm
([msg=18907]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

Because that is how letters are represented in the encryption algorithm.
^ That should be more than enough to solve the mission easily.
Image
User avatar
TheMindRapist
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Basic Mission 6

Post by reaper162005 on Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:18 pm
([msg=18911]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

Oh, but I did solve my mission. I'm just stating that the ASCIItable didn't helped me...at all!
User avatar
reaper162005
New User
New User
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:28 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Basic Mission 6

Post by gastonestb0n on Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:41 pm
([msg=18942]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

i could use some help so if some one could im me on aim maybe cause i dont know very much and im stuck....pf jester911
gastonestb0n
New User
New User
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Basic Mission 6

Post by reaper162005 on Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:54 am
([msg=18952]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

gastonestb0n wrote:i could use some help so if some one could im me on aim maybe cause i dont know very much and im stuck....pf jester911

Read the rest of the post on this topic. It's more than enough.
User avatar
reaper162005
New User
New User
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:28 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Basic Mission 6

Post by TheMindRapist on Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:28 pm
([msg=18969]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

reaper162005 wrote:Oh, but I did solve my mission. I'm just stating that the ASCIItable didn't helped me...at all!

If it had been more than alphanumeric characters, the ascii table would have helped.
Image
User avatar
TheMindRapist
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Basic Mission 6

Post by i_fallenhero on Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:18 pm
([msg=18997]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

you have to use trial and error in order to figure out how the encryption algorithm functions in order to get the pattern to find the correct password
User avatar
i_fallenhero
Experienced User
Experienced User
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:17 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


PreviousNext

Return to Graveyard

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests