Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Password

Post by Lukezorz on Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:18 am
([msg=76505]see Password[/msg])

I know how the algorithm works but I'm pretty sure I need the password for the encryption anyway, am I blind or am I wrong?
Lukezorz
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Password

Post by v4ry5 on Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:21 am
([msg=76549]see Re: Password[/msg])

Lukezorz wrote:I know how the algorithm works but I'm pretty sure I need the password for the encryption anyway, am I blind or am I wrong?

Q is pretty well answered earlier itt. The answer's not in the box, it's in the band.

TBH, I stumbled upon the easy solution first and then spent some time afterward trying to better understand it all. More importantly, I'm now a Script Kiddie. No, really, my profile says so.
v4ry5
New User
New User

Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by white.russian on Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:38 pm
([msg=78915]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

I'm trying to send the PM, to ToxiCo_Watch, but I keep getting the error "The requested users to be added do not exist."?

Edit: Ahh, wrong PM system. I guess the forum/site membership systems haven't been integrated very well yet.
white.russian
New User
New User

need some help.

Post by ammke on Sun May 11, 2014 10:10 am
([msg=80642]see need some help.[/msg])

hey guys i have decrypt it in some how and the program that i made show the result like this:
l
i
k
e

t
h
i
s

w
a
t

s
o
r
c
e
r
y

and when i try to send the message it doesn't work so could some one please help me with this.
ammke
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Thu May 15, 2014 10:23 am
([msg=80712]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Ammke, that is part of the answer. If it is part of the answer, it's probably a spoiler. Do that consistently and it might get you banned. Just, be careful what you post.

In regards to your question: be sure to decrypt the complete message, including linebreaks, spaces, capitals (where applicable, idk) and all other characters. You may PM me the complete message you found, so I can tell you whether it is the correct one. Don't post it here!
Free your mind / Think clearly
I use the sarcasm color for both sarcasm and irony
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

Post by raine1 on Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:55 pm
([msg=84542]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Okay, I do believe I understand how this works. I've been reading on ancii and XE all morning. I'm getting my calculator out as I don't know how to write code. I have a few things to do first, but then I'm going to crack this algorithm using excel!! :geek:

This was the tutorial that explained it to me and what I need to do. Of course I have my ancii table printed out beside me.

http://www.shortinfosec.net/2009/11/tut ... -with.html
raine1
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:27 pm
([msg=84543]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

raine1 wrote:Okay, I do believe I understand how this works. I've been reading on ancii and XE all morning. I'm getting my calculator out as I don't know how to write code. I have a few things to do first, but then I'm going to crack this algorithm using excel!!

I was going to say "Excel?!", but then I remember I did it the same way the first time I did this challenge. :roll:
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

Post by raine1 on Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:42 pm
([msg=84551]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

well, not Excel........ it's actually the Libre office spreadsheet.

But now you have me wondering "What is the other ways (plural) to do this?" I guess I'm going about this the long way. I did find a bunch of codes that were pre-written for decrypting this type of encryption, but I hate to use them. It feels like it's cheating unless I wrote them myself.

Maybe there is third way. :?: I wonder if there is an ancii calculator out there somewhere. I put the table in the middle of my desktop today for easy viewing.
raine1
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:49 pm
([msg=84552]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

raine1 wrote: I wonder if there is an ancii calculator out there somewhere.

First time I thought that was a typo, but it's ASCII, not ANCII. Basically using (self-coded or existing) scripts, (self-coded or existing) programs or manually (takes a long time). I don't know of other ways.
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

Post by raine1 on Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:40 pm
([msg=84561]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

I am frustrated. I have it solved and my email won't send. I'm not getting the victory dance. :oops: I copied the email address verbatim -- ToxiCo_Watch,so it's something else .

I found a couple of extra spaces in my "solve" when I typed it out, and so removed those. I have my upper caps right. I have went back through the entire cypher rechecking everything. I guess I'm fixing to do that again. When I went back through the second time, I did find some mistakes. Maybe I missed something else.

I think I'll get a glass of tea and take a deep breath. I can't take a break until this is completed. It's making me crazy.. What the frick am I missing?

Raine1

-- Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:49 pm --

Such a stupid mistake. When I was retyping it out, I left a word out......... Yeah!!! I completed it!! :lol:

Now, for that glass of tea and moving on to #7... I am so happy!! I will never forget how to decrypt something like this. I've been working on this since yesterday. Even after figuring out how to do it, it took time.

-- Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:54 pm --

cyberdrain wrote: First time I thought that was a typo, but it's ASCII, not ANCII.

One thing that I am is consistent in my errors. Thank you for pointing that out. And thanks for your input as well. I'm glad someone is responding to these posts.
raine1
New User
New User

Previous

Return to (Real 6) ToxiCo Industrial Chemicals