New and looking for help

Bad threads go here

New and looking for help

Post by darktowermagic on Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:22 am
([msg=25875]see New and looking for help[/msg])

I was wondering if someone could help me out , I'm trying to crack my personal home network on windows and i was wondering if someone could send me a tutorial, or something to help me out.
darktowermagic
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: New and looking for help

Post by insomaniacal on Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:54 pm
([msg=25881]see Re: New and looking for help[/msg])

We need a lot more details. For starters, tell us what kind of encryption the network is using (WEP should be relatively easy to crack, but WPA/WPA2, can be a challenge (though I remember seeing a guide on cracking the passwords for those using aircrack awhile back...).

I'm not really too knowledgable on this topic, but that is essential information. From there, you can use several different methods and programs to crack the password.
It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes
insomaniacal.blog.com
insomaniacal
Addict
Addict

Post by Goatboy on Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:45 pm
([msg=28409]see Re: New and looking for help[/msg])

darktowermagic wrote:I was wondering if someone could help me out , I'm trying to crack my personal home network on windows and i was wondering if someone could send me a tutorial, or something to help me out.

Why do you want to do this? I ask this simply because there are two common answers:

1.) You want to show off
2.) You want to gain quick access

I will not help you with either of these things. If, however, you have an honest desire to learn all about wireless, I will help you. I made the mistake of teaching a kid at my school step by step how to crack his parents' WEP-encrypted network, and he went around calling himself "teh l33t h4x0r" for days. Eventually people found out he can't do shit, but still. I want to spare you the same embarrassment.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by dhawk on Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:14 pm
([msg=36156]see Re: New and looking for help[/msg])

darktowermagic wrote:
I was wondering if someone could help me out , I'm trying to crack my personal home network on windows and i was wondering if someone could send me a tutorial, or something to help me out.

Why do you want to do this? I ask this simply because there are two common answers:

1.) You want to show off
2.) You want to gain quick access

I will not help you with either of these things. If, however, you have an honest desire to learn all about wireless, I will help you. I made the mistake of teaching a kid at my school step by step how to crack his parents' WEP-encrypted network, and he went around calling himself "teh l33t h4x0r" for days. Eventually people found out he can't do shit, but still. I want to spare you the same embarrassment.

Hey im new to this and i was wondering if you would take some time to teach how to crack networks, im n college and studying to become a computer programmer but when it comes to things like the internet (setting up wireless connections, knowing which one to use, wep,wpa,etc. troubleshooting them, and of course hacking them) i suck, so i would like to no if u would help me or point me in the right direction, u sound knowledgeable so i thought it wise to ask u
dhawk
New User
New User

Post by Goatboy on Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:02 am
([msg=36178]see Re: New and looking for help[/msg])

dhawk wrote:Hey im new to this and i was wondering if you would take some time to teach how to crack networks, im n college and studying to become a computer programmer but when it comes to things like the internet (setting up wireless connections, knowing which one to use, wep,wpa,etc. troubleshooting them, and of course hacking them) i suck, so i would like to no if u would help me or point me in the right direction, u sound knowledgeable so i thought it wise to ask u

I will teach you two things right off the bat:

1.) We do not teach cracking here. We teach hacking as a means of defense and expansion of knowledge.
2.) This is from August of 2009. Posting over half a year after a thread is dead is called a "necro" and is frowned upon.

If all you want to know is how to "crack a network" then I am afraid this is not the site for you. We do not support illegal activities. Thread locked, and please read this relevant post.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Return to Graveyard