Cant we just get along

For discussing religion and related topics.

Cant we just get along

Post by Orpheus 47k on Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:34 pm
([msg=49253]see Cant we just get along[/msg])

I would like to make one thing clear im am not religious at all but i respect other people who are wether they're christian hindu, or any other religion and i wish other people would feel at least a little bit the same way. The point is though a lot of people are not and we are constantly fighting and waging wars over which religion is true and let me tell you no mater and i mean no matter what you do it will not prove your is the truly the one we just cant be doing this any more it is time to be more tolerant and spread not war or hate but peace and love.
hackers use backdoors
Orpheus 47k
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Cant we just get along

Post by insomaniacal on Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:45 pm
([msg=49254]see Re: Cant we just get along[/msg])

I agree, but it's much easier said than done. Until people who choose militant tactics for spreading their fate are enlightened, it will continue. Killing them doesn't do much good either, all it does is increase their fervor.
It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes
insomaniacal.blog.com
insomaniacal
Addict
Addict

Post by fabianhjr on Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:44 pm
([msg=49259]see Re: Cant we just get along[/msg])

Don't worry, I am almost half done doing this cool railgun which charges a capacitor and propels it, effectively creating an explosive/arch-melter sort of thing. Did I mentioned my church sponsored the research? :D

EDIT: BTW, this remember my to Assassin's Creed!
Donate bitcoins to me! [1DhRP3hHgmSLQdRTZyT8VPTmzAj7Z2rsGA]
Dunno what bitcoins are? BitcoinMe
fabianhjr
Poster
Poster

Post by PinkFloyd22 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:17 pm
([msg=49260]see Re: Cant we just get along[/msg])

I totally agree with you,its almost imposible for us to even imagine a world in peace,without wars,without greed,with love and tolerance in our hearts and minds.Most people think its imposible to change this world thinking how 1 person doesn't matter but if only people 1 by 1 started sharing love and peace the world would be in a such a better place.As for religions I respect every religion and I'm an atheist.I just don't like people using religion as an excuse for killing people,you don't have to hate someone who believes in something different,you should only care in what you believe and follow.
:)
^_^
PinkFloyd22
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by sanddbox on Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:33 pm
([msg=49262]see Re: Cant we just get along[/msg])

...And how is this thread going to bring us any closer to that goal?

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by msbachman on Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:36 pm
([msg=49279]see Re: Cant we just get along[/msg])

Edit: poor-wording.

Alright, well here's my dumbed down version of the conflict against al Qaeda and the US. If you look to what entities such as the AQAP posts for why they fight against western powers, they frequently cite 'imperialism' and various evils associated with the West's relation to both their religion and their peoples in the Middle east.

The West, on the other hand, seeks their destruction for terrorist attacks, regressive societal goals, etc.

To live in peace would mean at least one side would have to abandon their goals. My question is, how are you going to take away people's motivations to fight against the other side in such conflicts? The West won't capitulate and agree to live in an Islamic society replete with Sharia law, people forbidden to speak out against religious leaders, etc. Likewise, al Qaeda doesn't seem receptive to becoming more tolerant of the West's increasing influence on their culture through mediums such as the Internet, broadcast television, etc.

Saying that we should all live in peace is an easy statement to make. Claiming to have an answer of how to get there is much harder. So...any ideas? :lol:
"I'm going to get into your sister. I'm going to get my hands on your daughter."
~Gatito
msbachman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Orpheus 47k on Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:49 am
([msg=49431]see Re: Cant we just get along[/msg])

yes it is easier said than being done but peace is the bonus to get along is the goal, just because we dont agree which will always happen because we are all different doesnt mean we cant work together we are going to have conflict but we should not have it over something as stupid as religion because at there core they are about peace with your fellow man and woman
hackers use backdoors
Orpheus 47k
New User
New User

Post by Vulpine on Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:52 am
([msg=49432]see Re: Cant we just get along[/msg])

Peace is bad for the gene pool, mmmkay?
Vulpine
Poster
Poster

Post by Microelite7711 on Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:56 pm
([msg=49441]see Re: Cant we just get along[/msg])

I can't just get along because it seems that every religious person I talk to
gets angry or labels me as bad once I say I'm atheist. Assholes.
Microelite7711
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by msbachman on Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:59 pm
([msg=49450]see Re: Cant we just get along[/msg])

Microelite7711 wrote:I can't just get along because it seems that every religious person I talk to
gets angry or labels me as bad once I say I'm atheist. Assholes.

Though that's unfortunate it used to be much worse! :P

If they're foolish enough to actually verbalize that line of thinking, you could have some fun with it. Being a Christian doesn't make someone good (except maybe in the eyes of god). Ask them if a person innocent of any crimes accepts Jesus and then starts a hobby of serial killing; ask them who is less moral. Lol.
"I'm going to get into your sister. I'm going to get my hands on your daughter."
~Gatito
msbachman
Contributor
Contributor

Next

Return to Religion