Dycrypter With Python

Re: Dycrypter With Python

Post by rawrchickens on Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:14 am
([msg=75347]see Re: Dycrypter With Python[/msg])

Edgar Allan Poe was a genius! Thanks for the quote the_ordinary very clever.
rawrchickens
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by v_freak on Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:53 pm
([msg=86506]see Re: Dycrypter With Python[/msg])

Just finished writing my own little python un-scrambler. Felt AWESOME! Though when going through the attempts I almost missed it thanks to the...unique way the words are written! Great challenge!
Program your brain, or someone will do it for you.
v_freak
New User
New User

Post by poetics5 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:26 pm
([msg=89131]see Re: Dycrypter With Python[/msg])

I wrote a decrypter with javascript. Key thing to remember are the most common lowest number is the most common ascii char. Also Array.sort() came in really handy.
poetics5
New User
New User

Post by anonymous501 on Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:23 am
([msg=90215]see Re: Dycrypter With Python[/msg])

alternatively, I used a script that tries all passwords as numbers and checks the code for ASCII character that a user wouldn't use, such as null bytes. When none of these are found it will decode it. Uses slightly more code (27 lines total), but would work on practically any message.

if the message were, for example, a piece of code, or contained some very precise GPS coordinates, or has some other reason why frequency analysis wouldn't work, this code would still pick it up. While frequency analysis relies on writing style, this method could also decode "hai, potatoes".
It may take me years, but I will learn, and I will do to you what you have done to the innocent

Unless you wipe yourselves out before that. You idiots.
anonymous501
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:53 pm
([msg=90224]see Re: Dycrypter With Python[/msg])

anonymous501 wrote:alternatively, I used a script that tries all passwords as numbers and checks the code for ASCII character that a user wouldn't use, such as null bytes. When none of these are found it will decode it. Uses slightly more code (27 lines total), but would work on practically any message.

if the message were, for example, a piece of code, or contained some very precise GPS coordinates, or has some other reason why frequency analysis wouldn't work, this code would still pick it up. While frequency analysis relies on writing style, this method could also decode "hai, potatoes".

That's called the bruteforce method. Effective yes, efficient, not so much ;)
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by anonymous501 on Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:29 am
([msg=90557]see Re: Dycrypter With Python[/msg])

cyberdrain wrote:
anonymous501 wrote:alternatively, I used a script that tries all passwords as numbers and checks the code for ASCII character that a user wouldn't use, such as null bytes. When none of these are found it will decode it. Uses slightly more code (27 lines total), but would work on practically any message.

That's called the bruteforce method. Effective yes, efficient, not so much ;)

in this particular case it is actually relatively efficient, since the password value can never be lower than the lowest combined number, and the algoritm only starts checking from thereon. therefore, it will always work in aboout 150 trials.
It may take me years, but I will learn, and I will do to you what you have done to the innocent

Unless you wipe yourselves out before that. You idiots.
anonymous501
New User
New User

Previous

Return to (Real 6) ToxiCo Industrial Chemicals