Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by brubru on Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:27 am
([msg=87010]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

HNicolai wrote:Also heres some "hints" (not really "hints" but more some "tips"):
  • The "demo" program is crap, you don't need it... And it does not really work, so don't worry
  • You don't need to setup a cookiestealer, just image you own the host "hts.com" and a file called "c.php" exist on the host.

The second point is the most important advice here if like me you were wasting your time trying to think of something that would work while at the same time being told javascript is enough :) That and the window instead of document thingy.

Challenge done, but I'm still wondering where the "you forgot to pay me :(" is supposed to come from.
brubru
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by Dualis on Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:48 am
([msg=89074]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

I completed the mission but I'm slightly confused as to why my solution worked the way it did. I spent forever trying to send a link to my cookie stealer to m-crap with no success. In a realistic situation, I feel like that would make sense. I'm sending it through a private message system, so he clicks the link, gets redirected to whatever page, and I get the cookie info.

Eventually I realized that I had to send the the actual script to redirect him to the page. But I dont understand how that would work in real life. As opposed to getting a link that m-crap would unsuspectingly click on, he'd open up his PM to find a snippet of super suspcious javascript and realize exactly what I was trying to do. What am I missing here?
Dualis
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to (Real 9) CrappySoft