Basic Mission 5

Bad threads go here

Re: Basic Mission 5

Post by Defience on Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:39 am
([msg=18723]see Re: Basic Mission 5[/msg])

here_comes_trouble wrote:javascript is 100% neccessary. Your gonna need to learn it either way so start here. Its not complicated, just use your head.

Not a spoiler: you want to CHANGE where the pw is being sent to via js. Re-read this forum- http://nexodyne.com/archive/index.php?t-14736.html

good luck guys

Javascript is NOT the only way to do this...
Defience
Addict
Addict

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by i_fallenhero on Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:35 pm
([msg=18846]see Re: Basic Mission 5[/msg])

yes finially got this one
i_fallenhero
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by specks on Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:19 am
([msg=18852]see Re: Basic Mission 5[/msg])

Wow. I really didn't know what i was doing..

This site (http://nexodyne.com/showthread.php?t=14736) has everything you need to know on how to complete this mission. Just use what you have learned from that source in unison with what you have learned from the previous missions and you will find the password.

Good luck to all who are trying to complete this mission and thank you to those who posted in this thread for guidance.
specks
New User
New User

Post by TF26Hbp7 on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:22 pm
([msg=18967]see Re: Basic Mission 5[/msg])

After completing missions 1-4 with ease I have just spent HOURS on mission 5. Allow me to share my finding:

It does not work with the current version of Firefox!!!

either of the suggested methods!

KILL. ME. NOW.

I only downloaded FF as Hack this Site recomended it - classic. :D
Should an admin not confirm this, and either update the task or at least post a warning?

If you have been getting more and more confused as you read every single article or page ever posted on the web about js injection, look on the bright side - you now know a lot more about the subject than if the task worked as it should.

For those confused by the interface:
If you get:
"Password reminder successfully sent."
that is intended to demonstrate that an email has been sent - but not to you. i.e. try something else (or the same thing in IE)
You do not actually get emailed (shame, would have been a nice touch :) )
If you pass, the response is a page with the password on it.

Big Love x
TF26Hbp7
New User
New User

Post by TheMindRapist on Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:38 pm
([msg=18970]see Re: Basic Mission 5[/msg])

It does work, I just tested it.
You used to be emailed, but Postfix was more trouble than it was worth so that feature was removed.
TheMindRapist
Contributor
Contributor

Post by i_fallenhero on Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:44 pm
([msg=18989]see Re: Basic Mission 5[/msg])

what is "postfix" in my hacking career i have never used it. would you care to elaborate on it?
TF26Hbp7 wrote:After completing missions 1-4 with ease I have just spent HOURS on mission 5. Allow me to share my finding:<BR><BR>It does not work with the current version of Firefox!!!<BR><BR>either of the suggested methods!<BR><BR>KILL. ME. NOW.<BR><BR>I only downloaded FF as Hack this Site recomended it - classic. :D <BR>Should an admin not confirm this, and either update the task or at least post a warning?<BR><BR>If you have been getting more and more confused as you read every single article or page ever posted on the web about js injection, look on the bright side - you now know a lot more about the subject than if the task worked as it should. <BR><BR>For those confused by the interface:<BR>If you get:<BR>"Password reminder successfully sent."<BR>that is intended to demonstrate that an email has been sent - but not to you. i.e. try something else (or the same thing in IE) <BR>You do not actually get emailed (shame, would have been a nice touch :) )<BR>If you pass, the response is a page with the password on it.<BR><BR>Big Love x
And this mission can be completed with the newest version of firefox
i_fallenhero
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by TheMindRapist on Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:01 pm
([msg=19011]see Re: Basic Mission 5[/msg])

Postfix is a system to email.
http://www.postfix.org/
TheMindRapist
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TF26Hbp7 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:20 pm
([msg=19053]see Re: Basic Mission 5[/msg])

TheMindRapist wrote:It does work, I just tested it.<BR>You used to be emailed, but Postfix was more trouble than it was worth so that feature was removed.

Thanks for checking, it is appreciated. At the end of the day you know how the mission is supposed to work. So you say it good, its good.

But I've just checked to make sure I was not being a complete muppet and there must be something else going on as it still works in IE but not in FF. mmmm....? As I'm 100% new to FF I'm assuming there's a gap in my knowledge there, which explains why my logic was flawed re the task not working properly. A variation in the way they deal with js maybe?

Being coy to avoid handing out the solution and trying to be precise to investigate where my problem is doesn’t really gel so I'll pm you what I was doing. Hope you don't mind as I’ve already passed the task.

Cheers.
TF26Hbp7
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:12 pm
([msg=19061]see Re: Basic Mission 5[/msg])

This does work with FireFox. I believe that with older versions of FF there was one additional step that needed to be taken before it could be completed but that isn't the case anymore.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Previous

Return to Graveyard