Proof that God does/doesn't exist.

For discussing religion and related topics.

Re: Proof that God does/doesn't exist.

Post by Finarfin Palantir on Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:41 am
([msg=8134]see Re: Proof that God does/doesn't exist.[/msg])

Um, what?

I think that pretty much sums it up, I've heard of reductio ad absurdum,

So there must be a "greatest" being. So however you define "greatest" as will determine the God you believe in.

Is a prime example of setting yourself up for it.

I just realised again that if I invent a machine that can administer a small dosage of corporal punishment over the the internet, I'll become a millionare within the hour!!!
Finarfin Palantir
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by HoleSystem on Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:21 am
([msg=8135]see Re: Proof that God does/doesn't exist.[/msg])

Aren't we all just too stupid to know what's right and what's wrong?
We will never know the real truth.
Humans are just too limited in their little crippled minds.
No (r)evolution/religion/knowledge/sacrifice/millionotherthings can save us nor en light us.
Is there god?
Who knows, not me.

No proof.
I just stated something what can be quoted for centuries.
Didn't gave answer nor I questioned something.
I don't like to philosophize too much but on the end it seems like I do.
Lol on me.
HoleSystem
New User
New User

Post by Sonic7145 on Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:29 pm
([msg=8264]see Re: Proof that God does/doesn't exist.[/msg])

Sonic7145
Poster
Poster

Post by muller2008 on Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:38 am
([msg=8313]see Re: Proof that God does/doesn't exist.[/msg])

Who cares!
Thought this forum was about doing these missions and not whether there is a God or not??
Phew! Give us a break.......
muller2008
New User
New User

Post by tomber on Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:01 pm
([msg=8357]see Re: Proof that God does/doesn't exist.[/msg])

I have blind faith when it comes to god. He says, I follow. It is one of the few things I do that I will not question completely or ever give up. BTW I'm christian
incoherent babbler
tomber
New User
New User

Post by Pendulum on Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:28 pm
([msg=12974]see Re: Proof that God does/doesn't exist.[/msg])

RedSoxNation is a fool. Do not give credence to his post. There has never been identified a system of "irreducable complexity" and irreducable complexity would not exclusively imply a designer either.
Pendulum
New User
New User

Post by Zelth on Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:56 pm
([msg=12978]see Re: Proof that God does/doesn't exist.[/msg])

Pendulum wrote:RedSoxNation is a fool. Do not give credence to his post. There has never been identified a system of "irreducable complexity" and irreducable complexity would not exclusively imply a designer either.

You can't say someone is a fool. If he believes in God, so be it, what can you do about it. It's his choice, and not everyone else's.

I personally believe in God, and His Son Jesus Christ. It's true that certain species might be able to become more developed, however, I do not believe we evolved from monekys/apes/whatever. And it's not only because it's embarassing, if we did evolve from them, how come there's still monkeys/apes out there...

Anyways, also about the Big Bang.... there has to be some sort of...reaction? or something that triggered it, it's not possible that there was a huge explosion coming out of the middle of nowhere. And even if there was the slightest chance of that happening, what are the odds that a planet would have exactly the right conditions to have life? Everything on earth exist by pure design. If everything happened by....an explosion, then an explosion couldn't possibly create trees, or rivers, and such.

I don't care of you don't accept my idea, but do not reproach me just because I believe in God. If you choose not to believe in Him, fine, I'm cool with that. If you do believe in Him, praise the Lord. If you don't like me, I don't care XP.

Yeah...that's basically it...I think..
Z~Epsilon
Newbie Programmer
Learned: HTML, XHTML, CSS
Learning: PHP, C++
Zelth
Poster
Poster

Post by Dr_Phil on Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:39 am
([msg=12993]see Re: Proof that God does/doesn't exist.[/msg])

doubleman wrote:Nothing can't come from nothing unless someone makes something come from nothing (God). Did planets collide? Well who made the planets? Did we evolve from a cell? What made that cell? I believe God created man in 7 days.

I love this post! <3<3

Now here comes my question:
Who created God, and from what?
:D

Zelth wrote:Anyways, also about the Big Bang.... there has to be some sort of...reaction? or something that triggered it, it's not possible that there was a huge explosion coming out of the middle of nowhere. And even if there was the slightest chance of that happening, what are the odds that a planet would have exactly the right conditions to have life? Everything on earth exist by pure design. If everything happened by....an explosion, then an explosion couldn't possibly create trees, or rivers, and such.

What was the reaction that created God?
The universe is a very, very, very big place.
What is the odds that it wouldn't be a single planet with life in this huge universe with millions and millions with planets?

The explosion didn't create the trees. It's called "Evolution"
The explosion didn't create the rivers. The water and wind did it.
Dr_Phil
Poster
Poster

Post by Zelth on Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:19 pm
([msg=13024]see Re: Proof that God does/doesn't exist.[/msg])

Dr_Phil wrote:
doubleman wrote:Nothing can't come from nothing unless someone makes something come from nothing (God). Did planets collide? Well who made the planets? Did we evolve from a cell? What made that cell? I believe God created man in 7 days.

I love this post! <3<3

Now here comes my question:

Zelth wrote:Anyways, also about the Big Bang.... there has to be some sort of...reaction? or something that triggered it, it's not possible that there was a huge explosion coming out of the middle of nowhere. And even if there was the slightest chance of that happening, what are the odds that a planet would have exactly the right conditions to have life? Everything on earth exist by pure design. If everything happened by....an explosion, then an explosion couldn't possibly create trees, or rivers, and such.

What is the odds that it wouldn't be a single planet with life in this huge universe with millions and millions with planets?

I do have to admit...that's a very nice question. I will have to ask my friends and peers about that. :D
Z~Epsilon
Newbie Programmer
Learned: HTML, XHTML, CSS
Learning: PHP, C++
Zelth
Poster
Poster

Post by myhexhax on Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:57 pm
([msg=13028]see Re: Proof that God does/doesn't exist.[/msg])

Dr_Phil wrote:Now here comes my question:

I tend not to engage in threads like this, as they only provide frustration and never resolve. I believe what I believe, and you believe what you believe. It's reasonable assume that this thread will not change the aforementioned facts. Notwithstanding the above, I decided to try my hand at participating in it.

You ask very good questions, although unfortunately, the same argument can be countered against you.

Ask yourself: Who created the universe? No-one? Okay, I'm fine with that.
The universe has always existed then, correct?

Now, taking into consideration the laws of thermodynamics, you can make some safe assumptions about the universe.

Firstly, Energy cannot be created nor destroyed. (i.e. There is a fixed constant of energy available in the universe, it is not increasing, nor decreasing)

Secondly, systems utilizing energy tend to increase entropy. (The utilization of energy results in it dispersing into less and less usable forms)

You can make the assumption that entropy is always increasing with time, except in 100% efficient systems (there are few, if any) due to the 2nd law of thermodynamics (and moreso the zeroth law, but let's keep this simple)

Time goes up, Entropy goes up.

Now. Due to the assumptions of the previous statements, you can follow the below path:

1. Infinite/Maximum Entropy is not present in our universe
-- We can utilize energy, and it is still transforming from one form to another
2. As Time increases, Entropy increases (Law #2)
3. As Entropy increases, Energy becomes less and less usable, in that there is no reason for it to transfer because it would be in equilibrium if infinite entropy was reached (See Law #0)
4. There is an origin in time, because:
-- Again, as time increases, entropy increases, So:
-- If there was no beginning to time, it would extend into the past infinitely
-- Meaning that we would have infinite entropy
-- But we do not, as we are able to utilize it (transfer of energy still possible, no universal equilibrium, see law #0)
5. Because there is an origin in time, you can assume that the universe has not always been present (in that it did not exist before time)
6. Because the Universe did/could not exist before time, something that is without time is what created it.

Your homework is to find out what that something was.

But basically,
Dr_Phil wrote:Now here comes my question:
Who created God, and from what? :D

Who created the universe, and from what?
What was the reaction that created the Universe?

Bonus points if you butcher this post with quotes, and completely nullify all points presented, because I'm tired, and have no idea what I just wrote. It may make no sense, and I don't feel like proofreading it :]

EDIT: Let us try that again.. Notepad's word-wrap double spaced everything lol
gniripsni ewa si rehte eht morf cisum siht
myhexhax
Poster
Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Religion