Quantum Physics

Mathematics and Science; the subtle and ubiquitous arts

Quantum Physics

Post by griallia on Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:15 am
([msg=7158]see Quantum Physics[/msg])

I guess it's a very general thread on Quantum Physics. So...

I guess the first poster gets the first topic.
griallia
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Quantum Physics

Post by ELorenz on Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:13 am
([msg=7983]see Re: Quantum Physics[/msg])

Brian Green wrote some easily accessible books on the subject, The Elegant Universe and the Fabric of the Cosmos. He puts it in simple terms but it still makes my head hurt.
ELorenz
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by 193zaitsev on Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:12 pm
([msg=8222]see Re: Quantum Physics[/msg])

I got a copy of Fabric of the Cosmos in high school. It was my introduction to relativity and quantum physics, a very interesting read.
193zaitsev
New User
New User

Post by tomber on Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:18 pm
([msg=8360]see Re: Quantum Physics[/msg])

I think this is a interesting subject, I have a friend who believes in this stuff alot and is always trying to get me to. I've been reading up on it and its really interesting how they believe everything is connected and time/distance have no relevance.
incoherent babbler
tomber
New User
New User

Post by MrMajestic on Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:32 pm
([msg=9698]see Re: Quantum Physics[/msg])

My favourite area of quantum physics is quantum gravity... very interesting stuff. :ugeek:
MrMajestic
New User
New User

Post by lostabyss on Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:45 am
([msg=10422]see Re: Quantum Physics[/msg])

i first discovered it and immediately found it interesting in a movie called "what the BLEEP do we know, down the rabbit hole." it was pretty crazy discussed several different, experiments/applications/theories throughout the movie.
lostabyss
New User
New User

Post by rt_08 on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:00 pm
([msg=13642]see Re: Quantum Physics[/msg])

i also like quantum physics. its like just a different form general physics .you've got to think differently specially when working on sub-atomic scales and in various multiple-dimensional systems
rt_08
New User
New User

Post by 40ounceBounce on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:12 pm
([msg=13643]see Re: Quantum Physics[/msg])

lostabyss wrote:i first discovered it and immediately found it interesting in a movie called "what the BLEEP do we know, down the rabbit hole." it was pretty crazy discussed several different, experiments/applications/theories throughout the movie.

I saw that movie too, it is very good. Although its too bad it was sponsored by some ramma-light cult or w/e, and some scientists claim their words were distorted in the film, it is still a good one.
40ounceBounce
New User
New User

Post by hec546 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:35 pm
([msg=13761]see Re: Quantum Physics[/msg])

lostabyss wrote:i first discovered it and immediately found it interesting in a movie called "what the BLEEP do we know, down the rabbit hole." it was pretty crazy discussed several different, experiments/applications/theories throughout the movie.

do you know where i can watch this movie. it sounds interesting, and this is my first post. it wouldn't let me post even though i was logged in so i could only roam. ooh and please reply if anyone know 8-)
hec546
New User
New User

Post by kranjchar on Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:26 am
([msg=13904]see Re: Quantum Physics[/msg])

hec546 wrote:

do you know where i can watch this movie. it sounds interesting, and this is my first post. it wouldn't let me post even though i was logged in so i could only roam. ooh and please reply if anyone know 8-)

Here:http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=what+the+bleep+do+we+know&emb=0&aq=f#q=what%20the%20bleep%20do%20we%20know&emb=0&aq=f&start=10
kranjchar
New User
New User

Next

Return to Math & Science