GOD DOES HE EXIST ???

For discussing religion and related topics.

Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???

Post by Kubaceski on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:48 pm
([msg=4754]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

I'd like to begin my post by clarifying one thing: Science is (should be) the pursuit of truth. Science has nothing to do with "dis-proving" God. On the contrary, rather, (I do believe in the God of the Bible, the one true God) God is absolutely true and perfect, having created all things (what kind of god would be anything less?) and thus true science is a pursuit of truth, an uncovering of the world surrounding us, a study of that which the Maker hath produced.

The Bible was written over the course of several thousand years by a variety of human authors (completed around 100 AD, compiled with New Testament by 400 AD, with the Old Testament being recorded, reproduced, and preserved in an entirely anal fashion by the Hebrew nation the entire time), all guided by God (what type of God wouldn't have the power and authority to control the content of His written word to His creation?). We are God's children but we can choose to turn from Him (which is rather obvious in our surrounding world). This free will exists essentially so that God does not have "robot" children - He wants a relationship, and it means far more to a parent if their children [i]choose[i] to love them than if forced to.

There are a myriad of evidences for God, but like many things in reality, we don't necessarily have tangible proofs, but a convincing enough set of evidences which have never been disproved in any fashion should be enough to convict one's logic, although even logic cannot convict the selfish soul.

Our society has an unfortunately errant view of truth, God, reality, humanity, and many other things that make it very difficult to "convince" one of the actual truth. My job, as a Christian, is not to convince - I cannot change a man's heart - my job is to bear witness to the truth through my thoughts and actions, while perhaps acting as a catalyst in another's life.

To the one who claims there is no God but also claims to live "morally", how do you define moral correctness? What is your standard? If we are to claim that there exists moral and immoral, then a comparison is drawn between the moral and immoral. Any comparison must have a point of reference, a standard. What, then, is your standard of "morality"? From where does it come, and from where does it derive its authority?

Those were just a few thoughts I had while perusing this thread...
Kubaceski
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by iamjman on Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:48 pm
([msg=4756]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

Vlox wrote:There is no prove god exists all we have is a book witch is over 4000 years old probaly written by a sadistic ruler to control his people by giving them belive all god is a belive yes there may have been a jesus 2000 years ago maybe he was a christian preist but THERE IS NO PROVE OF GOD BUT IN ACIENT WRITINGS some of you may disagre but ill ask each and every one of you if you have prove of god .

first of all Jesus wasnt a christian priest he was jewish and the people who believed him to be christ where called christians.. it helps if you know what your talking about.
look up douglas jacoby debate on youtube. its debate between a well known athiest and a christian. it refers to a "higher being" or god not God specifically from the bible.
iamjman
New User
New User

Post by iamjman on Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:59 pm
([msg=4757]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

patchthesock wrote:I like the way most people refer to god as a he. Is this not sexist? If god existed I would like to think of it as a she.

God and Jesus are reffered to as "he" in the Bible so if you want a she find another bible with another god.
Its not sexist. we dont choose to call Him "him" but follow the Bible which gives us knowledge of Him...
iamjman
New User
New User

Post by iamjman on Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:03 pm
([msg=4758]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

anthrax015 wrote:
LORD-ICON wrote:the nine commandments dont cover these
The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
9. Do not harm little children.
10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him
make u think doesnt it who is evil and who is good

I believe that is from the Laveyan(misspelled?) Satanic Bible. Which are basically Atheist Satanists, if god doesn't exist how does satan exist? Laveyan is a joke, try reading scriptures from different Satanism bibles if your are reading this. =p just a thought

for real. we get satan from the bible. if the bible is incorrect(which it hasnt been proven wrong) than the fact that a satan exist would be incorrect and therefore not valid.
iamjman
New User
New User

Post by Kubaceski on Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:05 pm
([msg=4759]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

iamjman -
Good calls.
Kubaceski
New User
New User

Post by iamjman on Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:06 pm
([msg=4760]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

blackprince491 wrote:i see that math is the base of science. and seeing as real science is the undoing of god wouldn't math be the end of a logical god?

show me some science that undoes God
iamjman
New User
New User

Post by iamjman on Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:13 pm
([msg=4761]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

mrvanillaice wrote:Yeah, but I am sure you didn't know the facts of the evolution of the theory god.

The bible was written way before christ came around, Jesus was just a reminder for our sins and a way we could let our sins be forgiven.

The bible was written in two different continents at the same time, using the same theory, (If you question this look up something called carbon dating), theorists and scientists have proven that the two bibles were written in different continents which in fact was impossible for them to even communicate, one because the form of transportation wasn't great enough, and they had no way to understand eachother.

the bible consist of the old testament and new testament. old was written before Christ and new after. Jesus clarified what our sins are not just remind us but you got the forgiveness part right.

regardless of where the bible was written the old testament was written hundreds of years before new testament and also it is "all scripture is God-breathed"(according to bible) so its not just same theory
iamjman
New User
New User

Post by Brent-tc on Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:51 pm
([msg=4763]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

Eh. Here goes.
Personally, I do not believe that we as a people in whole will ever truly know whether or not God exists. Even as individuals we will never be able to completely verify what is or is not real. You could very easily be in a coma, or dreaming right this moment. Maybe I am dreaming as I type this, and I will be the only one to ever read it. Even in death, there will be no proof. Once again, you could just be dreaming/ in a coma. (Not to overuse that thought, but...) And if there is no afterlife, you will be incapable of proving it for obvious reasons... the main one being that you simply won't exist anymore. At least not the part of you that qualifies you as more than just biomass.

By the way, I am an agnostic (more specifically, a strict agnostic) 'converted' from Chrisianity, and personally, I don't care too much for religious labels. You can call yourself a Christian, or you can call yourself a Buddhist, but in the end, it won't truly matter what you describe yourself as, but more so, it will matter what you truly were.

Do not force your religion upon others. Stop and think for a minute at how selfish that is; to try and force someone to be who you expect them to be is just ridiculous. And think about it. You as a Christian, or other similar religion may be "absolutely 100% certain that there is a god, and that he is watching over us right this very moment", but you must also realize that a true Buddhist feels the same way about reincarnation, and Nirvana. So, unless you are asked for your opinions, try to keep them to yourself.
Brent-tc
New User
New User

Post by iamjman on Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:45 am
([msg=4772]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

Brent-tc wrote:Eh. Here goes.
Personally, I do not believe that we as a people in whole will ever truly know whether or not God exists. Even as individuals we will never be able to completely verify what is or is not real. You could very easily be in a coma, or dreaming right this moment. Maybe I am dreaming as I type this, and I will be the only one to ever read it. Even in death, there will be no proof. Once again, you could just be dreaming/ in a coma. (Not to overuse that thought, but...) And if there is no afterlife, you will be incapable of proving it for obvious reasons... the main one being that you simply won't exist anymore. At least not the part of you that qualifies you as more than just biomass.
Do not force your religion upon others. Stop and think for a minute at how selfish that is; to try and force someone to be who you expect them to be is just ridiculous. And think about it. You as a Christian, or other similar religion may be "absolutely 100% certain that there is a god, and that he is watching over us right this very moment", but you must also realize that a true Buddhist feels the same way about reincarnation, and Nirvana. --------- (((((((So, unless you are asked for your opinions, try to keep them to yourself.)))))))--------

i took out a paragrap from his message because i was going to quote part but im on ps3 right now and it was too long deleting all of it...

the title of the topic is "DOES GOD EXIST".
any response to that is obviously an opinion since there is no "proof" that God does or doesnt exist..
so as you can see everyone has their own oppinions.

not to mention that your first paragraph is an opinion.
iamjman
New User
New User

Post by Brent-tc on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:09 am
([msg=4790]see Re: GOD DOES HE EXIST ???[/msg])

iamjman wrote:
i took out a paragrap from his message because i was going to quote part but im on ps3 right now and it was too long deleting all of it...

the title of the topic is "DOES GOD EXIST".
any response to that is obviously an opinion since there is no "proof" that God does or doesnt exist..
so as you can see everyone has their own oppinions.

not to mention that your first paragraph is an opinion.

I was referring to when some jackass comes up to you on the street and tries to shove their religion down your throat. That part of the post only applies if you are one of those people. maybe this is not a common occurrence? I have had this happen to me numerous times.
Brent-tc
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Religion