Logic Missions

Bad threads go here

Logic Missions

Post by comperr on Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:53 pm
([msg=494]see Logic Missions[/msg])

As the all knowing moo says
they're not meant as a challenge to overcome like the rest of hts challenges, they're meant to be overcome by you, and you alone, from solving. to quote the logic pages "Please remember that these are logic missions. There will be few if any hints. Don't ask for them please."

Don't post asking for help. You won't get any!
comperr
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Logic Missions

Post by blackprince491 on Thu May 29, 2008 5:19 pm
([msg=3573]see Re: Logic Missions[/msg])

the logic missions and I have a love hate relationship but i think it would be nice to have like a one word hint you can access but if you choose to look at it the points you receive for that mission is cut in half or something
“If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I will write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always."
blackprince491
Poster
Poster

Post by thedotmaster on Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:57 pm
([msg=4976]see Re: Logic Missions[/msg])

mm.. I think the logic missions do need looking at..
It's the halloween = xmas one that gets me...
They aren't logical, they're cryptic. There is a big difference.
We should have little logic puzzles, for example, there's a puzzle I cannot find but basically it's something like this:
You're given a picture of 6 or 8 houses on, all of them numbered.
You are told that Mr Jones, for example, lives opposite Miss Chambers, who lives next door but one to a man and next door to a woman. It goes on and after a bit you work out where everyone lives.

I think that is more logical than -removed-, which is more cryptic than logical.
I think they are important to HTS as hacking does involve educated guesswork - i.e. based on facts that you already know.
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (1)

Post by MrRubix on Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:39 pm
([msg=5094]see Re: Logic Missions[/msg])

Yeah, the logic missions aren't so much logic as they are lateral-thinking riddles, which don't always go hand in hand.

I think you should rename the logic section "Lateral thinking" or something similar, and save the logic section for actual logic questions.
MrRubix
New User
New User

Post by thashika on Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:12 pm
([msg=6368]see Re: Logic Missions[/msg])

lvl 9 is bit silly for me, coz i cant move with it... :o
thashika
New User
New User

Post by Delerium on Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:25 am
([msg=6811]see Re: Logic Missions[/msg])

I agree. I still haven't completed [removed]. I know the answer, but getting the syntax exactly as they expect the answer to be in is annoying... There should at least be some fuzzy logic (no pun intended) for the answers. I hate typing in 100 variations of the same answer and still not getting credit for getting it right.
Delerium
New User
New User

Post by thedotmaster on Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:30 am
([msg=6818]see Re: Logic Missions[/msg])

[Removed]
I went overboard though - I got it down to a rather complex equation using all crazy tables etc (can't give much detail ;) ) and then found that it was the simpler version :shock:
Ah well, I got there in the end.
I'm stuck on 9 now (the one with "in" in a box).. I've had a few ideas but I'm not too sure..
It becomes guessing. If it said "Your answer will be a mathematical formula" then that'd make it less like guessing.
They need improving seriously.
Can I offer to help redo them?
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Post by thashika on Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:11 pm
([msg=6980]see Re: Logic Missions[/msg])

thedotmaster wrote:
Delerium wrote:I agree. I still haven't completed [removed]. I know the answer, but getting the syntax exactly as they expect the answer to be in is annoying... There should at least be some fuzzy logic (no pun intended) for the answers. I hate typing in 100 variations of the same answer and still not getting credit for getting it right.

I finally did the [removed]!
I went overboard though - I got it down to a rather complex equation using all crazy tables etc (can't give much detail ;) ) and then found that it was the simpler version :shock:
Ah well, I got there in the end.
I'm stuck on 9 now (the one with "in" in a box).. I've had a few ideas but I'm not too sure..
It becomes guessing. If it said "Your answer will be a mathematical formula" then that'd make it less like guessing.
They need improving seriously.
Can I offer to help redo them?

still can be fuzzy, coz its only 'in' = I thought sound shoud be nine, going, out, integer but nothings work for me.. some thing i am doing really stupid, give me a hint to just get vanish from this.. in..
thashika
New User
New User

Post by QuantumCaffeine on Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:03 pm
([msg=7596]see Re: Logic Missions[/msg])

[Removed]

QC
QuantumCaffeine
New User
New User

Post by thedotmaster on Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:21 am
([msg=7619]see Re: Logic Missions[/msg])

[REMOVED YOU GUYS POSTED SPOILERS LIKE TEN TIMES IDIOTS]

That's all I think I can give you, and I've probably given too much. Comperr, I accept thy warn.
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Next

Return to Graveyard