Hatred for organized religion.

For discussing religion and related topics.

Re: Hatred for organized religion.

Post by Finarfin Palantir on Mon May 25, 2009 2:18 am
([msg=24332]see Re: Hatred for organized religion.[/msg])

Not allowing the United States to change the ways that clearly aren't working so well is detrimental in my opinion.

The United States? I might simply be ranting at this because I am not American and if that is the case I do apologise, but have you taken a look at the world recently? The problem you've identified here is much much bigger than just the United States? How recently have you visited Afghanistan? Iran? Korea? Libya? Nigeria? Ireland? These countries are facing a lot of the same problems, fearing change is a really bad idea, the only thing that is ever constant is change.

Well your speaking from a viewpoint that such a thing as a supreme being exists

Uhm, I might actually become the most hated person around for saying this, but I am not here for a populatity contest so I'm going to say it anyway: A supreme being DOES exist.
People have found different names for this, I am not one to quibble about terminology, the basic concept stays the same, this world, our world, hasn't been here forever, that's a well established fact. Something, call it what you will, is the cause for this creation and until someone can create a world suited for life, like this one, I'm going to call the being/essense/force a supreme one. (Heck, this might even be called Nature by some) Point being, it DOES exist.

The basic argument here is that the world has a starting point on a timeline, I do believe the big bang theory, nothing exploded and became everything, evolution helped shaped it to what we have today, but for that nothing to explode into something, there must have been an external factor, even if this external factor is E.T.

So basing all of our choices on this invisible magician in the sky is ridiculous. That really isn't even a matter of opinion, it's true

Actually that is an opinion. I'm not saying your wrong, but that definitely isn't a fact. Unless you've found a way to prove it, in which case I'll retract this statement.

Bush said "God" was apart of his foreign policy and look how that turned out? I guess my hatred is based on religion in general. Because there are so many, and they all believe they are the correct one

So is your argument with Bush or with God? Change your viewpoint, just for arguments sake: IF God does exist, would he support Bush's decisions?

This is exactly where the split comes between hating religious institutions and hating religion. I also have a hatred for these institutions, but do not confuse the difference.
Finarfin Palantir
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hatred for organized religion.

Post by zenithSmil3 on Mon May 25, 2009 4:35 am
([msg=24333]see Re: Hatred for organized religion.[/msg])

Well your speaking from a viewpoint that such a thing as a supreme being exists.

I'm not. I don't believe in God for one thing.(i disagree with Finarfin Palantir in this aspect) But whether he exists or not that argument can still be used. People who believe in him believe he does exist and so, he does and your argument is with the people who believe in him rather than God himself. As for the bible, people believe it to be founded on God. That means, what is in the bible is founded on God. A lot of thing exists because of simple belief.

I could have faith in Santa Clause although we both know he isn't real.

No.. YOU think he isn't real... LIES all LIES!

Bush said "God" was apart of his foreign policy and look how that turned out?

Some people like Bush by the way. But I'm not American. I'm Chinese. And Bush placed God as part of his foreign policy as the way he interpreted it. He could have said that to gain popularity amongst the people. Lots of people use religion as that excuse. However, that was his interpretation of God as I'm pretty sure there is something in the bible Though shalt not kill.

I guess my hatred is based on religion in general. Because there are so many, and they all believe they are the correct one.

All religion is the same. They all preach the same thing so it doesn't matter whether they believe they are the right one or not. It's not like there is a religion that says: go out and kill people... steal... cheat on your spouse...

And, I have solid proof that my religion is the correct one. (Tablelism) Well more than other religions anyway...

So basing all of our choices on this invisible magician in the sky is ridiculous.

Bit insensitive but whatever... the invisible magician in the sky believes in doing good so basing your choice on him isn't exactly a bad thing.

This is exactly where the split comes between hating religious institutions and hating religion. I also have a hatred for these institutions, but do not confuse the difference.

To answer the other guy: I don't mind religious institutions because they aren't exactly all bad
Meh.
zenithSmil3
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Religion