Replace the horrid Java WebIRC client we've got at https://www.hackthissite.org/pages/irc/irc.php
There are much better clients than there were when this was first added.
QWebIRC - http://qwebirc.org/
Iris - https://github.com/atheme/iris
Those are the main clients that are in-use today and the vast majority of people have replaced the java and cgi ones with these.
They're both basically the same, Iris being a fork of QWebIRC with integration with the Atheme services package.
Also on the subject of IRC, the idlerpg-related stuff needs a bit of love.
- Wipe current stats since it's inactive and the bot isn't even running
- Re-setup the bot
- Restyle the idlerpg page to be more in line with the HTS main page. Follow the HTS skins, etc.
- Create a community-supported project with the aim of rewriting the current perl idlerpg bot because it's a horrid piece of shit. IIRC it was 1,500 - 2,000 lines with minimal commenting.
- Create basic site to display top x amount of users + the 'game map'
- Remove idlerpg all together, nobody uses it anyway.
Edit 2 ::
Also the IRC-related missions are a bit derpy in my opinion. One of them for example has to do with a DCC exploit that has been patched for like 10 years.
Edit 3 ::
I don't think the IRC stats page is actually updating. I spammed it once several years ago and I'm still ranked in the top 10. Silent-Shadow has been missing for years and he's still ranked #2. This page can probably be removed entirely and possibly replaced with some of the Atheme-related stats stuff if this network ever does switch to Atheme.
Also when on http://www.irc.hackthissite.org
, clicking the 'irc stats' button will give you a bad referrer error.