is there a god?

For discussing religion and related topics.

Re: is there a god?

Post by Heath Winchester on Tue May 19, 2009 6:40 pm
([msg=23967]see Re: is there a god?[/msg])

I would argue the prayer part as that is completely unobservable or understood. Something like Prayer is the same deal as trying to prove/disprove God. It can't be done. Plenty of theories can come out of it and logical explanations but it can never be fact.

I tend to like the theory that there is some sort of supernatural being out there. Not necessarily the God as religions would see it but I do not disregard that something like that could've used Evolution as means to create life. WE would be expected to discover it.
I don't need my parents anymore. Google answers all my questions now.

"Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong."-Oscar Wilde
Heath Winchester
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by godofcereal on Wed May 20, 2009 1:45 am
([msg=23977]see Re: is there a god?[/msg])

The real question is why do people keep making is god real threads? Just accept that people have different views on religeon and who are you to question them? Just let this shit die already.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by neocontra on Wed May 20, 2009 2:10 am
([msg=23978]see Re: is there a god?[/msg])

This question can only be answered by the person asking it. If you believe there is a god, then there is, if not, then there isn't.

You can't ask others to answer your questions for you, and there's no point in posting these threads, cause no one can prove, or disprove the existence of god. That's why there's faith.

and I agree with godofcereal on this one.
neocontra
New User
New User

Post by IncandescentLight on Wed May 20, 2009 3:55 am
([msg=23985]see Re: is there a god?[/msg])

Religion has cracked the unison of the people, and today there is a false hope of "Spread the Faith of God." There is little respect for one another's religion nowadays. I am a free thinker, and I always get questions like "Believe in God or else you're going to Hell." and such. There's a Muslim boy in my class who gets called "Muhammad Pork" everyday. There is a sense of "preparation" of a "crusade", as they keep telling that your faith will be tested, you must be ready. This is all hogwash. I have even heard of priests making religionist comments.

To me, religion is getting too extreme.
Speak softly and carry a big stick -Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.rhetoricalcatch.blogspot.com
IncandescentLight
Poster
Poster

Post by Spectre557 on Wed May 20, 2009 10:08 am
([msg=24006]see Re: is there a god?[/msg])

godofcereal wrote:The real question is why do people keep making is god real threads? Just accept that people have different views on religeon and who are you to question them? Just let this shit die already.

As far as I'm concerned, this is an important topic to debate, seeing as IMO religion has an extremely detrimental effect on humanity as a whole. I feel genuinely concerned at just how many people so willingly surrender their basic freedoms.
Current obsession: Minecraft
Spectre557
Poster
Poster

Post by zenithSmil3 on Wed May 20, 2009 10:30 am
([msg=24009]see Re: is there a god?[/msg])

Spectre557 wrote:
godofcereal wrote:The real question is why do people keep making is god real threads? Just accept that people have different views on religeon and who are you to question them? Just let this shit die already.

As far as I'm concerned, this is an important topic to debate, seeing as IMO religion has an extremely detrimental effect on humanity as a whole. I feel genuinely concerned at just how many people so willingly surrender their basic freedoms.

I think there are quite a bit of thread repeats... kinda

Example:

The :God logic)

Proof that God does/doesn't exist.

Do you guys/girls beleve in god?

GOD DOES HE EXIST ???

And of course, this one.
Meh.
zenithSmil3
Poster
Poster

Post by godofcereal on Wed May 20, 2009 10:35 am
([msg=24010]see Re: is there a god?[/msg])

If I had €1 for every God related thread where 2+ people on it were fighting I would be a rich man.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

godofcereal

godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by zenithSmil3 on Wed May 20, 2009 10:44 am
([msg=24011]see Re: is there a god?[/msg])

€10?

Unless other websites are included...
Meh.
zenithSmil3
Poster
Poster

Post by Heath Winchester on Wed May 20, 2009 11:12 am
([msg=24014]see Re: is there a god?[/msg])

I agree that debating the existence of God is futile. I however as a few others were not debating his existence. If you look back on the last 5 or so posts you'll see this. As far as I was concerned it we were hypothetically discussing that if God created us then he must have meant us to use our brains. That is all. I try to avoid black and white discussions of God's existence as I quoted here.
I would argue the prayer part as that is completely unobservable or understood. Something like Prayer is the same deal as trying to prove/disprove God. It can't be done. Plenty of theories can come out of it and logical explanations but it can never be fact.

There was also no real fighting just simple discussion and there's nothing wrong with that.
I don't need my parents anymore. Google answers all my questions now.

"Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong."-Oscar Wilde
Heath Winchester
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by godofcereal on Wed May 20, 2009 11:17 am
([msg=24017]see Re: is there a god?[/msg])

zenithSmil3 wrote:€10?

Unless other websites are included...

Well I would have enough to get credit for my phone to bitch at people...
Look the thing is that for some reason people seem to like fighting over a belief in something, which if you think about it is pretty sad.

godofcereal

godofcereal
Addict
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Religion