GOD DOES HE EXIST ???

For discussing religion and related topics.

Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???

Post by Brent-tc on Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:57 am
([msg=5255]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

Nines9 wrote:
Brent-tc wrote:I bet you say something foolish, like "he's always been here".

It would be foolish to feel CERTAIN that something cannot have always been here.

I fully agree with that. The only reason I bothered to say that is because one of the most common arguments I have heard used to disprove a more secular approach to where life began is "ohh really? You don't believe that there is a God? Then what created the universe?"... If God can have always been there, why can't the universe (by universe, I just mean any sort of matter, concept, really anything except an almighty being from which the rest of existence may have been spawned... Make sense?)...

Working past the "everything comes from something else" point of view was surprisingly hard for me. I did eventually realize that there had to be a starting point that didn't come from anything... that had always just been here.
Brent-tc
New User
New User
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 6:15 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???

Post by fashizzlepop on Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:16 am
([msg=5259]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

int3grate wrote:What the fuck is god?

dog backwards.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
User avatar
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer
 
Posts: 2304
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 1:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???

Post by heyheyhack on Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:43 pm
([msg=5288]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

i am beginning to come round to the idea that a god does exist. since the dawn of science, science has basically argued with science, but i now think that maybe god wanted it to be this way. maybe we were given free will so that we can question god through science. also scientists are beginning to make discoveries, that god may actually exist and they can proove this through the string theory, basically what the string theory talks about is that there are i think 11 seperate dimensions all next to eachother, we being part of the 3rd dimendion cannot move to another dimension, however we can be 1mm away from ourselfs in a paralell dimension but never know about it, and this theory can prove that a god exists, because he/ she can be in a different dimension crossing into our 3rd dimension without us even knowing.

watxh this video for a clearer explanation,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzMEAkI-yrQ
HeYhEyHaCk
heyheyhack
New User
New User
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???

Post by Jimmy_Riddle on Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:47 am
([msg=5327]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

If he does exist, when I catch up with him, we're going to have words! :|
Jimmy_Riddle
New User
New User
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:24 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???

Post by heyheyhack on Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:15 am
([msg=5335]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

Jimmy_Riddle wrote:If he does exist, when I catch up with him, we're going to have words! :|


lol, i agree
HeYhEyHaCk
heyheyhack
New User
New User
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???

Post by Blaq on Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:49 am
([msg=5414]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

Personally I do not believe in God (As in the christian god), however I am open to the though of a higher power whatever it may be. Myself i am a Satanist (Not devil worship look it up) as in Self worship and the betterment of myself in this life so that i may be content with myself and achievements because nobody knows what happens after death. Well thats my two cents.
Blaq
New User
New User
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:07 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


sure he EXIST... but not in the world that you exist

Post by arash16 on Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:36 am
([msg=5419]see sure he EXIST... but not in the world that you exist[/msg])

if he doesn't exist so why we exist? where did we come from? some say there was a explosion and after that the world been made... why did that explosion happened? why is this world have rules? why Gravity exist?
there's other books an prophets...
however i'm a moslim... i think relation beetwen god and human is like relation between human and his thoughts and dreams..
human is not just material... the material is what he control... body is what we are in...
think about some of your dreams... in some of them you are completely sure that you're alive in a real world. are you sure just now you're alive?? there's a guy says: people are in sleep, when they die they wake up.

God exists.. but not in the world that we exist. This is impossible to seek him.. he is more dimensional.. think about a drawing.. he cant see you... but you see him.. you draw a line.. he says: oh a line appeared.. so there's a drawer. there's a GOD

science has no problem... it's the GOD's hand..
(sorry 4 my bad english)
arash16
New User
New User
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:16 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???

Post by Brent-tc on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:45 pm
([msg=5538]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

The proof for God's existence always seems to be "why?"... and I always retaliate with "why does God exist?"... It's a valid argument, but it has gotten a bit tiresome. So here's a new one: To answer your question "why are we here", because God made us. Now why did omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent God create lowly humans? He just got bored one day and said "Hey, I know! I'll make little people who will kill each other, question my existence, rape, give me 10% of their income (because I may run low on my cash supply), and so much more! Then I will rest on a Sunday (because I will get tired after all the work done by my infinite power), and then I will become so emotionally attached to them that when I send them to hell, I will feel sorry for them, but hey! I made hell too, so it must also be perfect... And rather than inspire hope, and love, I will inspire fear! This way when they get mad at someone, they can say "I guess I should just forgive and forget... WAIT A MINUTE!!! Why, when I am created in God's image, should I forgive and forget?!? If I did something that God did not like, he would send me to hell for all of eternity!... Unless of course I politely ask for forgiveness. And then I get to eat the greatest most perfect fruit ever for the rest of my existence... but of course I could already be doing that if that bitch Eve hadn't went and screwed over man-kind by eating an apple." -- I could go on for hours with this BS, but I think I may be digressing a bit.

Through all this, what I am trying to say is: why did God do any of this? Also, God himself belongs in hell. If I tortured someone for all of eternity because I personally didn't like their actions, I surely would be sent to hell.

I apologize for only considering my idea of God in this, but I'm sure that a good portion of my thoughts would apply to most other 'Gods' too.
Brent-tc
New User
New User
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 6:15 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???

Post by droptable on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:31 pm
([msg=5540]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

Brent-tc, your argument applies against some peoples beliefs but not against the existence of God.
Sig deletes by administrator
User avatar
droptable
Experienced User
Experienced User
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:32 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???

Post by Auxis on Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:11 am
([msg=5542]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

droptable wrote:Brent-tc, your argument applies against some peoples beliefs but not against the existence of God.

I agree. Not to flame, but a new thread should be started for that.

As for me, I believe in God. Although I was brought up in the church, there have been too many things happen in my life that seem to be more than just a simple coincidence for me. Many could argue that my logic is clouded by the fact that I was brought up believing in God, but I just don't think there couldn't be one.

Don't get me wrong, there have been many times when I have doubted the existence, but then something happens in my life that just reassures my belief in Him.

I hope I contributed something constructive to this thread.
Auxis
New User
New User
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 3:00 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


PreviousNext

Return to Religion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests