Thoughts of reality

Bad threads go here

Re: Thoughts of reality

Post by sanddbox on Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:01 pm
([msg=40231]see Re: Thoughts of reality[/msg])

@OP - everyone has asked those questions at one time or another. Been there, done that.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Theminatar on Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:48 am
([msg=40245]see Re: Thoughts of reality[/msg])

Yeah, but the topic is still fun.

goatboy's name has bitch in it. Har harr.
Theminatar
New User
New User

Post by sanddbox on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:20 pm
([msg=40321]see Re: Thoughts of reality[/msg])

Theminatar wrote:Yeah, but the topic is still fun.

His parents filled out Goatboy's birth certificate electronically. They tried to name him Butch, but his dad had fat fingers so he ended up hitting the 'i' key instead.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by Mr_Grey on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:44 pm
([msg=40327]see Re: Thoughts of reality[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:
Theminatar wrote:Yeah, but the topic is still fun.

His parents filled out Goatboy's birth certificate electronically. They tried to name him Butch, but his dad had fat fingers so he ended up hitting the 'i' key instead.

You'd think that'd be the one time -everyone- would spell check.
Mr_Grey
New User
New User

Post by VACUOUS on Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:07 am
([msg=41259]see Re: Thoughts of reality[/msg])

Theminatar wrote:I remember my friend and I were talking, he asked me, what if everyone you saw was a figment of your imagination. What if what you think you saw wasn't real, what if everything was a lie? Also, our ways of thinking developed from the day we were born, we were raised thinking that the color of red you see is called red, but what if that were blue to someone? The color red, but the name of blue? That can used for a lot of things, the actual subject was crazy, but think about it...

Everyone has indeed had that thought. It's called solipsism (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism) and it's stupid. Here's why:

Even if your perceptions of reality are different, what does it matter? As long as your reality is comparable to everybody else's it doesn't make any difference at all.
VACUOUS
New User
New User

Post by d0nut on Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:46 am
([msg=41536]see Re: Thoughts of reality[/msg])

VACUOUS wrote:
Everyone has indeed had that thought. It's called solipsism (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism) and it's stupid. Here's why:

Even if your perceptions of reality are different, what does it matter? As long as your reality is comparable to everybody else's it doesn't make any difference at all.

unless, it's a longshot comparison and it took more time and mental energy to make the connection. Maybe that's autism, and such similar problems come from...

hrmm... :?:
-d0nut
d0nut
New User
New User

Post by Microelite7711 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:54 pm
([msg=43274]see Re: Thoughts of reality[/msg])

If anyone really thought like this then they must question every single thing in this world. All of you are just butterflies believing you are humans. Nah, just kiddin' but if everything was just a HUGE figment of our imagination we would be thinking of WAYYY better things. We'd be able to fly with nothing but our bodies, we'd have x-ray vision, and many many other awesome things like that.
Microelite7711
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by sanddbox on Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:24 am
([msg=43291]see Re: Thoughts of reality[/msg])

Microelite7711 wrote:If anyone really thought like this then they must question every single thing in this world. All of you are just butterflies believing you are humans. Nah, just kiddin' but if everything was just a HUGE figment of our imagination we would be thinking of WAYYY better things. We'd be able to fly with nothing but our bodies, we'd have x-ray vision, and many many other awesome things like that.

That's about the most retarded thing I ever heard. The idea is that you're not consciously imagining it - it's happening subconsciously.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by Microelite7711 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:44 am
([msg=43295]see Re: Thoughts of reality[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:
Microelite7711 wrote:If anyone really thought like this then they must question every single thing in this world. All of you are just butterflies believing you are humans. Nah, just kiddin' but if everything was just a HUGE figment of our imagination we would be thinking of WAYYY better things. We'd be able to fly with nothing but our bodies, we'd have x-ray vision, and many many other awesome things like that.
<br><br>That's about the most retarded thing I ever heard. The idea is that you're not consciously imagining it - it's happening subconsciously.

That's the most wackiest thing I've ever read because even if it was subconsciously you'd probably subconsciously reward yourself with many many things and awesome powers. Plus I don't think your subconscious thinking would imagine things like rape, torture, aging, birth, what's under a microscope, consistency, scientists making theories about our life, the internet, religions, fossil placement, the learning process, sitcoms, and all kinds of other things.

Fly free you crazy butterfly :)
Last edited by Microelite7711 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Microelite7711
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by PinkFloyd22 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:31 am
([msg=43297]see Re: Thoughts of reality[/msg])

Well as said we all tought and talked about the subject of reality but what you mentioned if someone names the color red blue doesn't really matter,because we have a lot of different names for a lot of stuff so you can't really see that as some form of our imagination from the subconscius
^_^
PinkFloyd22
Experienced User
Experienced User

PreviousNext

Return to Graveyard