9/11 Conspiracy & God

For discussing religion and related topics.

9/11 Conspiracy & God

Post by thedotmaster on Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:05 am
([msg=6937]see 9/11 Conspiracy & God[/msg])

My friend is really really religious. He's a catholic (i think - he's a Christian anyway).
I asked him about two things: the 9/11 conspiracy theories and God.
He believes in God, he thinks 9/11 was 100% a terrorist attack.

Then I asked him, why don't you believe the 9/11 conspiracy theories (which have some, although often rather dodgy, evidence) compared to believing in God, where it is all belief?
He ignored me :evil: but what do you guys think?
(I'm not really saying whether I believe in the 9/11 conspiracy theories, I'm sort of 50:50, but I don't believe in God)
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: 9/11 Conspiracy & God

Post by c24lightning on Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:20 pm
([msg=7914]see Re: 9/11 Conspiracy & God[/msg])

thedotmaster wrote:My friend is really really religious. He's a catholic (i think - he's a Christian anyway).
I asked him about two things: the 9/11 conspiracy theories and God.
He believes in God, he thinks 9/11 was 100% a terrorist attack.

Then I asked him, why don't you believe the 9/11 conspiracy theories (which have some, although often rather dodgy, evidence) compared to believing in God, where it is all belief?
He ignored me :evil: but what do you guys think?
(I'm not really saying whether I believe in the 9/11 conspiracy theories, I'm sort of 50:50, but I don't believe in God)

The biggest reason I can think of is that there is an infinite amount of more proof of God than there is of the terrorist conspiracy. But that's not to say that one is false.
Here's some sites you might be interested in:

Need a proxy? Here - user:pass combination is proxy:bypass
c24lightning
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by munkyman123 on Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:22 am
([msg=13250]see Re: 9/11 Conspiracy & God[/msg])

Ive always thought the consipiracy would to have bush plot the attack to turn the americans towards war with middle east, so that they always have the upperhand, with UK,Canada,australia and the rest as allies, they can dominate any part of the world they wish. This has been happening since existance, so there should not be too much thought into all this really. I wont answer the religious question because im athiest.
munkyman123
New User
New User

Post by thedotmaster on Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:41 am
([msg=13260]see Re: 9/11 Conspiracy & God[/msg])

c24lightning wrote:The biggest reason I can think of is that there is an infinite amount of more proof of God than there is of the terrorist conspiracy. But that's not to say that one is false.

There is no proof that God exists. That is why you believe in God. It's a belief.
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (1)

Post by JrJarhead on Mon May 11, 2009 11:15 am
([msg=23562]see Re: 9/11 Conspiracy & God[/msg])

munkyman123 wrote:Ive always thought the consipiracy would to have bush plot the attack to turn the americans towards war with middle east, so that they always have the upperhand, with UK,Canada,australia and the rest as allies, they can dominate any part of the world they wish. This has been happening since existance, so there should not be too much thought into all this really. I wont answer the religious question because im athiest.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha watch what dane cook has to say about athiests
To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost.

Peace is not the absence of war; it is a virtue; a state of mind; a disposition for benevolence; confidence; and justice.
JrJarhead
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Spectre557 on Mon May 11, 2009 12:31 pm
([msg=23569]see Re: 9/11 Conspiracy & God[/msg])

c24lightning wrote:There is an infinite amount of more proof of God than there is of the terrorist conspiracy.

I challenge you to name one bit of "proof"... you can't prove there's a god, because there isn't one.

I can give evidence that the Earth is flat, and blindly believe in it no matter what contradicting evidence, common sense, and scientific insight might tell me. But I still can't prove it.
Current obsession: Minecraft
Spectre557
Poster
Poster

Post by neocontra on Mon May 11, 2009 12:45 pm
([msg=23570]see Re: 9/11 Conspiracy & God[/msg])

There's probability and a certain amount of logic (depending how you look at it) that would lead someone to believe in A god. As far as a Christian God, that's 100% faith, and can't be proven or disproven.

As far as the 9/11 attacks go, there was proof as to who (as far as individuals go) did it, how they did it, who took credit for it, the reasoning behind the attacks (by who took credit for it), and a logical progression as far as that particular terrorists activity is/was concerned. Bush could NOT have planned for bin-Laden to take credit for those attacks, nor could he have planned the string of attacks that have since followed.

The only conspiracy that has any real ground is that the Bush administration made up 98% of the intelligence gathered on Iraq in order to declare war on Iraq to distract people from the fact that bin-Laden was hiding in Pakistan, and we could not invade Pakistan to go after him (because they're our "allies") and the Pakistani government would not aid the U.S. in finding bin-Laden once he was in their borders, due to the fact that bin-Laden is considered a hero among that sect of Islam. Pakistan cooperating with the U.S. would've caused a civil war there. So then the Iraq war was designed as a distraction, because Bush felt that he could easily take Iraq and the war would be over in a matter of weeks. Obviously, he was wrong.
neocontra
New User
New User

Post by fiftysixer on Mon May 11, 2009 12:53 pm
([msg=23574]see Re: 9/11 Conspiracy & God[/msg])

And on the flip-side, what's the proof that there' ISN'T a god? :p

I believe that 9/11 was at least partly a terrorist attack, but I also believe there's a lot more to the story than we'll ever know. I'm not saying that the U.S. government did it, or aliens, or anything...I'm just saying that certain things don't add up. I hope one day soon we will know exactly what happened.

As far as the whole god thing: God isn't something that can be proven/disproven beyond a doubt. People much smarter than all of us here have been debating this for thousands of years and *still* have no conclusive answer. It's one of those things that each person will have to research on their own and come to their own conclusion.
Big fan of Image
fiftysixer
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Spectre557 on Mon May 11, 2009 1:07 pm
([msg=23575]see Re: 9/11 Conspiracy & God[/msg])

fiftysixer wrote:And on the flip-side, what's the proof that there' ISN'T a god? :p

There doesn't need to be; the idea itself makes no sense, can't be substantiated in any way, and originated from primitive suspicions, a need to explain unusual phenomena, and a need for "something more".

You don't need proof for something like a god because the idea itself is extremely flawed. For example, if I one day decided that my guitar talks to me in my head, you couldn't prove that it doesn't, because there's absolutely nothing physically provable about it. Rather conveniently. A lot like religion actually...
Current obsession: Minecraft
Spectre557
Poster
Poster

Post by JrJarhead on Mon May 11, 2009 7:58 pm
([msg=23594]see Re: 9/11 Conspiracy & God[/msg])

i don't see why religion and creation is always stuck into the subject of science because doesn't science have to be repeatable and historically recordable but every belief on how we began does not include us so no one can really say it happened this way or that or am i the only one that had to learn the laws of science in school
To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost.

Peace is not the absence of war; it is a virtue; a state of mind; a disposition for benevolence; confidence; and justice.
JrJarhead
Experienced User
Experienced User

Next

Return to Religion