Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:45 pm
([msg=64599]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

strongard wrote:this is the first time I find myself obliged to see the solution in google not because the challenge is difficult it is very easy but because it is so long for me to decrypt it by my hands it makes me ill to do and I am not an expert in writing programs that decrypt for me , i understand how xecryption works by myself without the help of forum or google , it is based on frequency analysis too ... I find this challenge cold and useless and it will never learn people : to decrypt or to hack real site because real site security are based on very sofisticated security and xecryption is a very old type or encryption. and as you can see it does not exist in google , it is unusual and rare I hate this challenge it learns nothing
:evil: :evil:

You say frequency analysis. I bet your overlooking a character or special character.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by strongard on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:47 pm
([msg=64602]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

yes , I overlook a character but I understood how xecryption algorithm works
but I hate this challenge really as it does not learn anything , it is based on key value brute force , this is not based on techniques , or the manipulation of brain or intelligence :mrgreen: :mrgreen: gence
strongard
New User
New User

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:16 pm
([msg=64613]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

strongard wrote:yes , I overlook a character but I understood how xecryption algorithm works
but I hate this challenge really as it does not learn anything , it is based on key value brute force , this is not based on techniques , or the manipulation of brain or intelligence :mrgreen: :mrgreen: gence

I believe the point of it is to make you think outside the box and to get you to start writing your own code. I could be wrong but that's what I got from it. Some missions may take you a while to complete especially in the later realistic missions. My 2 cents, the best part is trying to figure it out, research and learn. Don't always expect to complete a mission right away.

Who are you going to ask if you're in a situation where there is no outside connection to the internet and you're working on a local network?
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by strongard on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:19 pm
([msg=64619]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

there is a big misconception in this site namely that " we are here to send you to learn , we want you learn and by learning you will be able to solve the challenges , to deal up with real dangerous situation in which no one will help you and therefore by learning you will become a hacker" I call this a vice

learning is primordial , vital and a necessity , no one denies this , but it is not by learning that we become hackers
learning alone does not make a hacker
what gives birth to a talented hacker is and only is BEING CONSCIOUS of HOW the most complicated system of security are broken
and therefore , each time he becomes conscious of the trick to surpass the wall of security , this state of consciousness becomes like a deep rooted instinct that guides him from darkness to light
the error with this hackthissite is that it urges the users to learn by sending them to read links in order to solve the challenge. why it is a error ?? because first , as the user has an obsession , to solve the challenge he will manipulate google to find the solution , and its obsession is so strong to the point that he will ignore the process of learning and go directly to the answer , the other users who refuse to relinquish to the temptation of cheating will learn and learn , countless of articles but , finally it will be nothing more than a mechanical conception of information , he will understand for example the sql injection but whatsoever he reads he will never be able to solve any challenge about sql and he will never become a hacker because learning about sql is something and being able to solve a challenge in sql is another thing
what is the difference?? it is the HOW to solve the challenge and this HOW refers to the manner
to have the manner , you need to become conscious of the manner and the manner needs to become deep rooted in you
so becoming a hacker requires a transition from an unconscious state of dealing with a complex to a conscious one
and this transition can only be grasped by pushing the user not to read but training him to be aware , to be vigilant , by concretizing the knowledge for him , directing him in the good way , and especially using what we call " the pedagogy of immunization" throughout protecting the disciple from the potential destabilization caused by two very dangerous phenomena in hacking the BRUTE FORCE , AND THE ANATOMY OF URL ATTACK
the solution for all that is simple
instead of directing the user to read general , abstract conceptual blocks in the internet , teach him , in the forum through instructive hints how to attack , what he should do , what he should not do , raise in him the ability to understand the security system for example " in american right challenge" we need to find the htpasswd file but i did not even see any hint of how to find the file , instead i saw only trivialities about how to hack the hash what is the most easy part
strongard
New User
New User

Post by Enzime59 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:40 am
([msg=65163]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

For the people stuck on this mission, I suggest reading this article from 'TheReaper'.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=954&start=10

I read it before this mission so it was easy to figure out a way to solve it, maybe a bit too easy (as it was labled as 'hard' if I recall correctly). I solved it at work using excel and an ascii table. Still took about an hour though. Maybe I'll try a python tutorial and learn to script it, if that isn't too big of a step.
Enzime59
New User
New User

Post by maybach on Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:48 pm
([msg=65552]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

I haven't read through all the posts in this topic. But you can program a decrypter in php, you just need to know how to how the algorithm works and use the php function chr().
maybach
New User
New User

Post by Atauzeromind on Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:12 pm
([msg=65563]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

strongard wrote:there is a big misconception in this site namely that " we are here to send you to learn , we want you learn and by learning you will be able to solve the challenges , to deal up with real dangerous situation in which no one will help you and therefore by learning you will become a hacker" I call this a vice

learning is primordial , vital and a necessity , no one denies this , but it is not by learning that we become hackers
learning alone does not make a hacker
what gives birth to a talented hacker is and only is BEING CONSCIOUS of HOW the most complicated system of security are broken
and therefore , each time he becomes conscious of the trick to surpass the wall of security , this state of consciousness becomes like a deep rooted instinct that guides him from darkness to light
the error with this hackthissite is that it urges the users to learn by sending them to read links in order to solve the challenge. why it is a error ?? because first , as the user has an obsession , to solve the challenge he will manipulate google to find the solution , and its obsession is so strong to the point that he will ignore the process of learning and go directly to the answer , the other users who refuse to relinquish to the temptation of cheating will learn and learn , countless of articles but , finally it will be nothing more than a mechanical conception of information , he will understand for example the sql injection but whatsoever he reads he will never be able to solve any challenge about sql and he will never become a hacker because learning about sql is something and being able to solve a challenge in sql is another thing
what is the difference?? it is the HOW to solve the challenge and this HOW refers to the manner
to have the manner , you need to become conscious of the manner and the manner needs to become deep rooted in you
so becoming a hacker requires a transition from an unconscious state of dealing with a complex to a conscious one
and this transition can only be grasped by pushing the user not to read but training him to be aware , to be vigilant , by concretizing the knowledge for him , directing him in the good way , and especially using what we call " the pedagogy of immunization" throughout protecting the disciple from the potential destabilization caused by two very dangerous phenomena in hacking the BRUTE FORCE , AND THE ANATOMY OF URL ATTACK
the solution for all that is simple
instead of directing the user to read general , abstract conceptual blocks in the internet , teach him , in the forum through instructive hints how to attack , what he should do , what he should not do , raise in him the ability to understand the security system for example " in american right challenge" we need to find the htpasswd file but i did not even see any hint of how to find the file , instead i saw only trivialities about how to hack the hash what is the most easy part

Actually, strongard, there IS a hint on the thread about how to find the file. You just need to be persistent. Persistency and perserverance are the two most needed values in a hacker.

Oh, and also: I know how to solve this mission, just that I didn't have enough time or motivation to do what was necessary. I will try again soon. I procrastinate too much.
Atauzeromind
New User
New User

Post by lolzsec on Sat May 05, 2012 6:24 pm
([msg=66149]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

I finish it With PHP script LOL !!! :)
Libya Free
lolzsec
New User
New User

Post by qw3rty01 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:51 am
([msg=70558]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

strongard wrote:yes , I overlook a character but I understood how xecryption algorithm works

I wouldn't say that...I solved the challenge without any form of bruteforce
There's more to take away from this than just figuring out the algorithm and bruteforcing...maybe using flaws in the algorithm to figure out the decrypted message, once you start thinking that way, you'll have a better mindset for solving more difficult cryptographic challenges

As far as flaws in the algorithm, here's a hint:
you don't need to find the original password to decrypt the text

EDIT:
Looking back at the older posts, you can also get an idea for figuring this out without bruteforce
qw3rty01
New User
New User

Post by HiPERnx on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:31 pm
([msg=70605]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Is the PM down or is it just me?
COOKIES PLOX ?
HiPERnx
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to (Real 6) ToxiCo Industrial Chemicals