Viruse counter act

Bad threads go here

Viruse counter act

Post by ckw100 on Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:29 pm
([msg=16505]see Viruse counter act[/msg])

The world of the internet is not a safe place. Viruse are around every corner and be for you know it you have a viruse. The way to counter act on viruses is to know how and when to identifi a safe download and site. also once you have a computer that is infected the best way to get ride of it is throught CMD. CMD is not hard to learn how to use. all you have to realy know is how to f the directory atrribs, and file usage. with this you could also work wih the task manager in the proces tab. but that is m opinion what is yours?
ckw100
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Viruse counter act

Post by The_Computer_Wizard on Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:07 pm
([msg=17386]see Re: Viruse counter act[/msg])

ralf, first off dont be stupid, and i say that for several reasons
1. its illegal
2. you're stooping to his level
3. much harder than you might think
4. it would send out the same virus, thus any good virus scanner would pick up on it after say a week, and then poof its gone

anyway, back to the subject at hand
CMD is NOT a good way to deal with a virus. Granted its an ok start, check your processes, killtasks (especially killing all dependant tasks) but thats just the start
ive seen viruses that will write itself into the registry several times, the second you kill one file or delete it, another will replace it, and that one has a redundant file, etc...

There is no sure fire method really for all viruses. The first thing you need to do is figure out exactly what the virus is doing, after that RESEARCH as i would bet 99999/100000 you're not the only one with this virus. Once researched you should have a better idea of where to go, maybe a virus scanner like avg or avast, or a spyware scan, maybe something along the lines of combofix or maybe you need to slave the drive over to another computer to get rid of nasty little pests

Also, no program is a sure fire way of getting rid of a virus, this is again why research is important. Any clue, like a process or an antivirus returning a report, or symptoms can be usefull, and you might be able to manually remove it
The_Computer_Wizard
Poster
Poster

Re: Viruse counter act

Post by Monica on Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:17 pm
([msg=17388]see Re: Viruse counter act[/msg])

What The_Computer_Wizard said is true.

Topic locked and moved to Graveyard.
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
Monica
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Graveyard