GOD DOES HE EXIST ???

For discussing religion and related topics.

Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???

Post by OneArrow on Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:30 am
([msg=7694]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

Nidoking wrote:As I said evolution can cause you to lose or mix around things. You can have a genetic mutation that takes away a leg or grows you an extra arm but your not going to have a mutation that gives you wings or venomous fangs.

Over the course of a single generation, this is highly unlikely, yes. But evolution takes generations upon generations to work its magic. In this way, organisms may absolutely develop new features over time.

Mutations are a result of the genetic code being copied incorrectly, and this always results in less information not more.

Incorrect - or there wouldn't exist genetic disorders resulting from too much genetic material being copied. Also, an error in copying is not the only way in which a mutation can occur.

There has been no evidence of a genetic mutation creating new information, only destroying it.

People with Down Syndrome would disagree.
OneArrow
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Finarfin Palantir on Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:37 am
([msg=7922]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

I've read quite a few of the posts in this topic and I'd like to point out something that hasn't been covered at all...

A lot of the arguments seem to revolve around a certain book as the "only evidence" mmm, that seems really really foolish to me, anyone ever heard of the Council of Nicea? It just seems to me that a very small percentage of people posting in this thread has any knowledge about the events that occured between say 600BC and 1400AC?

If you don't like the idea of the Bible being a 100% accurate document when describing kings, battles, geography and major events that took place then feel free to use any other source, in no way do I see the Bible as the only proof that a man named Jesus walked on this earth and was crucified, in no way am I claiming this as sufficient proof that Jesus was the son of God.

What I do wish to point out it that it is a historical fact that a man named Jesus was crucified.
It is a fact that the bible is 100% accurate when describing historical events and geography in the applicable timeframe.
(That really made me wonder)

Point being the Bible is not the only surviving historical document. Just remember that.

The second thing I wish to point out is simply aimed at those who call themselves Christians, (since if you don't I'm pretty sure it won't bother you) Even by Christian standards, leading a brilliant life (once again by Christian standards) AND knowing that God exists (Once again the Christian God, just to avoid confusion), will not gain you entry into Heaven(And yet again the Christian Heaven just to avoid confusing again), it simply is not enough.

I've heard on numerous occasions that people call themselves Christians as a "backup theory",i.e. "if God does exist I go to Heaven if He does not exist, I have nothing worry about."
All I'm saying is if you die and this man with a white beard smiles at you and asks you "Is that so?" Well don't tell Him nobody ever mentioned it's not enough. (Just a figure of speach, in no way do I mean to imply that God is a man or that He has a beard)

"Believe", "Faith"

Don't you guys/girls think if we had proof we'd just call it knowledge instead?

Moving on [In closing I refer to this point here, henceforth called ABF123]

Just a little imagery I'd like you to think about, I hope you all saw magicians when you were kids, the concept of magic and this magician opened up a new world to you, then at some stage you realised there was no real magic. Has a magician ever been so amazing since you made the discovery? Would God be any different? If we understood it, would it still be that amazing?

We complicate this topic so much, I've even heard protons and neutrons being thrown over the table. Which is great, glad someone was paying attention in science class, but do you really with your 20th century brain ever stop and consider that when the Bible was written/people who lived between 600BC and 1400AC(For those who think the Bibe was fabricated in the year 1952 or whenever) had no understanding of these things at all? If the Bible was written beyond our comprehension what would be the use? I sincerely doubt that God created the world in 7 literal days, just like "made in His image" does not reflect anything physical to me, we are the only creatures on this planet with logic and reason, no other creature can make this boast.

In closing my honest opinion is that we complicate this topic because we hate not knowing the answer to something. It's more a defensive mechanism than anything tangible.

Everything beyond ABF123 is just my honest opinion and in no way do I wish it to be confused with facts.
Finarfin Palantir
New User
New User

Post by lathermiah on Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:20 am
([msg=8405]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

This is a site for hacking. No one can really make a judgment or say they have proof. I believe in God, but I do not have any proof he is real. Be glad you are alive on this Earth and don't question it. No one can understand God and no one can tell if he exists. For example, say God is real, how has he always been? It is said he is no beginning nor end. My mind is boggling thinking about how he has always been. I am trying to think how he was created. After only a few seconds you will realize how weak your brain is.

Be glad you are alive and leave it at that :)
lathermiah
New User
New User

Post by zamight on Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:55 pm
([msg=12711]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

Finarfin Palantir made a very good opinion. In my opinion.

religion - a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe.
belief - something believed; an opinion or conviction.

Mark 11:22
"Have faith in God," Jesus answered.

Bible is about believing. Not seeing, hearing, nasty, or touch.
Maybe, he doesn't want us to see him, hearing him or anything. Because we are unholy for him. So if we are in his presence we will be struck dead. Through Jesus is to God. Jesus will make us holy again so we can be in presence of God.

What would be the point of seeing him then die? It'll never provide us proof because we all be dead.

Let me take into science now.
Universe - All matter and energy, including the earth, the galaxies, and the contents of intergalactic space, regarded as a whole.

Dark Matter - a hypothetical form of matter invisible to electromagnetic radiation, postulated to account for gravitational forces observed in the universe.

Dark Energy - in physics, a hypothetical force that affects the behavior of photons, counteracts gravity, and causes the universe to expand at an ever-increasing rate

Since the Universe is mostly made of actually 73% Dark energy and 23% Dark matter. There is a limit to the size of the universe. Dark Energy expands. Dark Energy is the size of the universe. RateXTime=SizeOfUniverse. That also means the Universe started in one specific spot in the universe. The Center. Now in math. If there is nothing which if Dark matter expands it started from nothing. Than nothing times nothing equals nothing. (0x0=0) So nothing should exist. So something had to create it. That could be God. That created the emptiness and created the Dark matter and so on. Why can't we understand this? Well, we don't know God's Logic. He created our logic. Ares expanded into the universe as it expanded and so we only got ares to understand. God can be outside the universe where our laws and logic doesn't apply. So he can do anything. But hey. Most of that made since lol. Don't see anything wrong with it.
zamight
New User
New User

Post by Dr_Phil on Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:23 am
([msg=12783]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

jschmidt wrote: While no one has been able to prove that God exists, no one has been able to prove He doesn't exist. Archeologists have never found artifacts that are inconsistent with the writings in the Bible. That alone makes me believe that it must be true.

No one has been able to prove that the Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn't exist.
Archeologists have never found artifacts that are inconsistent with the Flying Spaghetti Moster
That alone makes me believe that it must be true.
Dr_Phil
Poster
Poster

Post by buckboii on Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:46 pm
([msg=12885]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

i am not going to read all these post yet because i am not in the mood for reading but just reading the poster statement.

WE all want something to believe in, something higher so that that thing or it can give us hope and so that we can blame it or the thing.

What I DONT believe in is Jesus. too me that is completely fiction and fake. I do not believe in a guy that lived 2000 years ago and did all this magical shit. He is not a character in World of Warcraft.

I do believe that there maybe a higher being up there.. such as God, but, in what definition does "God" mean?

There are tones of God's out there..

Theres the Jesus God, Indian God, Buddhism God, etc. You get my point right?

edit,

After reading the first page of the thread, alot of people believe in God.. I do too but there are limits..I also believe in science..karma and such things like that but I just dont think that Jesus was real, My guess.. it was some drunken idiots who said OK, Let's make up a bullshit leader and make it work.. BOOM, couple years, hundred years, thousand years later, OMG ITS WORKING. LAWL...

agian, if science cannot prove that there was a Jesus, then i believe that there was no Jesus, but thats only in science, I just dont believe in Jesus at all.

Alright, the bible says that Jesus was in the old Europe, yet how come the people that live there CANNOT find any evidence of "Jesus" or anyone else that was related in the bible..

In Quebec, Ontario, i was on a trip to a church, The church is name forgotten but i know it has Anna in it. St.Anna? or something..Never the less, They found her arm and hand.. They actually found her arm and hand in the dirt while digging something else... It was unbelievable, that was when i was in grade 8.. but if they can find a hand of someone not as important as Jesus, then come on.. Im not saying that hand/arm of that Lady is not important but im just saying...
buckboii
New User
New User

Post by Vlox on Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:24 am
([msg=14304]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

ok to put away some thing address at me i was half pissed when i wrote this ok it was my son bday and hew was moveing out WOOOO !!!!!! he has since moved back in .....

i think all religious books are dervied from the or a orgianl book because they all have simularites
second to raise a person to beleave a god exists befor he has any concept of god is brain washing
3rd i ment to put jewish not christian....
4th i stand by the phrase "the greates work of fiction ever told" davinci code i think this implies all holy books
and ill add anouther comment to this topic

what have we ever got from religion ??
wars??
guilt??
how about racism ??
convertion??

and the jehovahs witness which knocks on you door every 24th of december to ask if you will convert !!! !
(this isnt all jehovahs witness just the one that knocks on my door)

and if any one says belive and life after death i say
BullS*IT
these is no life after death
and how can you beleive in something that isnt real or there isnt any evidnce for him or her to exists
i have all my beliefs firmly set in science
=The Means Accuse But The Results Excuse =MACHEOVELLIE=
Vlox
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by alchemydragon on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:47 am
([msg=14325]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

Okay lets understand a few things about this topic.
1. I have taken several years to study chemistry, micro science, and atom science. Basically the standing on the big bang is that a quark is what started the chain reaction that created our universe. Okay here are my questions. How did a quake start if all the matter was compressed into the collection of the "first matter" if it was packed so tightly? Why are there laws of physics if there was no one to "write them"? if you say that there was no one then you are saying that the early matter have a degree of intelligence. If they did then where did it go? How can you be sure that the radiation fields that are being picked up in space that are said to be from the big bang are really from the big bang?

2. Things i have seen and experienced I can not show you any physical proof. I believe in him because of things i have gone through and things that have been do for me and my family.

Either way you go you have to go on faith. science is the pursuit of truth. And just for the record, in many of the science communities there is a large move in believing that there is a great creator. My wife is in Anthropology and this has been coming about for several years now in that field. i have talked with many People in the atom field of study and a lot of them agree that what we have around could not have come out of nothing. There must of been someone or something that gave order and structure to everything.

In the end we will part ways and you will believe what you want and I will believe what I want.
alchemydragon
New User
New User

Post by Vlox on Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:59 am
([msg=14327]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

alchemydragon wrote:Okay lets understand a few things about this topic.
1. I have taken several years to study chemistry, micro science, and atom science. Basically the standing on the big bang is that a quark is what started the chain reaction that created our universe. Okay here are my questions. How did a quake start if all the matter was compressed into the collection of the "first matter" if it was packed so tightly? Why are there laws of physics if there was no one to "write them"? if you say that there was no one then you are saying that the early matter have a degree of intelligence. If they did then where did it go? How can you be sure that the radiation fields that are being picked up in space that are said to be from the big bang are really from the big bang?

2. Things i have seen and experienced I can not show you any physical proof. I believe in him because of things i have gone through and things that have been do for me and my family.

Either way you go you have to go on faith. science is the pursuit of truth. And just for the record, in many of the science communities there is a large move in believing that there is a great creator. My wife is in Anthropology and this has been coming about for several years now in that field. i have talked with many People in the atom field of study and a lot of them agree that what we have around could not have come out of nothing. There must of been someone or something that gave order and structure to everything.

In the end we will part ways and you will believe what you want and I will believe what I want.

let my guess you believe "all science leads to god" ???
the universe is so finely tuned yes they may have been a creater
but its the image of god which is destorted how can any one of being will something in to exsistance ???

and would some one that intelligent and powerfull need followers???

the question of do you beilive in god??
was not aimed at beleives but the distored veiw of god
i my selve belive there must be a creater and i never said i didnt but the image of god provided by almost all religions is many or one
i belive in none but belive in a creater
=The Means Accuse But The Results Excuse =MACHEOVELLIE=
Vlox
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by N1kk3 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:54 pm
([msg=14330]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

Well, time to post again ^^.

Anyway, I'm not going to comment or refer to any other opinions given in this thread, I'm just going to point my own and you're free to speculate, comment and do whatever you wish with it :p.

I think that such thing as god is way too... above everything to us plain old humans to even start speculating its existence. This is because no-one of us is capable of determining the existence of such thing, so why would anyone even bother trying to say that there is one, or that there isn't one. I personally think that no-one us has the right to say that. Of course, one believes what one believes, that can't be stopped, nor should it be stopped, but with things like this, people just should keep these things in their own minds and try not to put them in anyone else's. Of course it can be discussed, and opinions often come from such events, but everyone thinks unique, and everyone has every right to, no-one should even try to change that. And of course, when you look what doing so has given us, almost everything from simple bullying, to murders and even wars. People are usually plain evil when it comes to these things.

Well, I said that everyone has the right to believe what they want, I never really stated that so here goes:

I believe that there is a god, just as much as I believe that there isn't. No-one has never been able to prove either, and most likely no-one will ever be. For all I care, there might just be something that has created us, whether it would be a holy spirit which exists everywhere, an unpopular nerd who has made a whole universe when bored, or an undeterminable (yea, that's certainly a real world -_-) entity in another universe, which influences our universe in ways our brains would never be able to understand. But then again, there just might not be. Whether the case is, I will continue living my life like I've before without putting my mind too much to these things.

Anyway, that's my insanely unclear opinion with some pointless extras :P.
Enjoy, or don't, or just don't even read.
N1kk3
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Religion