I'm misunderstanding something.

For discussing religion and related topics.

I'm misunderstanding something.

Post by Finarfin Palantir on Fri May 22, 2009 7:52 am
([msg=24176]see I'm misunderstanding something.[/msg])

Hi Guys!

I'm struggling with a specific concept, the conecpt of being a satanist.

Now please, if you don't know the difference between a satanist and a atheists, don't even bother posting here, atheism is probably the most logical thing I've heard in decades, (coming from a Christian) I'm not saying I agree, only that it does make sense, I can understand the concept, honestly, I think that anyone who can understand Christianity MUST be able to understand atheism, I've taken a long hard look at that road (Atheism)

But I cannot for the life of me understand satanism? I don't mean what they do or the picture the christian media paints of them, I mean the basic chain of thought that leads you to satanism and deciding to become a satanist? I was hoping someone could somehow explain the chain of thought to me?
Finarfin Palantir
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: I'm misunderstanding something.

Post by mischief on Fri May 22, 2009 8:06 am
([msg=24177]see Re: I'm misunderstanding something.[/msg])

maybe you better specify which concept(s) of satanism you are speaking of. there is more than one you know. :)
The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.
--Buddha
mischief
Poster
Poster

Post by Finarfin Palantir on Fri May 22, 2009 8:10 am
([msg=24178]see Re: I'm misunderstanding something.[/msg])

Well tbh, any of them, my basic concept of satanism is, as mentioned what I read in christian media, which is probably as accurate as the the UN's report on people who have AIDS.

The basic concept which I really struggle with is accepting that God created the Devil (correct me if I'm wrong but it's my understanding that they do believe this) and then choose the Devil's as their deity?

This is exactly why I titled to post as misunderstanding, I do believe I have a massive misconecption on what satanism really is, but luckily, I am not too ignorant to realise or admit it :)
Finarfin Palantir
New User
New User

Post by mischief on Fri May 22, 2009 8:34 am
([msg=24180]see Re: I'm misunderstanding something.[/msg])

LaVeyan satanism is much different, and has nothing to do with the concept of the christian god or devil (or any other deity for that matter).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism

edit: if you'd like a copy of the LaVeyan Satanic Bible, i can link you a copy.
The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.
--Buddha
mischief
Poster
Poster

Post by Finarfin Palantir on Fri May 22, 2009 8:57 am
([msg=24182]see Re: I'm misunderstanding something.[/msg])

Thanks, let me see if I get my around this first.

Edit: Read it, do understand the logical chain of thought now, thanks, although I must openly admit that I, personally, do not agree with it.
Finarfin Palantir
New User
New User

Post by Dredric1 on Sat May 30, 2009 5:09 pm
([msg=24644]see Re: I'm misunderstanding something.[/msg])

well first GOD created the devil who was called lucifer
lucifer was perfect when he was created
he was created to be good and not evil but
he decide that he wanted to exalt himself to be greater
than GOD and so GOD threw him out of heaven
and down to earth
the earth was perfect too but satan decieved the
inhabitants of the earth into doing sin
so they also fell

sort of a tragic story but it gets worse

satan has been at work to decieve the world into doing evil
and the people who have done the worst and are closest to satan
have a surprising trend this trend is to deny the existance of
GOD and satan but to keep the principles that satan wants
people to live by

except for athiesm
athiesm denies the existance of GOD and satan but most dont live by the principles of satan

the reason why satan would not like to be known of or counted as an existant being is because
if a group were to claim that he existed than it may scare average people into looking for GOD
for pretection
the code for the void exception between the ear brackets
Code: Select all
public static }void(exception x = new exception(null)){

ok my brackets dont realy look like ears.
if you didnt get that it means there is nothing(no brains) between your ears.
Dredric1
Poster
Poster

Post by insomaniacal on Sat May 30, 2009 9:53 pm
([msg=24654]see Re: I'm misunderstanding something.[/msg])

It really depends.

There are groups like the MLO (Misanthropic Luciferiean Organization ) which are basically a pagan extremist group.
Then there are groups like Levayen Satanism, which is basically a purely ideological group based on some theories written by Anton Le'vay.

Then, theres about a million in between, and probably several more "extreme" ones. Generally however, Satanism either falls into ideologically-based groups, that are somewhat similar to a form of atheism with an emphasis on the power of the "self".

The other group is the more traditional pagan style groups, which are in no way devil worshipers per-se, but try to revive ancient traditions (oftentimes Slavonic or Nordic in roots) . Some of these groups branch away into being "anti cosmic" which basically means they "fight" for the total destruction of the universe and in the power of Chaos.

--This is a really lose view on the topic, but I remember being really interested in this stuff, so I read up a lot on it.

BTW, NEVER believe what a religious person tells you about another religion. It is almost always biased and totally false. Unless said person is part of an "indiffenerentist" group.
It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes
insomaniacal.blog.com
insomaniacal
Addict
Addict

Post by Finarfin Palantir on Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:54 am
([msg=24704]see Re: I'm misunderstanding something.[/msg])

Thanks guys,

I agree that the picture painted to me by other religious people are in no way even close to accurate. That's exactly why I asked here, don't get me wrong, I do not wish to change my religious view, but I do wish to understand it. Way too many people disregard knowledge simply because they do not agree with it. I find that rather sad. In my opinion I need to understand something BEFORE I agree or disagree to it, which is exactly why I posted for it.

Thanks again to everyone who contributed.

Regards
FP
Finarfin Palantir
New User
New User

Post by Goatboy on Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:00 pm
([msg=28702]see Re: I'm misunderstanding something.[/msg])

To LaVey, Satanism was all about self-indulgence. Your own needs come before the needs of others. Now, there are passages about curses, but in their basic form, they are just about positive thinking and exploiting human nature (social engineering).
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Return to Religion