Dycrypter With Python

Re: Dycrypter With Python

Post by Starman11 on Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:41 am
([msg=93276]see Re: Dycrypter With Python[/msg])

make sure you copy the message exactly power, no whitespace at the end. i still haven't completed this mission yet. like i said a few months ago, i think i understand how the encryption works, but i need to brush up on my python

im doing some app challenges at the minute, i'll come back to this later

-- Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:03 pm --

I didn't use any python to complete this challenge. I tried some python at first, but to no avail. I used some PHP code to get the numbers into groups of three, then pasted them into a spreadsheet, done some calculations to get the ascii values, then finally I used some more PHP that looped through each ascii value in an array and converted it to the original character. you can complete this mission without python or PHP, but using some code comes in handy. it took me ages to find code that did what i want, but in the end it was worth it. go to w3schools dot com and look at php arrays

to anyone else thinking about using PHP and spreadsheets, I suggest you look at how to use arrays and iterations using foreach, so you can manipulate how the values are arranged (i found str_replace to be useful as well), it's not a whole lot of code and its not as complicated as you may think, its confusing at first, but you'll get the hang of it if you keep pushing forward, if you want to brush up on your coding skills. there are various ways you can complete this mission
Starman11
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to (Real 6) ToxiCo Industrial Chemicals