Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

One of your best friends has reason to believe that his girlfriend has been cheating on him. He thinks that she's been sending emails back and forth with this other guy, but he has no for sure proof. Now it's your turn to show him what a valuable friend you are!

Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by raddy1313 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:20 pm
([msg=34814]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

I feel like I'm on the edge of finishing this one, but I'm stuck on the c*****.t** I've found both files, I think I understand what I need to do to loop the authentication process such that approves me, but I can't figure out how to overwrite the admin level c***** file. Everything points to using DT, but the only place you can create a new file or directory is the new user registration, and this sanitizes inputs to prevent DT. I know how to edit and comment out the user c***** file to read what I want it to, but I just need a nudge in the right direction, perhaps?
"If I ever start a software company, I'm going to replace desks with toilets. I do my most inspired programming in the bathroom."
raddy1313
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Defience on Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:10 pm
([msg=34834]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

The username you choose is important. Once you've registered and logged in, look around. You should find an input area. Perhaps it could be useful? Live HTTP headers might help here, as well.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by raddy1313 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:01 pm
([msg=34859]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Defience wrote:The username you choose is important. Once you've registered and logged in, look around. You should find an input area. Perhaps it could be useful? Live HTTP headers might help here, as well.

You have a strange way of not directly answering a question but still somehow supplying a useful hint. 8-) In any case, it got me past my sticking point, so thank you for the help!

I've got the right username now, so I just have to figure the right content to input. I think a few hours break and a fresh look at it later would do me some good. Though it's not necessary for this mission, I also figured out how to bypass the string filter and use potentially malicious characters (slashes, for example) in the username. I don't know if that was intentional by the devs, but I thought it was kinda cool and I'd be happy to explain it to anyone who's interested. It might come in handy later.

[Edited by: Defience]
"If I ever start a software company, I'm going to replace desks with toilets. I do my most inspired programming in the bathroom."
raddy1313
New User
New User

Post by edilVin on Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:38 pm
([msg=35713]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

OK done, I can't believe I stood 4 hours for a stupid mistake. It was driving me crazy, finally figured out the last form, I just decompiled it and tada
Last edited by edilVin on Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Seamos realistas y hagamos lo imposible" Ernesto Che Gevara
edilVin
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:51 pm
([msg=35714]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

raddy1313, yes that was the right idea but I removed it because it gave away too much information.

edilVin, the username you choose is important as well. I suppose that could be the issue or your not entering the correct commands. If you can't explain it here without spoilers, feel free to pm me and I'll look at what you're doing.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by donod on Mon May 31, 2010 3:41 pm
([msg=39350]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

eljonto wrote:
vagnum wrote:this is going to be a long way. after reading thru all the answears here i still dont know where to start. what do i have to look for what i s needet for this mission. i completed the Basic Missions but this seems to be different. some advice where to start would be great. ihave found the admin log in thats where i am right now.

Good, now analyse it, see how it all works- then think up how to get past it.

hi

do i need to redirect the flash thing to my own site ?
donod
New User
New User

Post by msbachman on Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:04 pm
([msg=39689]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

donod wrote:
eljonto wrote:
vagnum wrote:this is going to be a long way. after reading thru all the answears here i still dont know where to start. what do i have to look for what i s needet for this mission. i completed the Basic Missions but this seems to be different. some advice where to start would be great. ihave found the admin log in thats where i am right now.

Good, now analyse it, see how it all works- then think up how to get past it.

hi

do i need to redirect the flash thing to my own site ?

No, you don't need to do that (not even sure how you would!). There's pertinent information in the flash that you need to, per what someone else has said, decompile. So get yourself a flash decompiler.
"I'm going to get into your sister. I'm going to get my hands on your daughter."
~Gatito
msbachman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by donod on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:45 pm
([msg=39732]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

hi

do you have a good one (windows/ubuntu) ?
donod
New User
New User

Post by eljonto on Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:57 pm
([msg=39797]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

donod wrote:hi

do you have a good one (windows/ubuntu) ?

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=flash+decompiler&btnG=Search
-Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?, Juvenal
Poster

Post by psyx0th on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:41 am
([msg=41080]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

i am stuck at the admin page, i know how to use the email script to read any email. I just dont know what email to read. I tried all the emails that i found on the website, including s******@simplemail.com, but the messages there tell me nothing.
Any help?

Thanks

EDIT: nvm, i just read the mission intro again. :roll:
psyx0th
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to (Real 16) Simple Mail