Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

JavaScript implementation

Post by telmofmm on Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:20 am
([msg=86527]see JavaScript implementation[/msg])

Hi everyone :)

I wrote a small JS script to help me solve the challenge, that's publicly available on <removed> if anyone wants to check the source.

If you already know how the algorithm works and just want a simple tool to encrypt/decrypt I made a tool based on the script above that's available on <removed>.
telmofmm
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by limdis on Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:33 pm
([msg=86620]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

telmofmm wrote:Hi everyone :)<br><br>I wrote a small JS script to help me solve the challenge, that's publicly available on <removed> if anyone wants to check the source.<br><br>If you already know how the algorithm works and just want a simple tool to encrypt/decrypt I made a tool based on the script above that's available on <removed>.

Links removed due to them technically being spoilers. Keep up the good work though we like to see users develop their own tools! If anyone is interested send telmofmm a PM.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by NightArcher on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:01 am
([msg=87193]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Decided to do this the manual way just to make sure I understand the mechanics of the encyption. Definitely worth the extra time but only took about 30 mins to go through the process.

The link below lays out a clear method for approaching this type of encryption with just excel.

http://www.shortinfosec.net/2009/11/tutorial-breaking-weak-encryption-with.html

Also for submitting the answer I found it best to copy directly from excel into the message box and edit the text then. Submission was accepted first time with this method.
"God wouldn't be up this late"
NightArcher
New User
New User

Post by Mr_Agreeable on Thu May 14, 2015 4:26 pm
([msg=88048]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

'lo all!

Been fiddling away at these challenges for a few days now - I'm finding them really engaging and well thought out. Some of the best educational material I've ever encountered (and I've got an MSc, so I've seen a fair old bit!).

This one has been my favourite so far, just in terms of puzzles. I didn't google anything, worked out the encryption, wrote a java program to get the answer, blah blah blah, and I really enjoyed it. However, I'd like to ask further questions, and compare notes with people, without the risk of getting banhammered for saying too much. I've thought this before, in other challenges, having got through them but not necessarily in the "right" way.

Would there be any chance of arranging a further thread - for all challenges, really - for people who have completed them, and yet still want to discuss their methods? Granted, people could use them to "cheat" - but all the answers are freely available on the internet already, so it won't exactly be letting the cat out of the bag. If people want to cheat, they will - and more fool them. They will learn nothing. Their loss.

Anyway, thanks again for providing all this stuff. It's great.
Mr_Agreeable
New User
New User

Post by Jan4V1 on Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:23 pm
([msg=88284]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

I dont have the privilege to send the message :).
Jan4V1
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:31 am
([msg=88342]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Jan4V1 wrote:I dont have the privilege to send the message

That's correct, two reasons: it's rude to just randomly PM people and you need two posts on this forum to actually PM anyone.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by CTPAHHuK on Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:02 am
([msg=89104]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

I decripted the message, but I can not send to PM ToxiCo_Watch ((

yah... done it....thanks :lol:
CTPAHHuK
New User
New User

Post by poetics5 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:29 pm
([msg=89132]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Found Javascript to be the simplest way to decrypt. The Array.sort() method made finding the common chars simple. Also for those unable to send a message, check the hts message area (main site, not forum) press compose.

Thanks to everyone for the helpful hints. #1 thing to remember look for the most used lowest number, it will be the most common ascii char (not "e"). once I found that everything was fairly straightforward
poetics5
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:06 pm
([msg=89260]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

CTPAHHuK wrote:I decripted the message, but I can not send to PM ToxiCo_Watch ((

yah... done it....thanks :lol:

Just so no-one else is going to try this; you don't need to PM to finish the mission, unless it's broken and you need to PM an admin about it.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by arrose007 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:09 pm
([msg=90315]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

All you guys and your fancy coding. CRIPES I need to learn some scripting or programming LOL! I was at this for like 2 hours with Excel. The good news is, I can encode or decode any message using this encryption now. Thanks for making me work for this one!
arrose007
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to (Real 6) ToxiCo Industrial Chemicals