Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by Kalevs on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:42 pm
([msg=59965]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Hi guys, so yeah... I made my dumnbass decrypter with Visual Basic .NET and it for some unknown reason spillt jizz all over the message(like wrong letters and crap like * and !) but most of it is still readable. My question is do I have to fix the message before sending it to the :?: hippy-hacker :?: :D , and could anyone PM me on how to get the password?because I kinda brute forced it lol :D
Kalevs
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by RohamCsiga on Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:23 am
([msg=60387]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Kalevs wrote:Hi guys, so yeah... I made my dumnbass decrypter with Visual Basic .NET and it for some unknown reason spillt jizz all over the message(like wrong letters and crap like * and !) but most of it is still readable. My question is do I have to fix the message before sending it to the :?: hippy-hacker :?: :D , and could anyone PM me on how to get the password?because I kinda brute forced it lol :D

You have many ways to get the password, just use the given infos and some logics...

Just an example:
- It is given that its an email. It consists of English sentences... What do you know about them? Mostly you will find lower-case alphabets. And the characters doesn't appear with the same frequency.
Just check this sentences above, which i wrote (there are 23 'a' and 4 'b' for example)..

Knowing this makes it a piece of cake to get the ID that belongs to one character, check that character's ascii and there you go, you already know the password :)
RohamCsiga
New User
New User

Post by M_S_BooM on Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:04 am
([msg=60750]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

The key value is not really important, the important thing is to know how much is its ASCII value.
The method to find the key value is very simple, you have to understand how the algorithm works.
I've studied this site
http://www.google.com

My advice is to not use the algorithm in the previous site but to create your own using your favorite language and pay attention to the special characters
M_S_BooM
New User
New User

Post by ramdown on Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:37 pm
([msg=62905]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

That was fun!
I googled XEncrypt first but found nothing and then found out how it worked myself :) i wrote a little bruteforcing program and it worked! i feel proud somehow :lol: HTS is great!
ramdown
New User
New User

Post by icywing on Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:14 pm
([msg=64335]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

done!
thought that algo was standard but i figured not.
didn't completely understand that but i solved it
icywing
New User
New User

Post by strongard on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:29 pm
([msg=64575]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

I understand how the xecryption algorithm works but I am missing the key value that is important in decrypting and without it no one will be able to decrypt the message:

the problem is that I tried different ascii values of different letters based on frequency analysis.
and when I begin to decrypt the first 15 numbers I found a mix of decrypted characters like that

my question am I supposed to find a clear word AT THE BEGINNING like "the" for example????

what is my error??? and am i in the right track???????
please can any one answer my three questions
strongard
New User
New User

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:43 pm
([msg=64578]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

strongard wrote:I understand how the xecryption algorithm works but I am missing the key value that is important in decrypting and without it no one will be able to decrypt the message:

the problem is that I tried different ascii values of different letters based on frequency analysis.
and when I begin to decrypt the first 15 numbers I found a mix of decrypted characters like that

my question am I supposed to find a clear word AT THE BEGINNING like "the" for example????

Did you write something to decrypt this or are you doing it by hand? Also, if you did write it using a language which one? I only ask because I had an issue with this mission when I did it with javascript.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by strongard on Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:07 pm
([msg=64593]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

hello

I know nothing of programming (I am zero in programming) :oops: :oops: and I am doing it by hand
my experience as a beginner noob is (2 months and 9 days) in hacking and computer programming believe or not
and even so I use my brain until it burns and I suffer a lot to solve these challenge of course with the help of the forum and google , I am stuck in this one

anyone can answer my message and my questions please

I understand how the xecryption algorithm works but I am missing the key value that is important in decrypting and without it no one will be able to decrypt the message:

strongard
New User
New User

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:39 am
([msg=64595]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Maybe your overlooking an ascii value. If you checked the most frequent chars and it's still not making sense, what else would be frequent with an ascii value? Just because you spent a few days on it and can't get the solution doesn't mean you throw in the towel. Persistence is the key. This may be a good time to start learning a language. Instead of writing it out all the time you would just have to tweak some code hear or there.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by strongard on Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:51 pm
([msg=64598]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

this is the first time I find myself obliged to see the solution in google not because the challenge is difficult it is very easy but because it is so long for me to decrypt it by my hands it makes me ill to do and I am not an expert in writing programs that decrypt for me , i understand how xecryption works by myself without the help of forum or google , it is based on frequency analysis too ... I find this challenge cold and useless and it will never learn people : to decrypt or to hack real site because real site security are based on very sofisticated security and xecryption is a very old type or encryption. and as you can see it does not exist in google , it is unusual and rare I hate this challenge it learns nothing
:evil: :evil:
strongard
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to (Real 6) ToxiCo Industrial Chemicals