GOD DOES HE EXIST ???

For discussing religion and related topics.

Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???

Post by Vlox on Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:19 pm
([msg=14568]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

N1kk3 wrote:

I believe that there is a god, just as much as I believe that there isn't. No-one has never been able to prove either, and most likely no-one will ever be. For all I care, there might just be something that has created us, whether it would be a holy spirit which exists everywhere, an unpopular nerd who has made a whole universe when bored, or an undeterminable (yea, that's certainly a real world -_-) entity in another universe, which influences our universe in ways our brains would never be able to understand. But then again, there just might not be. Whether the case is, I will continue living my life like I've before without putting my mind too much to these things.

this is the thing with religion THEY CANT PROVE the exisitence of god and what cant be proved cant disproved so the church or what ever holy orders goals are 1) get more conversians 2)make money (a few cases withindrawel) or 3) disprove science and any thing that can lean towards no gods
=The Means Accuse But The Results Excuse =MACHEOVELLIE=
Vlox
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

"What" is god

Post by rayden4_mk on Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:18 am
([msg=14760]see "What" is god[/msg])

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and i when saw this i thought i cud share my ideas here.
I think it better to ask " What is god" rather than "who".
Because in my opinion GOD is an IDEA-a concept,created by some brilliant people of ancient times so that they can control the society(not dictatorship but putting an order to society).Then they made rules based on it,which would otherwise have been ignored by this society.Also another purpose is it helped human race to answer unanswered questions by science with the abbreviation GOK.

I would appreciate your opinion on my way of thinking.Thankyou

Lord Rayden
rayden4_mk
New User
New User

Post by godofcereal on Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:22 am
([msg=14761]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

The only god is me. The godofcereal!
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by Sikvaruli on Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:22 am
([msg=14923]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

Here's my exerpt.

I believe there is a God, and I think that it's only logical that there is one for the following reason:

Let's take Time and Matter. What is time? Changes in matter. That's why there is a God. One may think- what? But let me explain.

If you were to apply properties of infinity on something, it could never change. For example; If I was to give you a chocolate bar after I flipped a light switch an infinite number of times, would you ever get that chocolate bar? Nope, but because there ARE changes in time, we can only come up with the reasoning that TIME IS MATTER. God doesn't change, time does. What created time? Circumstance? Definetly nothing material.

It would've HAVE to have been God.
I want to learn how to hack/bypass: .bat file restrictions, bypass administration restriction, and how to hack websites.

"Sikvaruli" is Georgian for "Love"
Sikvaruli; სიყვარული :D
Sikvaruli
New User
New User

Post by Mortecai4 on Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:42 pm
([msg=14928]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

I don't believe in God,
this is for many reasons though.
But the problem is, how can there be a God,
who is ultimate incorruptable goodness,
create man, who is subject to corruption and sin each day?
If there truly is a God incoruptable, and man is made in his image,
than we must be incorruptable, which we are obviously not.

And if that doesn't make sense, then why does God let evil exist?
If God really cares about the world, he will make all good.
Mortecai4
New User
New User

Post by Sikvaruli on Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:07 pm
([msg=14956]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

Mortecai4 wrote:I don't believe in God,
this is for many reasons though.
But the problem is, how can there be a God,
who is ultimate incorruptable goodness,
create man, who is subject to corruption and sin each day?
If there truly is a God incoruptable, and man is made in his image,
than we must be incorruptable, which we are obviously not.

And if that doesn't make sense, then why does God let evil exist?
If God really cares about the world, he will make all good.

What did we learn on 9/11? We learned so much, and we all united as Americans on that day. 90% Approval rating for the President. This is why.

If we do not face evil, then we can no longer accept that it exists, and in return, there is no point to love or need a God at all. God gives us the great test of finding out His greatness by giving and allowing such evils. It only makes us stronger.

Though he created us in his image and likeness, if you read Genisis, because Adam and Eve were tempted by the devil, they became imperfect and suseptible to sin. Angels are not perfect, only God is. This is why we sin.
I want to learn how to hack/bypass: .bat file restrictions, bypass administration restriction, and how to hack websites.

"Sikvaruli" is Georgian for "Love"
Sikvaruli; სიყვარული :D
Sikvaruli
New User
New User

Post by Mortecai4 on Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:17 am
([msg=14972]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

Sikvaruli wrote:Though he created us in his image and likeness,

How do we know that we are all created in God's image?
Is it just an assumption made by man that since we are smarter than all creatures,
does our dominance over earth make us made in God's image?
It seems to me a kind of selfish to say that we are created in God's image, or even worthy of saying so.

What if we die, and God is instead a chicken, a monkey?
We eat chicken, so i guess that means damnation.

And should God really be manipulative like that?
Using evil to guide us to good, there is no such thing as evil,
just an absense of good; an ignorence of what is really good.
Mortecai4
New User
New User

Post by southafrica1 on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:11 pm
([msg=15240]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

I believe very strongly in God.
If you read Genesis which is the first book of the Bible you will see that it is written that God created us in his image and gave us authority over all the other creatures on earth.
God lets sin exist in this world as a way of separating the good from the evil. Think of it this way: If you made a robot and programmed that robot to love you no matter what. Would that be true love? NO!because it doesn't have a choice to love you or not.
God allowed us to sin and make our own choices as a way to make those who follow his way to truly love him. If he didn't give us a choice then it wouldn't be true love. "Love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your spirit and with all your body." is the number one commandment in the bible.

Doesn't the idea that you will live for 80 years and then be gone forever scare you? Except that you won't just cease to exist, you will burn in hell for an eternity of punishment.
Instead follow God our creator and you will spend eternity in paradise.

If you have any questions feel free to ask> I will try my best to answer them and I will be glad to help in any way.

GOD BLESS!
southafrica1
New User
New User

Post by dismantle on Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:49 pm
([msg=15246]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

Ya that's a real touchy subject i guess? But why would people continue to keep this book (bible) still? Its hard to believe that they would still set fourth to spread the word if it was entirely false. But like everyone says there's no scientific proof. But sometimes i look at it like this : Dont believe in god---->You could go to a place called hell..haha Believe in god don't gotta worry about the outcome!(if he does exist) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dismantle
New User
New User

Post by HDLA on Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:38 am
([msg=15270]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

uhmm. excuse me, im kinda lost on the discussion coz i am new here.

im humbly asking , where is god?

can i meet him?
HDLA
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Religion