humans, demons, angels

For discussing religion and related topics.

Re: humans, demons, angels

Post by Xabyte on Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:41 am
([msg=37726]see Re: humans, demons, angels[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:Actually, in the line above I didn't feel like elaborating.

You want an answer?

It's not disrespectful to express your opinion. It's disrespectful to claim MY opinion is disrespectful because it is different than yours or someone else's.

I agree completely with that,I just want to say that it's disrespectful if you claim that your version of truth is the only one possible.
Xabyte
New User
New User
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: humans, demons, angels

Post by Dredric1 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:51 pm
([msg=37750]see Re: humans, demons, angels[/msg])

Xabyte wrote:
sanddbox wrote:Actually, in the line above I didn't feel like elaborating.

You want an answer?

It's not disrespectful to express your opinion. It's disrespectful to claim MY opinion is disrespectful because it is different than yours or someone else's.

I agree completely with that,I just want to say that it's disrespectful if you claim that your version of truth is the only one possible.



dont get all upset

sanddbox prefers to be blind to religious opinions so he has to poke himself in the eye every once in a while
the code for the void exception between the ear brackets
Code: Select all
public static }void(exception x = new exception(null)){

ok my brackets dont realy look like ears.
if you didnt get that it means there is nothing(no brains) between your ears.
User avatar
Dredric1
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: humans, demons, angels

Post by sanddbox on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:53 pm
([msg=37751]see Re: humans, demons, angels[/msg])

Dredric1 wrote:
Xabyte wrote:
sanddbox wrote:Actually, in the line above I didn't feel like elaborating.

You want an answer?

It's not disrespectful to express your opinion. It's disrespectful to claim MY opinion is disrespectful because it is different than yours or someone else's.

I agree completely with that,I just want to say that it's disrespectful if you claim that your version of truth is the only one possible.



dont get all upset

sanddbox prefers to be blind to religious opinions so he has to poke himself in the eye every once in a while


I'm not blind to your opinion. I simply know that your opinion is wrong.

[Seriously, don't overanalyze this. I realize an opinion is different from a fact.]
Image

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
User avatar
sanddbox
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2337
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: humans, demons, angels

Post by Xabyte on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:09 am
([msg=37761]see Re: humans, demons, angels[/msg])

Dredric1 wrote:dont get all upset
sanddbox prefers to be blind to religious opinions so he has to poke himself in the eye every once in a while

I'm not upset,just saying we should respect other people's opinion,even if we think it's wrong.
Xabyte
New User
New User
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: humans, demons, angels

Post by Vulpine on Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:46 am
([msg=37769]see Re: humans, demons, angels[/msg])

Xabyte wrote:I'm not upset,just saying we should respect other people's opinion,even if we think it's wrong.


Most people would agree that Mengele was wrong. Should we respect his opinions, too?
User avatar
Vulpine
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: humans, demons, angels

Post by NeoAtHTS on Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:13 am
([msg=37772]see Re: humans, demons, angels[/msg])

It all reminds me of a quote I read somewhere:

"Opinion is like an arsehole. Everyone has one and everyone's stinks." :P
Run.
User avatar
NeoAtHTS
Experienced User
Experienced User
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:04 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: humans, demons, angels

Post by Xabyte on Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:49 am
([msg=37777]see Re: humans, demons, angels[/msg])

Vulpine wrote:
Xabyte wrote:I'm not upset,just saying we should respect other people's opinion,even if we think it's wrong.


Most people would agree that Mengele was wrong. Should we respect his opinions, too?

Let me clarify that-we should respect everyone's opinion as long as it's not dangerous to other people or hateful with no reason,like racism.
There is a big difference between killing innocent people and believing in God.
Xabyte
New User
New User
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: humans, demons, angels

Post by Possumdude0 on Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:43 am
([msg=41119]see Re: humans, demons, angels[/msg])

To the OP:

First of all, your keyboard has an enter key, please learn to use it. I'm not meaning to be rude, but breaking things up into paragraphs makes it easier to read.

For you, I have good news and I have other good news.

First, the good news. You're right about Satan. He was an angel at one time. All demons were once angels, actually.

Now, for the good news. You don't become an angel in Heaven. You're still human. Well, maybe not biologically. The body your have now will be dead, and I'm not sure exactly what the new one will look like, or if you'll even have a physical form at all. Don't worry though, your mind will remain intact and just as human as it is now. And I'm almost certain you don't lose your free will.

In fact, I suspect angels also have free will, although I haven't studied much about them.


To the rest of the thread:

I agree completely with that,I just want to say that it's disrespectful if you claim that your version of truth is the only one possible.


Let me clarify that-we should respect everyone's opinion as long as it's not dangerous to other people or hateful with no reason,like racism.


There aren't versions of the truth. There is one objective truth. I totally claim it as mine, too. :D

But even if I'm wrong about what the objective truth is, there is still some objective truth out there. Maybe what sanddbox believes is the objective truth. Maybe Scientology got it right. But you can't sit here and say that what I believe and what sanddbox believes and what Scientologists believe are all true.
Posts on the subjects of religion or morality are from a Christian's perspective

Posts on the subject of programming are from a coder's perspective

Posts on the subject of hacking are from a noob's perspective

Please phrase your responses accordingly
Possumdude0
Experienced User
Experienced User
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 1:50 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Previous

Return to Religion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests