Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

One of your best friends has reason to believe that his girlfriend has been cheating on him. He thinks that she's been sending emails back and forth with this other guy, but he has no for sure proof. Now it's your turn to show him what a valuable friend you are!

Re: need a hint

Post by purple_pixie on Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:01 am
([msg=1612]see Re: need a hint[/msg])

No, it just takes some real logical thinking to work out what to do.

Took me a fair while, I remember, but when I sat down and thought through every step of the authentication it all made sense, and the answer was born.
purple_pixie
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Where To Start?

Post by Jheshka on Thu May 15, 2008 8:16 pm
([msg=2538]see Re: Where To Start?[/msg])

I thought the mission was hard..

Actually, apparently I missed it...
Guess I'll get started on it :)
Jheshka
New User
New User

Post by tordek on Thu May 29, 2008 1:24 am
([msg=3467]see Re: need a hint[/msg])

Okay, I know I have to change the ******.t** file by overwriting it... (However, there seems to be a logical flaw in this: How am I suppossed to know where the user directory is?)

And now I have the right username (I was misleading myself with slashes...), but now I overwrite it with a***_p***=whatever, but it just hangs up...
tordek
New User
New User

Post by jetbackwards on Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:11 pm
([msg=3901]see Re: need a hint[/msg])

tordek wrote:Okay, I know I have to change the ******.t** file by overwriting it... (However, there seems to be a logical flaw in this: How am I suppossed to know where the user directory is?)

And now I have the right username (I was misleading myself with slashes...), but now I overwrite it with a***_p***=whatever, but it just hangs up...

To find the answer to your first question, you must look everywhere - sometimes devs get debug-happy!

The hanging is because the object that is looking at the c*****.t** doesn't understand what it's looking at i.e. your overwrite is incorrect. Think about exactly what must happen in the process, and how the overwritten text will be used, and what you must to do ensure that only what you want to be included in the process is included in the process (is there any way that you can make some characters non-functional?)
jetbackwards
New User
New User

Post by jmillican on Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:06 pm
([msg=3911]see Re: need a hint[/msg])

Ok... I'm able to log into the admin having changed c*****.t** correctly etc. I've looked through the source code of all of the pages and scripts though, and I can't find any developer comments or anything. Have tried getting errors from the system but am still unsuccesful. How can I find the directory with the users' details in?
jmillican
New User
New User

Post by Microelite7711 on Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:25 pm
([msg=3980]see Re: need a hint[/msg])

I've been stuck here to, I put this in one of the spaces in the U... P.... so it will change C......txt:

a....._p...=c......txt&a....d=t...

so that changes c......txt to that and I try logging into a.... and it just says unauthorized accesses... I don't have any quotes in my script that I change in c......txt and I also leave the rest of the slot's blank so the c......txt say:

a..._p...=c......txt&a.....=t...;
-12;
;

\\These is the user config file notes, anything with \\ in front is ignored
\\Line 1: Personal message
\\Line 2: Timezone
\\Line 3: Current Email
Microelite7711
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by dangerduo on Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:40 am
([msg=4172]see Re: need a hint[/msg])

stuck at the overwrite portion. I would assume I must get rid of the numerical value follow by the semi-colon some how but that field only take numerical value...?

Can someone offer some hint / suggestion on how to approach this issue?

Thanks.
dangerduo
New User
New User

Can i please get a hint or 2?

Post by shanebane363 on Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:37 pm
([msg=4305]see Can i please get a hint or 2?[/msg])

[color=#00FF00]ok heres the issue. i found the admin login form in the source, and have found the possible usernames to input. (easy) i have also created an account. i am stuck there. i am unsure what to do from here to find the admin password or password hash. unsure if i even need it...

i have been to all of the links on the page...i dont really see anything...

i am wondering if there is something i am missing or if i am just a dumbshit. LOL

is there some way i can exploit the register, login, admin login, search, or send email pages? i feel like im missing something, cuz this mission cant be this damn hard.
shanebane363
New User
New User

Post by jmillican on Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:06 am
([msg=4601]see Re: need a hint[/msg])

Microelite7711 wrote:I've been stuck here to, I put this in one of the spaces in the U... P.... so it will change C......txt:

a....._p...=c......txt&a....d=t...

so that changes c......txt to that and I try logging into a.... and it just says unauthorized accesses... I don't have any quotes in my script that I change in c......txt and I also leave the rest of the slot's blank so the c......txt say:

a..._p...=c......txt&a.....=t...;
-12;
;

Ok to get past this stage... you're on the right lines. Try thinking about how flash loads variables from a file.
They are URLencoded (like in a query string in the address bar). for example:
if you had two variables:
mission=16
difficulty=hard

To URLencode these, you would write as such:
mission=16&difficulty=hard

The ampersand (&) is used as a variable delimiter.

Now how could we use this knowledge to make the other boxes blank to the script?
Hope that helps ;)
jmillican
New User
New User

Post by dangerduo on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:03 pm
([msg=4747]see Re: need a hint[/msg])

Hi jmillican,

Thanks for the hint, and after playing with it more i have access to the admin panel also, I just beat the mission. After accessing the panel is pretty straight foward.

If you haven't beat this mission, i would like to offer a hint for you since your hint help me. Look at the client side of the html code, besides html and what other stuff you see embed?

I hope that helps. Thanks for your hint.
dangerduo
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to (Real 16) Simple Mail