sins

For discussing religion and related topics.

What religion are you?

Protestant
33%
Catholic
No votes
Judaism
17%
Islam
No votes
Agnostic
33%
Wiccan/Pagan/Druid
No votes
New Age
No votes
Buddhism
No votes
Mormon
No votes
Seventh Day Adventist
17%

Total votes : 6

sins

Post by Dredric1 on Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:41 pm
([msg=26437]see sins[/msg])

you know wat we're missing in the religion section?
a topic on sinning
so i made one

lets discuss why a sin is a sin
how to know if you are sinning
and such

i would ask everyone to please be open minded and treat everyone's posts as if they could be correct.

----------------------------------------------------------
my ideas
----------------------------------------------------------
1.sins are things that harm others
2. sins are things that harm you , and
3. sins are things that harm God
the code for the void exception between the ear brackets
Code: Select all
public static }void(exception x = new exception(null)){

ok my brackets dont realy look like ears.
if you didnt get that it means there is nothing(no brains) between your ears.
Dredric1
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: sins

Post by sanddbox on Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:50 pm
([msg=26441]see Re: sins[/msg])

Sins cannot harm God because (I'm talking as if god were real. I personally don't believe in him/her/it, but you get the point) god is omnipotent and all powerful and whatnot. You're better off not sinning so that you won't get sent to hell.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by godofcereal on Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:27 am
([msg=26447]see Re: sins[/msg])

I dont believe in god. If you follow the word of the holy scripts then you are grand. If you dont you can go to confesion and be forgiven. Thats what I say for all religions.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by IncandescentLight on Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:36 am
([msg=26448]see Re: sins[/msg])

I'm a freethinker, and I don't really believe in sins or any of that sort. I support the 'right' and 'wrong' of a process, without the ramfictions of a religion. :)
Speak softly and carry a big stick -Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.rhetoricalcatch.blogspot.com
IncandescentLight
Poster
Poster

Post by Spectre557 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:26 am
([msg=26452]see Re: sins[/msg])

As far as 90% of religion goes, if it's fun, you're going to hell for doing too much of it. Or even a little bit of it.

Oh, and where's the option "None of the above"?
Current obsession: Minecraft
Spectre557
Poster
Poster

Post by Schiz0id on Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:28 am
([msg=26453]see Re: sins[/msg])

Spectre557 wrote:As far as 90% of religion goes, if it's fun, you're going to hell for doing too much of it. Or even a little bit of it.

Oh, and where's the option "None of the above"?

Word.

There is no god. So therefore "sin" is something that man came up with. However I do believe in morals, and right and wrong.. but I wouldn't label that as sinning against a god. It's up to us to figure out what's right and wrong.
Schiz0id
New User
New User

Post by insomaniacal on Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:50 am
([msg=26454]see Re: sins[/msg])

Sinning only applies to a few of the major world religions. You can't really "sin" if you are a pagan. Just like morals, sin is something made up by humans. However, I'd classify anything that brings harm to others as "sinning", even though I am an atheist, and believe in no God.
It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes
insomaniacal.blog.com
insomaniacal
Addict
Addict

Post by Dredric1 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:44 pm
([msg=26471]see Re: sins[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:Sins cannot harm God because (I'm talking as if god were real. I personally don't believe in him/her/it, but you get the point) god is omnipotent and all powerful and whatnot. You're better off not sinning so that you won't get sent to hell.

well maybe i should have put it different
but people have dont things just to anger God
and those things dont directly hurt themselfs
the code for the void exception between the ear brackets
Code: Select all
public static }void(exception x = new exception(null)){

ok my brackets dont realy look like ears.
if you didnt get that it means there is nothing(no brains) between your ears.
Dredric1
Poster
Poster

Post by Defience on Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:34 pm
([msg=26473]see Re: sins[/msg])

I think the choices need to be changed. I'm a Christian but I'm not Protestant or Catholic. Those are denominations of Christianity as are Baptist, Methodist, etc. I was baptized in a Presbyterian church but these days I attend a non-denominational church.
Sin? The willful disobedience of God's laws.

In Christianity, sinning doesn't send you to hell....not believing in God and Jesus do. Sins are forgivable, it's a matter of recognizing them and letting God know, that you know, what you did was wrong. Once you become a Christian, sins can simply distance you from God but can not take away your salvation, that sacrifice on the cross was a one-time deal and is valid forever, but the goal is to increase your walk with God by distancing yourself from sin. Sins ARE man made, namely by Adam & Eve. They willfully disobeyed God.

Spectre557: can you provide some examples of the 'fun' that you're referring to?
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by The7thGuest on Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:37 am
([msg=26492]see Re: sins[/msg])

Defience wrote:I think the choices need to be changed. I'm a Christian but I'm not Protestant or Catholic. Those are denominations of Christianity as are Baptist, Methodist, etc. I was baptized in a Presbyterian church but these days I attend a non-denominational church.
Sin? The willful disobedience of God's laws.

In Christianity, sinning doesn't send you to hell....not believing in God and Jesus do. Sins are forgivable, it's a matter of recognizing them and letting God know, that you know, what you did was wrong. Once you become a Christian, sins can simply distance you from God but can not take away your salvation, that sacrifice on the cross was a one-time deal and is valid forever, but the goal is to increase your walk with God by distancing yourself from sin. Sins ARE man made, namely by Adam & Eve. They willfully disobeyed God.

Spectre557: can you provide some examples of the 'fun' that you're referring to?

I agree totally, I am also a Christian, but not one of the denominations mentioned, in fact, I doubt there is one any one can add which is 100% accurate on what I believe, but yes, I do consider myself a Christian, Jesus was on earth, undisputed fact, Jesus was crucified, undisputed fact, his disciples were being killed, yet still they spread the word, fact. Was Jesus truly the Son of God? That's not a fact, but I for one, do believe it to be true.
The7thGuest
Experienced User
Experienced User

Next

Return to Religion