Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by OnlyHuman on Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:04 am
([msg=51263]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Yeah, you'll most likely get zapped with a spoiler for that. You might want to save yourself some trouble and remove the bulk of it yourself. Another thing, it's possible to complete this challenge using only programs or scripts that you develop yourself. No need to download anything. If you're completely stuck, there is a thread in the Crypto section of this site, that details the algorithm like no other source available.
OnlyHuman
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by dark_fighter on Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:58 pm
([msg=51599]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

that was fun!!! actualy the encryption can be break quite easy... the only "hard" part of this mission is the paperwork that you have to do after you understand the encryption algorithm...
and here is my hint to save some time (hope it's not a spoiler, if it is, please remove it):

when you understand the algorithm search for an ASCII table and look close!!!
dark_fighter
New User
New User

Meh.. How?

Post by n00bday on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:54 pm
([msg=54193]see Meh.. How?[/msg])

All right. This one's got me feeling like a super-idiot. What I know so far: the letters are blocks of three, e.g.: .xxx.xxx.xxx = letter. I know (from reading this forum) that the three numbers are related a certain way. What I want to know is -how- did you figure that out? I've tried lots of things. I've tried inputting the same letter with the same password, but it doesn't yield the same results. I've tried doing words like "seen", "been", etc. with the same password and still no luck finding similar instances.

I understand frequency-analysis (as you could probably tell by my example words), but this just goes right over my head. I -know- the solution to the numbers because it's in the forum, but I would like to -understand- how in the Hell you came to that solution as a logical conclusion. It's far beyond me. Thanks.
n00bday
New User
New User

Post by DRobberts on Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:03 pm
([msg=54637]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

I've just decrypted this message within an hour, without any help (almost the first time for hard Realistic missions). So I guess I can explain the method to manage the mission.

I advise you to try with very very simple examples to well understand the encryption mechanism. "been" and "seen" are simple but not enought, trying with one letter for the message and one letter for the key must be a good start. And you should change only 1 parameter at a time in order to see how it weights on the result. Then you should analyse the resultS of your tests and try to find a faillure in the mechanism, something caracteristic of what you have encryted (both the key and the message)...
Think about it, this first step is not very difficult but you have to try basic examples untill you well understand how the encription mechanism works.
DRobberts
New User
New User

Post by kureta on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:03 pm
([msg=55304]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

I have been a member here for some time but I have never posted on the forums. And I have been away for quite a while. Now the forum system has changed and I cannot send PMs. I have solved this one but I can't send it.

-- Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:04 am --

I guess I have to make some forum posts to activate PMs...
kureta
New User
New User

Post by Phantom Wolf on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:55 pm
([msg=55308]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

kureta wrote:I have been a member here for some time but I have never posted on the forums. And I have been away for quite a while. Now the forum system has changed and I cannot send PMs. I have solved this one but I can't send it.

-- Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:04 am --

I guess I have to make some forum posts to activate PMs...

You're supposed to use the "HTS Messages center", not the forum's PM system
"Well it isn't my fault. I shouldn't have been allowed to do something to crash it." "No, you shouldn't have been allowed to buy a computer in the first place"
Phantom Wolf
Poster
Poster

Post by trandoanhung1991 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:15 am
([msg=56603]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

This one is really simple.

What you need to do is to understand how XECryption works. It's like this:
[Do some stuff] -- Goatboy

Now, to break this encryption is really easy. There are no repeating patterns, BUT there is a huge flaw. (hint: most common character).

Good luck.
trandoanhung1991
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:32 pm
([msg=56609]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Thanks for the useless post and unappreciated spoilers. Now, please go edit that.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by mkylman on Tue May 03, 2011 12:49 pm
([msg=56925]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

This was really fun! I wrote a C++ program to decrypt it...took me two hours to figure it out >.<
mkylman
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Sun May 08, 2011 2:19 pm
([msg=57142]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Go, You! ^
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to (Real 6) ToxiCo Industrial Chemicals