Grump .... stuck ... whine

900 billion dollars were spent on guns this year! Now rumours are spreading that seculas Ltd. is developing an awful laser aided weapon, and that they already have patents pending. Please try to find out what their latest patents are about.

Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine

Post by sanddbox on Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:33 pm
([msg=40575]see Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine[/msg])

msbachman wrote:Why do people keep insisting on necessitating the compression results in a file size of 1245 bytes?? It needn't be this at all. I decrypted it with a file size (zipped) of 1361 bytes.

That had me confused for a few good hours. Hopefully noone else gets trolled like I did on this by people who don't know what they're talking about.

I did :P

I still have the out of memory error, though.

I think the file used to be a different size, so if it was compressed correctly it would be 1245 bytes.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by msbachman on Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:39 pm
([msg=40576]see Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:I'm getting the same "Sorry...out of memory" problem that other user was getting. What do?

That's almost certainly not due to pkcrack. the documentation says it can make do with 16MB of memory (and probably less). 16! And 33 of virtual.

I'd do a google search for that error alone.

-- Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:40 pm --

And I'll write back if I find anything out. Family guy's on atm, so....Later! *zoom*
"I'm going to get into your sister. I'm going to get my hands on your daughter."
~Gatito
msbachman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by FunctionCreep on Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:46 am
([msg=40587]see Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:I did

I still have the out of memory error, though.

I think the file used to be a different size, so if it was compressed correctly it would be 1245 bytes.

It is true that if compressed correctly the file has an exact size of 1245 bytes (i tried it out myself :P). I don't know/haven't tested if it works with a different size but I don't see a reason why it would HAVE to be 1245 bytes though.

sanddbox wrote:I'm getting the same "Sorry...out of memory" problem that other user was getting. What do?

I had the same exact problems under windows 7. Running it with administrator privileges didn't seem to make a difference. I was only able to use pkcrack under linux. It seems that memory management isn't correctly integrated for the windows binaries.

I'm also at the last part of this mission but I am doing something wrong. Even though I have the root login password cracked (to an actual word ;) ) it still logs me in as a different user. This means I cannot locate a necessary file to go on, but I cannot do anything other than an ls. According to shell.php source that shouldn't be the case. I've been going at this mission off & on for 2 weeks + :P. It is a bit silly, and far from realistic but I just hate that I can't complete it.
"I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free." ~ Nikos Kazantzakis
FunctionCreep
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by msbachman on Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:21 pm
([msg=40845]see Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine[/msg])

[edit: spoiler]

Finally got this. Miracles all up in this bitch.

-- Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:34 pm --

FunctionCreep wrote:I'm also at the last part of this mission but I am doing something wrong. Even though I have the root login password cracked (to an actual word ;) ) it still logs me in as a different user.

Who does it say you're logged in as?

Also, how did you go about breaking the double-MD5? (PM me that, saying it will probably be too spoilerish) Did you code your own program for that?
"I'm going to get into your sister. I'm going to get my hands on your daughter."
~Gatito
msbachman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ___BARBARIAN___ on Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:43 am
([msg=41016]see Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine[/msg])

Hey Plz Help I am at popup login page.....as tutorial says use f***E***l ,,I used but but geting Access Denied ..
yeh a veriable also printed...but what should I do now?
PLLLLLLLLLLLLL zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help

-- Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:51 pm --

___BARBARIAN___ wrote:Hey Plz Help I am at popup login page.....as tutorial says use f***E***l ,,I used but but geting Access Denied ..

Got hash and cracked ...I am now at 2nd login page.......but stuck on buffer overflow............anyone can help me specific way.
___BARBARIAN___
New User
New User

Post by FunctionCreep on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:26 am
([msg=41291]see Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine[/msg])

Btw, I tested out pkcrack under Windows XP SP3 and worked as it should.

Maybe a Win 7 bug?
"I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free." ~ Nikos Kazantzakis
FunctionCreep
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by thewhiteberry on Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:53 am
([msg=41488]see Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine[/msg])

Lol so based on most of the posts, the Mods aren't going to help. Using Pkcrack in linux seems like the only workaround the memory buffer issue. Unless anyone can post a fix for Windows 7/Vista. :lol:
thewhiteberry
New User
New User

Post by msbachman on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:17 pm
([msg=41513]see Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine[/msg])

thewhiteberry wrote:Lol so based on most of the posts, the Mods aren't going to help. Using Pkcrack in linux seems like the only workaround the memory buffer issue. Unless anyone can post a fix for Windows 7/Vista. :lol:

Well chances are anyone who gets to this point should (hopefully) have linux experience already to a degree.

FYI you can install Ubuntu as a program within windows (don't take offense to this if you already knew that (likely)).

Hey Plz Help I am at popup login page.....as tutorial says use f***E***l ,,I used but but geting Access Denied ..

You're on the right track. Have you seen the article for this mission? You need to think about what it says, what you're going for, and try different things.

I remember getting stumped by that...can't remember actually what it ended up being but it wasn't what I expected the first few times.

I should probably redo this mission sometime to keep up on ma game.
~Gatito
msbachman
Contributor
Contributor

Message viewing

Post by joblogs on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:07 am
([msg=44136]see Message viewing[/msg])

I know this has been done to death in here, but I'm still struggling with it.

Like so many others before me, I get the blank m**a**** page, but no love with the messages.

A number of different traversals have the same result, and I'm not entirely sure about my form target. Unless I'm reading the code wrong, an incorrect traversal should result in a some displayed text.

Any advice on what I've done wrong would be greatly appreciated.
joblogs
New User
New User

Post by smartmalk on Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:02 pm
([msg=45538]see Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine[/msg])

wow this WAS insane... it would have been extremely time consuming if it wasn't for some of the hints.
I think that guide written for this challenge was good enough to get you through, i cannot think of any other hint I can give without spoiling it.
smartmalk
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to (Real 15) seculas Ltd.