Religion Debate.

For discussing religion and related topics.

Religion Debate.

Post by xTractatorix on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:08 pm
([msg=67755]see Religion Debate.[/msg])

So yes, i am interested to know what your religious views are, also I'm in the mood, for a good debate.
Ill start I'm a Deist, as i see no evidence for any of the world religions.
xTractatorix
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Religion Jarble

Post by WallShadow on Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:31 pm
([msg=67757]see Re: Religion Jarble[/msg])

This should go under the philosophy > Religion forums, not under General forums.

As for religion, my family is formally all Eastern Orthodox Christian, but we've always had a loose belief in it. We never really fast, and we only go to church once a year to light a candle for our ancestors. We basically only celebrate on Easter (the fast, not the Easter bunny holiday) and Christmas Eve December 31st.

Personally I am more atheist than christian in the sense that I have yet to witness any solid evidence of any religions besides a few texts and books that are over the thousands of years old. The only thing I really believe is that there was some guy by the name of Jesus Christ. That's a fact, I've seen enough evidence to state that firmly. Whether or not he really could turn water into wine, I really don't know. Common knowledge dictates that the technology required for that was unavailable back then and it is just barely possible now. My mother claims there is some element of mystic beings and that she has 'sensed' them, but I really don't buy it for even a moment.

But truthfully, all I want to know is where the fucking lost ark is. the Crusades happened, Jerusalem was captured by the Europeans, aaaaaaand it's gone. There's plenty of evidence that it existed and that someone managed to get away with it during one of the Crusades. Either someone has it just lying in the basement of their million dollar ancient castle, or its still there somewhere. Buried. Maybe not Jerusalem, but somewhere. First person to dig it up has quite a lot of good cards in their hand.

I'd love to hear from more people, I think this is an interesting topic.

-WallShadow <3
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Religion Debate.

Post by anarchy420x on Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:59 pm
([msg=67762]see Re: Religion Debate.[/msg])

I believe we cycle through life as energy. Imagine it as you want, but I picture a cloud of energy like that god cloud on fururama. I don't claim there to be a god, deity, or higher power. If you must picture a god, the universe is a god. Every part of it.
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Post by centip3de on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:09 pm
([msg=67766]see Re: Religion Debate.[/msg])

I feel like we get one of these threads once a year and it always ends up the same way (Ahem). Anyway, I've yet to comment on one and am feeling slightly masochistic, I suppose, so I'll bite.

I'm an atheist (I assume this will be the trend of most people on here), though I have no issue with religion. In fact, I believe that about 30% of the population requires their religion to function on a daily basis, it's essentially their drug. They aren't ready to give it up and quite frankly, religion is dying out on it's own so I see no need to go out and battle it.
Last edited by centip3de on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by anarchy420x on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:10 am
([msg=67768]see Re: Religion Debate.[/msg])

centip3de wrote:I feel like we get one of these threads once a year and it always ends up the same way (Ahem). Anyway, I've yet to comment on one and am feeling slightly masochistic, I suppose, so I'll bite.

I'm an atheist (I assume this will be the trend of most people on here), though I have no issue with religion. In fact, I believe that about 30% of the population requires their religion to function on a daily basis, it's essentially their drug. They aren't ready to give it up and quite frankly, religion is dying out on it's own so I see know need to go out and battle it.

^^ I completely agree
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Re: Religion is a load of bollocks used to control stupid folks.

Post by edone automaton on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:39 am
([msg=67771]see Re: Religion is a load of bollocks used to control stupid folks.[/msg])

Until such time as the scourge of religion is removed from the face of our planet, I shall remain loyal to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Last edited by edone automaton on Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
-Bruce Lee
edone automaton
Poster
Poster

Post by xor402 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:04 am
([msg=67773]see Re: Religion Debate.[/msg])

I am a christian as a start.

Daer xTractatorix, what is a Deist ? could you please explain it to me, i am not familiar with it.

Dear WallShadow , i didn't realy understand that you have seen enough evidence to state that there was Jesus Christ, since you don't know nothing about him, funny isn't it. Unless you mean another Jesus and another Christ than what Christianity believe in!

Dear anarchy420x , so romantic view about life, does the blood in your veins is too a sort of energy?

Dear centip3de, i hope that moslems would see as you that religion is dying out on it's own, they intend to erase all other religions in the world, since islam only believes in 2 other religions only Judaism and Christianity, any other non islamic beliefs is pure evil, to be accurate they only believe in the religions names but they do not believe in their books or teachings or in their GOD.

Dear edone automaton, i visited the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster website, delicious, nice photos for the Melbourne counter-demonstration: Muslims and Pastafarians Vs. Atheists , notice that moslems had a poster that stated that Al-Quran Islam the only monotheistic religion, pure lie, does Judaism believes in 2 Gods.

I hope that you consider that other nations regard practicing religion as a matter of life and death, not a philosophic debate
xor402
New User
New User

Post by xTractatorix on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:05 am
([msg=67775]see Re: Religion Debate.[/msg])

Wow i really thought there would be more christians.
xor402 wrote:Daer xTractatorix, what is a Deist ? could you please explain it to me, i am not familiar with it.

Well is should tell you to google it, but for times sake ill tell you. Diesm is the believe in one god, much like christianity only it holds that this god has not revealed himself to any man, my personal believe is that if live was able to evolve on this planet, there might be some sort of intelligence out there in the universe. If you want to know more heres a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism
xor402 wrote:I am a christian as a start.

With what evidence? The truth is that after countless excursions we have no evidence that Jesus Christ of Nazareth ever existed.No evidence, he was ever crucified, that he ever had problems with the farecies, that he ever resurected and so on. The romans were VERY good at keeping records and none of the accounts of the bible can be validated. In fact the whole story of the nativity were The king ordered everyone to return to the place of there fathers is completely FALSE.The king NEVER gave out that order, it never happened.The list of evidence agaisnt Christianity just continues to go on and on.
xTractatorix
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by WallShadow on Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:09 am
([msg=67776]see Re: Religion Debate.[/msg])

xor402 wrote:Dear WallShadow , i didn't realy understand that you have seen enough evidence to state that there was Jesus Christ, since you don't know nothing about him, funny isn't it. Unless you mean another Jesus and another Christ than what Christianity believe in!

Actually, there is plenty of evidence that Jesus Christ existed; ranging from his followers who recorded many of his teachings, to many Jews who recorded his existence, even down to Jesus' court trial in front of the Roman governor Pontius Pilate. On top of that there are even several physical artifacts left over from him such as the cloth that was used to cover his face after he was crucified. Look at what actual historians have to say: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_Jesus.

-WallShadow <3
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by centip3de on Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:39 am
([msg=67778]see Re: Religion Debate.[/msg])

xor402 wrote:Dear centip3de, i hope that moslems would see as you that religion is dying out on it's own, they intend to erase all other religions in the world, since islam only believes in 2 other religions only Judaism and Christianity, any other non islamic beliefs is pure evil, to be accurate they only believe in the religions names but they do not believe in their books or teachings or in their GOD.

Something tells me you don't have the intellectual capabilities to be anything besides a bigoted Christian who will do nothing besides bash other religions, not think critically and be a general nuisance to anyone who doesn't believe exactly like you. But that's okay, you'll be weeded out soon enough (survival of the fittest). Also, if you're interested, you can go live where tons of people believe exactly what you do, it's a magical place called Texas!
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Next

Return to Religion