If God is real he must hate us.

For discussing religion and related topics.

If God is real he must hate us.

Post by winter-owned on Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:46 am
([msg=56566]see If God is real he must hate us.[/msg])

"Love does not envy"
"Your God Is a jealous God"

It stands to reason we're fucked. If I weren't an atheist, I'd be scared.
winter-owned
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: If God is real he must hate us.

Post by sanddbox on Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:16 am
([msg=56592]see Re: If God is real he must hate us.[/msg])

Insightful.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by pretentious on Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:42 am
([msg=56594]see Re: If God is real he must hate us.[/msg])

winter-owned wrote:If I weren't an atheist, I'd be scared.

I don't know where you got that idea. I mean religious people will tell you about how if you don't believe, on judgment day you will be cast out...lots of fire, pain and other scary shit....FOREVER!!! aaaargghhh. I'm surprised they don't put a flash light under their chins. Who said anything about being scared?
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
pretentious wrote:Welcome to bat country
pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

Post by markt4death on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:08 pm
([msg=60692]see Re: If God is real he must hate us.[/msg])

I am not an atheist, and to clarify. Love does not envy and neither does God. He is envious of nothing, however, when the Bible says He is a jealous God, it means that if you intend to have a relationship with God you had better commit to it with your whole heart.
Just like you might expect a husband to be jealous if his wife starts flirting with other men, God gets angry when we allow anything to get between His relationship with Him. God doesn't hate anyone. He just can't stand sin, but He isn't going to force you to love Him. He wants you to give yourself freely and totally to Him. That's it.

p.s. I'm not trying to piss anyone off who doesn't believe what I do. I have many atheist, friends and I respect their opinion even if I don't accept it as true
markt4death
New User
New User

Post by vietman on Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:52 pm
([msg=61721]see Re: If God is real he must hate us.[/msg])

markt4death wrote:He just can't stand sin, but He isn't going to force you to love Him. He wants you to give yourself freely and totally to Him.

That's the part I could never understand. How can a promise of an eternity in Hell not amount to force? That's like pointing a gun at someone and saying, "I'm not going to force you to give me your money, but I'll slaughter you and your family if you don't".
vietman
New User
New User

Post by augris on Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:34 pm
([msg=63590]see Re: If God is real he must hate us.[/msg])

God doesn't send anyone to Hell, the only people who go there are the ones who, by their own actions, show that they do not want to be with God. It's not that he sends them there, they go there because there cannot exist any lack of love in Heaven. That answer?
augris
New User
New User

Post by LopLol99 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:58 pm
([msg=64516]see Re: If God is real he must hate us.[/msg])

I'm not going to say I'm a specific religion. But, if God is all forgiving and gives us a second chance, why would a forgive full God send someone to hell forever?
LopLol99
New User
New User

Post by Dahaar on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:22 am
([msg=64529]see Re: If God is real he must hate us.[/msg])

I don't believe in the concept of hell. And you can be a good Christian without it.
Yes, it does say, that God is a jealous and angry god, but that's the old testament. The new testament shows him as loving and forgiving and everybody will come to heaven eventually. But that doesn't imply that we can just do what we want on earth.
Dahaar
New User
New User

Post by VadimCool on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:10 pm
([msg=65170]see Re: If God is real he must hate us.[/msg])

LopLol99 wrote:I'm not going to say I'm a specific religion. But, if God is all forgiving and gives us a second chance, why would a forgive full God send someone to hell forever?

God forgives those that accept his love, and sends away those that don't. Away could be explained as hell, because without God's love there is only hatred and suffering left.

But, God does not forgive anyone that didn't really strive towards having a honest relationship and life with God. And if we didn't really seek God, but rather a Religion. God gives many second chances, actually as many as there are minutes in your lifetime. But people don't have time to seek God and think about having a life with God. They rather live for themselves and so they eventually end up alone by themselves asking where God went to while God will be asking where they we to. And we went astray from God. We deny a life with God, then we are on our own where we can't do much and can't expect much either.
VadimCool
New User
New User

Post by LoneFury4590 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:27 am
([msg=68486]see Re: If God is real he must hate us.[/msg])

@winter-owned mind me asking where you got "your god is a jealous god" from? (:
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
LoneFury4590
New User
New User

Next

Return to Religion