Scientology

For discussing religion and related topics.

Scientology

Post by HashHacker on Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:02 am
([msg=37362]see Scientology[/msg])

Hope im not offending any Scientologists here on the forum, but I loled so hard at their religious concepts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology
Go to the ^^^ and read it. It is more unbelievable than Christianity. Ill say again, im not trying to offend anyone, so dont flame me.
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?”
HashHacker
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Scientology

Post by thetan on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:48 am
([msg=37480]see Re: Scientology[/msg])

Scientology is a crack pot religion, like most organized religions are.

The religion i find the most LOLzy (and it is so onpurpose) is the blatant hilarious satirically derived religion known as Pastafarian ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster ), which is awesome because it's a "religion" organized by a bunch of smart witted atheists to highlight the hilarities of most modern religions by typical over emphasis via satire <3
"If art interprets our dreams, the computer executes them in the guise of programs!" - SICP

“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it” - Albert Einstein
thetan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sanddbox on Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:25 pm
([msg=37500]see Re: Scientology[/msg])

thetan wrote:Scientology is a crack pot religion, like most organized religions are.

The religion i find the most LOLzy (and it is so onpurpose) is the blatant hilarious satirically derived religion known as Pastafarian ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster ), which is awesome because it's a "religion" organized by a bunch of smart witted atheists to highlight the hilarities of most modern religions by typical over emphasis via satire <3

I like the irony of your name being 'thetan' and you calling scientology a crack pot religion :P.

I actually respect L. Ron Hubbard. You'd think basing a religion off of a science fiction book and then demanding money for it would be hard, but he pulled it off brilliantly.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by thetan on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:55 pm
([msg=37574]see Re: Scientology[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:I like the irony of your name being 'thetan' and you calling scientology a crack pot religion :P.

As do i :) .
"If art interprets our dreams, the computer executes them in the guise of programs!" - SICP

“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it” - Albert Einstein
thetan
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Religion