Thoughts of reality

Bad threads go here

Re: Thoughts of reality

Post by neuromanta on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:34 am
([msg=43298]see Re: Thoughts of reality[/msg])

Microelite7711 wrote:
sanddbox wrote:
Microelite7711 wrote:If anyone really thought like this then they must question every single thing in this world. All of you are just butterflies believing you are humans. Nah, just kiddin' but if everything was just a HUGE figment of our imagination we would be thinking of WAYYY better things. We'd be able to fly with nothing but our bodies, we'd have x-ray vision, and many many other awesome things like that.
<br><br>That's about the most retarded thing I ever heard. The idea is that you're not consciously imagining it - it's happening subconsciously.

That's the most wackiest thing I've ever read because even if it was subconsciously you'd probably subconsciously reward yourself with many many things awesome powers. Plus I don't think your subconscious thinking would image things like rape, torture, aging, birth, what's under a microscope, consistency, scientists making theories about our life, the internet, religions, fossil placement, the learning process, sitcoms, and all kinds of other things.

Fly free you crazy butterfly :)

I think you don't get it. Do you know what's inside your subconscious? Of course you don't... very few people know. Let me ask you a question: do you watch television at least once a week? If the answer is yes, then your subconscious is full of rape, torture, aging, and things like that. The world is the way it is because the subconscious of the majority of people is full of those things.
neuromanta
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Microelite7711 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:17 am
([msg=43301]see Re: Thoughts of reality[/msg])

neuromanta wrote:I think you don't get it. Do you know what's inside your subconscious? Of course you don't... very few people know. Let me ask you a question: do you watch television at least once a week? If the answer is yes, then your subconscious is full of rape, torture, aging, and things like that. The world is the way it is because the subconscious of the majority of people is full of those things.

No, people rape people because they can't get the victim to consent to sex. Torture occurs when you have hatred for someone. Those random hookers killed by the Green River Killer was all because of hatred, 9/11, etc... Aging happens because that's life. The world is like that because it's natural. Cave man weren't numbed by television and you could still picture one cave man raping another... Killing as well. The god damn pearl harbor attack wasn't because of something the attackers seen on TV, it's because they fu*kin' hated us(a) <-- (haha - that's cool). And sh*t, I know I didn't start aging because that's what my subconscious is making me do. Side note - damn, it feels like I'm getting old to quick after I hit 18.

The point of this damn thread is that, no one here is real except yourself. Everything else in the whole world is imaginary. That's what this is about.
Microelite7711
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by tremor77 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:51 am
([msg=43311]see Re: Thoughts of reality[/msg])

It's a "You think therefor you are." concept topic eh? What if I don't think, I am, but know, I am not? Does reality cease to exist simply because my unconscious subconscious conscious has no conscience? Is existence reality or is reality existential? Maybe we will meet again in another life, as cats.
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Theminatar on Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:29 am
([msg=43767]see Re: Thoughts of reality[/msg])

Microelite7711 wrote:The point of this damn thread is that, no one here is real except yourself. Everything else in the whole world is imaginary. That's what this is about.

This right here.

I can't believe this thread is still alive. I love it, keep it going. :D
Theminatar
New User
New User

Post by mRmasteRful on Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:01 am
([msg=43801]see Re: Thoughts of reality[/msg])

Microelite7711 wrote:The point of this damn thread is that, no one here is real except yourself. Everything else in the whole world is imaginary. That's what this is about.

So this thread is basically about solipsm? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism

I'm pretty sure it was dead and you necro-ed it :roll:
mRmasteRful
Poster
Poster

Post by Theminatar on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:32 am
([msg=43925]see Re: Thoughts of reality[/msg])

mRmasteRful wrote:

So this thread is basically about solipsm? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism

I'm pretty sure it was dead and you necro-ed it :roll:

Lol, oops I thought that said the 15th above me, read it to fast.

My mistake.
Theminatar
New User
New User

Post by mRmasteRful on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:58 am
([msg=43927]see Re: Thoughts of reality[/msg])

Thats ok happens to all of us. No rules against commenting on a post long gone...i think
mRmasteRful
Poster
Poster

Post by ToMegaTherion on Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:49 am
([msg=54591]see Re: Thoughts of reality[/msg])

It is an interesting philosophical question which can be argued either for or against the existence of reality.

Here is food for thought, suppose reality is not real and that everything you know and believe is just a dream. Isn't it plausible that you yourself are just a dream, and that in fact you are a figment of someones/somethings imagination. If the world is not real then you also can not be real!
ToMegaTherion
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Graveyard