Grump .... stuck ... whine

900 billion dollars were spent on guns this year! Now rumours are spreading that seculas Ltd. is developing an awful laser aided weapon, and that they already have patents pending. Please try to find out what their latest patents are about.

Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine

Post by Defience on Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:58 am
([msg=21764]see Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine[/msg])

Based on chkuserpass C code.
User avatar
Defience
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 1275
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine

Post by Chessnut on Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:20 am
([msg=22045]see Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine[/msg])

I've compressed the file into the correct format and the correct size, but when I try to run pkcrack, I get the message "Sorry, not enough memory available", despite having well over 1gb memory free.

Does anyone know why this would be happening? I've read the pkcrack documentation and Googled, and I can't find any explanation of the problem.

I've also tried numerous restarts and even tried it in safe mode.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Chessnut
New User
New User
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine

Post by scraze on Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:59 am
([msg=22149]see Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine[/msg])

Ehh.. sounds very weird. I assume you've checked your disk space too..

Maybe download a Ubuntu (or other linux distro) Live cd and boot it, sounds easier ;D
scraze
New User
New User
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:30 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine

Post by Chessnut on Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:25 pm
([msg=22158]see Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine[/msg])

scraze wrote:Ehh.. sounds very weird. I assume you've checked your disk space too..

Maybe download a Ubuntu (or other linux distro) Live cd and boot it, sounds easier ;D


yeah, no problem with disk space either - provided 44gb free is enough ;)

i guess i'll have to use your suggestion unless anyone else has any ideas - seems a little extreme though!

thanks :D
Chessnut
New User
New User
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine

Post by Defience on Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:16 pm
([msg=22161]see Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine[/msg])

Are you sure you didn't download a virus? I'd sweep the system first.
User avatar
Defience
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 1275
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine

Post by Chessnut on Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:38 pm
([msg=22173]see Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine[/msg])

Defience wrote:Are you sure you didn't download a virus? I'd sweep the system first.


nope, no viruses. i've just done a full scan to make sure :|

EDIT: Thanks for the advice, scraze. Used Ubuntu Live CD and everything worked fine. Not quite sure why it wouldn't work the first time, but ah well - cracked now! :D
Chessnut
New User
New User
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine

Post by Defience on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:45 am
([msg=22226]see Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine[/msg])

Chessnut wrote:
Defience wrote:Are you sure you didn't download a virus? I'd sweep the system first.


nope, no viruses. i've just done a full scan to make sure :|

EDIT: Thanks for the advice, scraze. Used Ubuntu Live CD and everything worked fine. Not quite sure why it wouldn't work the first time, but ah well - cracked now! :D



That's interesting...at least if someone else runs in to the same problem they can try that method as well.
User avatar
Defience
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 1275
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine

Post by Izekieal on Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:13 am
([msg=22409]see Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine[/msg])

I'm having trouble with this mission. I've gotten all the way to the m***u**.php and m****o*.php part. I've created my own htm form to post to m***u**.php and sometimes I get a blank page.. but no session. When I alter the login info I get the wrong username/password error.. so I must be submitting the correct info.. It's just not giving me a session. Is there something I'm missing?

Here's the form I'm using. (edited for content of course)

Code: Select all
<form action="http://hts/i*******_m******s/m***u**.php" method="POST">
<input name="m**_*******d" value="S*** *****," type=text>
<input name="m**_*******e"
value="admin" type=text>
<input name="filename" value="../../i****.htm" type=text>
<input type="submit" value="send">
</form>


Any help would be appreciated.
Izekieal
New User
New User
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:45 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine

Post by mjphack on Sun May 10, 2009 12:27 pm
([msg=23522]see Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine[/msg])

Managed most of the mission accept buffer overflow part.
After reading the article I have tryed what it says, typing in 200 - 250 of the character
which i believe to be correct yet to no avail. Could someone please check if i'm doing this right
so I can complete this misson.

Thanks in Advance
mjphack
New User
New User
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:54 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine

Post by Defience on Mon May 11, 2009 11:30 am
([msg=23564]see Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine[/msg])

mjphack wrote:Managed most of the mission accept buffer overflow part.
After reading the article I have tryed what it says, typing in 200 - 250 of the character
which i believe to be correct yet to no avail. Could someone please check if i'm doing this right
so I can complete this misson.

Thanks in Advance


Well, I just checked and the mission is working so I'm not really sure what else to tell you unless what you are entering isn't the correct character (make sure it's in CAPS).

-- Mon May 11, 2009 12:05 pm --

Izekieal wrote:I'm having trouble with this mission. I've gotten all the way to the m***u**.php and m****o*.php part. I've created my own htm form to post to m***u**.php and sometimes I get a blank page.. but no session. When I alter the login info I get the wrong username/password error.. so I must be submitting the correct info.. It's just not giving me a session. Is there something I'm missing?

Here's the form I'm using. (edited for content of course)

Code: Select all
<form action="http://hts/i*******_m******s/m***u**.php" method="POST">
<input name="m**_*******d" value="S*** *****," type=text>
<input name="m**_*******e"
value="admin" type=text>
<input name="filename" value="../../i****.htm" type=text>
<input type="submit" value="send">
</form>


Any help would be appreciated.


Your 'form action' isn't correct. Keep in mind that what you have there will get added to the end of the url when it's executed so if you're at http://hts/missions/blah when you ran that, it will become:
http://hts/missions/blah/http://hts/i** ... ***u**.php
and that path isn't going to work so make a necessary adjustment and it should be fine.
User avatar
Defience
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 1275
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


PreviousNext

Return to (Real 15) seculas Ltd.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests