The "proof" of the Christian God being fake

For discussing religion and related topics.

Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake

Post by icey123456 on Mon May 31, 2010 10:01 pm
([msg=39367]see Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake[/msg])

Any time I have been posed with this question, I have had a very simplistic, almost silly answer for it. Based on the point that God is infallible and all powerful, God should be able to heat a burrito hot enough that it would be impossible for even himself to ingest. I'd love to hear how that could be untrue as to evidence in God's powers, or lack thereof.
icey123456
New User
New User
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:21 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake

Post by 106627bg on Mon May 31, 2010 10:39 pm
([msg=39371]see Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake[/msg])

I think everyone's getting the wrong impression. That was an example of an argument, I don't actually believe that.
106627bg
New User
New User
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:16 pm
Location: Washington, US of A
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake

Post by icey123456 on Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:01 am
([msg=39375]see Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake[/msg])

106627bg wrote:I think everyone's getting the wrong impression. That was an example of an argument, I don't actually believe that.


I believe what I had posed is quite a reasonable argument, regardless of beliefs. I would like to see the opposite side of that argument formed though.
icey123456
New User
New User
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:21 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake

Post by 106627bg on Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:37 pm
([msg=39396]see Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake[/msg])

Once again, I failed to convey what I meant. Oh well.

Oh, Look! A squirrel!
</distraction>
106627bg
New User
New User
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:16 pm
Location: Washington, US of A
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake

Post by sanddbox on Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:17 pm
([msg=39397]see Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake[/msg])

@OP - that depends how you define perfect. First of all, the Bible doesn't say the world is perfect -- it only states that God is. Furthermore, who says that the definition of perfection can't change?
Image

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
User avatar
sanddbox
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2331
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake

Post by overburn404 on Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:07 pm
([msg=39506]see Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake[/msg])

There is no proof of the christian god being fake. However, there is no proof of it being real.
The thing is - our own mortality forces us to belive in a higher hierarchy.
And I simply don't understand people that believe that they have prooven the existence of a god by simply saying stuff like "then nature is too perfect for it to had evolved on it's own the way it has"...

Nature isn't perfect (at least in the way that we understand perfection).

Organic lifeforms are not perfect... When we don't eat , our stomach ejects acid substances, thus deteriorating itself. Our heart cracks at the first imperfection in our bloodflow. Our eyes are damaged at the very sight of extremely bright light.
So, how can we be perfect when we ourselves have built machines that have most of our functions and are more resilient than us against extreme conditions.

The thing is , religion is a tool used by others to make us ignorant. And when we are ignorant, we are vulnerable to manipulation by less ignorant people. So my position stands as being against organized religion.
The simple fact that we are questioning the existence of a christian god proves that we have been manipulated by christianity for far too long.

And because of that, technological evolution is being hampered. Look at Japan for example. They have a much higher tolerance for technology than we. When a new experiment is being performed in Europe, we all scream that they don't have the right to mess with our lives, all our assumptions being made on the basis propaganda. We are far too vulnerable to change.

Well, my point is that I believe that there is a god. The thing is... my god is what I can see and touch, not what someone tells me that should be.
When there are so many established religions around the world , how can we claim that the christian god is the "true" one? I find that to be complete hypocrisy.

Sorry about my ranting, but I think that this is the right place for it.
And also, sorry about the grammatical mistakes, but I'm not a native english speaker and they seem to appear as often as bugs in software.
overburn404
New User
New User
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:54 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake

Post by clrkbar on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:40 pm
([msg=39781]see Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake[/msg])

icey123456 wrote:Based on the point that God is infallible and all powerful, God should be able to heat a burrito hot enough that it would be impossible for even himself to ingest. I'd love to hear how that could be untrue as to evidence in God's powers, or lack thereof.


It's like the "make a rock so big and heavy he can't lift it" paradox. The question itself is flawed. You're dealing with infinities here. We mortals can't really cap God's power or ingestion limit. It's like asking what number is higher than infinity? And don't give some crap answer like "two infinity".

Besides, for the burrito, God could heat it up as hot as he wanted and still eat it. It would just hurt a lot more going down. =)
clrkbar
New User
New User
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:17 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake

Post by Goatboy on Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:29 pm
([msg=39790]see Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake[/msg])

clrkbar wrote:You're dealing with infinities here. We mortals can't really cap God's power or ingestion limit.


lawl

This is my favorite argument. Not only is it weak as hell, but it's also overused to the point of being cliché. The Law of Diminishing Returns applies here.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
User avatar
Goatboy
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2782
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake

Post by msbachman on Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:25 pm
([msg=39791]see Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake[/msg])

clrkbar wrote:
icey123456 wrote:Based on the point that God is infallible and all powerful, God should be able to heat a burrito hot enough that it would be impossible for even himself to ingest. I'd love to hear how that could be untrue as to evidence in God's powers, or lack thereof.


It's like the "make a rock so big and heavy he can't lift it" paradox. The question itself is flawed. You're dealing with infinities here. We mortals can't really cap God's power or ingestion limit. It's like asking what number is higher than infinity? And don't give some crap answer like "two infinity".

Besides, for the burrito, God could heat it up as hot as he wanted and still eat it. It would just hurt a lot more going down. =)



Well if we can't grasp the concept of infinity, we can't claim god as being infinite; you can't have it both ways, claiming that we don't understand infinity and that god is infinite, because even if he was you've already said we wouldn't know.

//////


My two cents to the OP is that you don't need a proof for god being fake. Sure, the concept of a god has morphed significantly with each disproof--showing god to be contradictory in one respect or another. But the biggest proof is the pathetic flailing of the religious as they try to evidence god. As there's no evidence--none--for the existence of god whatsoever, people have to draw inspiration from some shit book written x number of years ago.

All the while, I might add, rejecting all the same books written by differing sects that try to substantiate their own frauds. Christians don't spend five seconds rejecting the faiths of 1.5 (approx.) billion Muslims, nor vice versa. Nor do they concern themselves with Zeus, or any of the other gods of antiquity. Only when it comes to their religion do they suddenly become credulous.

The last time when I frequented the forums, there was a Mormon on here. If you want to talk about credulity, consider a religion that teaches that the resurrected transported himself to America. Substantiated by the same method of personal testimony as were the Gospels, Jesus can now appear willy-nilly whereever someone is literate enough to narrate him doing some new feat.

And, to add insult to injury, penning a fraudulent religion is almost certain to deceive a sizable number of people with the right marketing. Just look at Scientology...pulled straight from the ass of a science fiction writer, a fraud, a huckster.
"I'm going to get into your sister. I'm going to get my hands on your daughter."
~Gatito
User avatar
msbachman
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:22 pm
Location: In the sky lol
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake

Post by sanddbox on Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:10 pm
([msg=39808]see Re: The "proof" of the Christian God being fake[/msg])

Here's how it works.

I tell you that my dick is 4 feet long (true, of course).

You say "Prove it". I whip out my dick, it's proven true, etc.

Now, let's say a mormon says he knows of an allpowerful, invisible floating man in the sky.

I say "prove it". He says "LOL PROVE HE DOESN'T EXIST (trollface.jpg) LOL LOL LOL HE'S INFINITE AND ALLPOWERFUL HUMANS CAN'T UNDERSTAND....EXCEPT ME OF COURSE LOL LOL MORON...YOU'RE ROTTING IN HELL LOL LOL IF EVOLUTION IS REAL THEN WHY HAVEN'T MONKEYS TRANSFORMED INTO HUMANS, RIDDLE ME THAT, BITCH? LOL LOL YOU BELIEVE IN THE BIG BANG? AT FISRT THERE WAS NOTHING, AND THEN THAT NOTHING EXPLODED LOL LOL MORON...[hypocrisy] HOW CAN YOU TALK ABOUT SOMETHING COMPLEX YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT LOL LOL [/hypocrisy]...IF EVOLOOSHION WAS REAL THEN WAI IS THERE NO SUCH THING AS A TYRANNAUSURSSQUIDLIONZEBRASPIDER MIX, HUH? LOL LOL"

He's the one asserting a new claim. It's his job to prove it's true, not my job to prove it's false.
Image

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
User avatar
sanddbox
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2331
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


PreviousNext

Return to Religion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests