My apologies for putting this topic in the wrong area

Bad threads go here

My apologies for putting this topic in the wrong area

Post by intelc on Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:46 pm
([msg=76630]see My apologies for putting this topic in the wrong area[/msg])

I see I can not post in the Basic Missions section. I understand that is because all my helpful inquiries can be answered without re-posting similar (if not the same) questions. Correct me for my methods used to get this question out.

This is for Basic Mission 4
I have not figured out exactly why when I "fix" the language I simply get the answer.. I was expecting when the fix of my personal preference was made, I'd get my information where I wanted it to be. I have completed this mission yet I do not understand the results of the fix.

You may PM me so I can avoid this disguise.
intelc
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: My apologies for putting this topic in the wrong area

Post by -Ninjex- on Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:53 pm
([msg=76631]see Re: My apologies for putting this topic in the wrong area[/msg])

If this was an actual exploit, it would have been sent off to where you specified. However, hackthissite simplified this method by simple giving you the password. So yes, you are correct in thinking that the information would have been sent off elsewhere.
Last edited by -Ninjex- on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
^(-.^)>
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Re: My apologies for putting this topic in the wrong area

Post by v4ry5 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:08 pm
([msg=76632]see Re: My apologies for putting this topic in the wrong area[/msg])

I think this is just a case where you need to use your imagination a little. Many of the missions don't actually require you -- or allow you -- to fully complete the hack. As long as you show the requisite knowledge to get the information needed to proceed, you have completed the mission.

So in this case it seems you know what would have happened had your code change worked as expected, and this is in fact the reason for your q. But really if you think about it, the site is just saving you the hassle of having to go retrieve that information somewhere else, when it's already become clear that you understand what needs to be done in order to complete the mission.

Damn. My pony is slow.
v4ry5
New User
New User

Return to Graveyard