Afterlife

For discussing religion and related topics.

Re: Afterlife

Post by faazshift on Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:04 pm
([msg=34303]see Re: Afterlife[/msg])

StonedCivilian wrote:Dude just so you know your not wasting your time at all....i meditate on this thought often...

Good to know!

StonedCivilian wrote:What are your thoughts about marijuana? I'm not going to stop...Am I going to hell?

You certainly won't go to hell. The reason my church teaches against substance addictions, such as drugs and alcohol, is because it can destroy relationships, harm the body, create unnecessary dependence on a substance, weaken senses, take away choice, and sometimes even take lives. I personally don't do drugs and have never taken any except caffeine (via soda) before I made the personal choice to give even that up. Anyway, im not going to say you must stop, but I am much happier without those things.
faazshift
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by StonedCivilian on Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:02 pm
([msg=34306]see Re: Afterlife[/msg])

You didn't really answer my question about hell...its fine.

What does it mean there are 2 parts of hell?

I just thought of another question.

People have different lifes. Some people have a hard life some have an easy life (Everyone has problems, but some have less). Do you think God would be understanding why some people turn out wicked?

Example -

As a kid having a divorced family. Seeing your family fight that was terrifying for a 10 year old. Your sister and brother turning to alcohol and drugs and your Dad turning his back on God. I know people have worse lives, but some of the things I've gone through made me numb to morals. I believe in loving other people, but the God that always has a smile on his face is hard for some people like me to see.

I was a baptized christian...mainly b.c my mom went to church since ive been born and she sent me to a private christian high school so it was everywhere in my life.

Time got hard for me again. I prayed countless nights on the floor for God to help...comfort me and help me w my belief. Nothing changed...days kept getting worse and I blamed myself for doing something wrong for God not to answer me. It's been months since I tried praying. My actions such as smoking weed is a must to help me release my mind from troubles...I've cursed God even if I was doing something wrong before its prob too late. If religion is true...Sometimes I wish I could die tell God I'm sorry and be on my way to hell.

As if saying I'm sorry I felt I did everything I could do to find you.

Also doesn't the bible say there is some things you can do for God to turn his back on you.
StonedCivilian
New User
New User

Post by Etelerix on Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:06 pm
([msg=34348]see Re: Afterlife[/msg])

faazshift wrote:First off, I have seen an exceedingly large accumulation of archeological evidence supporting the events of the Bible and the existence of Jesus Christ.

You're kidding right?

If you're serious, please do provide links...
Etelerix
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by sanddbox on Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:49 pm
([msg=34349]see Re: Afterlife[/msg])

StonedCivilian wrote: I would put myself in the open minded category(Science doesn't have an answer which makes me believe religion might be right since so many people actually believe it)...

Obviously because science doesn't claim to have an answer to how the universe started (and religion does), science is false.

In addition, if a bunch of people believe something, I should too! Owait...that's how the holocaust happened...

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by thetan on Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:42 pm
([msg=34351]see Re: Afterlife[/msg])

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 743189197# <<<< Zeitgeist Movement!!!!! <3<3<3

ADD:
Ok, watch that video and you'll be like this: O_O
but watch the whole thing for what it is, it's good shit i promise <3
"If art interprets our dreams, the computer executes them in the guise of programs!" - SICP

“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it” - Albert Einstein
thetan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by faazshift on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:25 pm
([msg=34356]see Re: Afterlife[/msg])

StonedCivilian wrote:You didn't really answer my question about hell...its fine.

What does it mean there are 2 parts of hell?

Not two parts... two meanings. The word hell is often in the scriptures to mean either the residing place of the devil (outside of heaven), or the lowest degree of glory (yet still a glorious part of heaven). Sorry if I wasn't clear earlier.

StonedCivilian wrote:People have different lifes. Some people have a hard life some have an easy life (Everyone has problems, but some have less). Do you think God would be understanding why some people turn out wicked?

Example -

As a kid having a divorced family. Seeing your family fight that was terrifying for a 10 year old. Your sister and brother turning to alcohol and drugs and your Dad turning his back on God. I know people have worse lives, but some of the things I've gone through made me numb to morals. I believe in loving other people, but the God that always has a smile on his face is hard for some people like me to see.

I was a baptized christian...mainly b.c my mom went to church since ive been born and she sent me to a private christian high school so it was everywhere in my life.

Time got hard for me again. I prayed countless nights on the floor for God to help...comfort me and help me w my belief. Nothing changed...days kept getting worse and I blamed myself for doing something wrong for God not to answer me. It's been months since I tried praying. My actions such as smoking weed is a must to help me release my mind from troubles...I've cursed God even if I was doing something wrong before its prob too late. If religion is true...Sometimes I wish I could die tell God I'm sorry and be on my way to hell.

As if saying I'm sorry I felt I did everything I could do to find you.

Also doesn't the bible say there is some things you can do for God to turn his back on you.

I certainly don't thing Heavenly Father is smiling about his childrens wickedness. I believe it saddens him greatly. In regards to tough situations, I find D&C 122 quite comforting. Those who endure their given trials well will be blessed abundantly, whether in this life or the next. As I have come to understand it, God never turns his back on man, but rather man turns his back on God.
faazshift
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sanddbox on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:33 pm
([msg=34358]see Re: Afterlife[/msg])

StonedCivilian -

True or not, sob stories have no credibility in this argument. Every single Atheism vs Religion thread is full of them, and they don't make an argument any more true.

What DOES make an argument hold water is real evidence (possibly supplemented with opinions).

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by faazshift on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:36 pm
([msg=34360]see Re: Afterlife[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:Obviously because science doesn't claim to have an answer to how the universe started (and religion does), science is false.

No christian faith that I know of has a doctrinal claim about how the universe started. The creation of the earth, on the other hand, christian scripture does address. As I believe it and have seen it abundantly, religion (at least in my experience) agrees with science (though neither has ALL the answers).

sanddbox wrote:In addition, if a bunch of people believe something, I should too! Owait...that's how the holocaust happened...

Not at all. You should never believe in something just because others do. Thats why I am always seeking out true answers to things (technical, medical, etc). I never just believed my religion because others did. I studied and prayed about it thoroughly and have gained a strong witness as to its truth. The holocaust was largely governmental imposition (hitler used legal channels to organize and execute his agenda). Thus, I don't believe that statement has much merit.
faazshift
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sanddbox on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:41 pm
([msg=34361]see Re: Afterlife[/msg])

faazshift wrote:I never just believed my religion because others did.

And I commend you for that (however irrational your reasoning for believing it :P). That comment was directed at stonedcivilian.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by StonedCivilian on Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:09 am
([msg=34371]see Re: Afterlife[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:
faazshift wrote:I never just believed my religion because others did.

And I commend you for that (however irrational your reasoning for believing it :P). That comment was directed at stonedcivilian.

Wtf are you talking about...I never said God is for sure i just said i will never say God is not an option.

To be honest my parents make a big deal about it. If that doesn't make sense to you I dont give a shit.

Also not a sob story but saying it doesn't make sense...Why would God throw what he creates in the lake of fire? That seems wiked to me lol. If life is a test why does everyone get different test?

I smoked some blue dream, silver haze, and lavender purp tonight...But that still seems messed up.

-- Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:21 am --

faazshift wrote:God never turns his back on man, but rather man turns his back on God.

Sending someone to a lake of fire sounds like turning his back to me...Key word Never...please explain :mrgreen:
StonedCivilian
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Religion