Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

When i view the source code?

Post by carlosale214 on Sat May 28, 2011 11:58 pm
([msg=57842]see When i view the source code?[/msg])

when i view the source code for this mission it says my browser doesn't support frames...but i've tried using chrome, IE, and firefox. is this part of this mission by any chance?
carlosale214
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by fashizzlepop on Sun May 29, 2011 12:01 am
([msg=57844]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

No. You should still be able to see the source.

-- Sun May 29, 2011 12:01 am --

No. You should still be able to see the source.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by silvara on Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:36 pm
([msg=61335]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Hi,
In the mission description, it is said that the database security measures were ten years out of date; through the mission or its description themselves having no date indication, this info is a little vague. So it's fortunate that there are not many 'message digest' types.

I just completed this mission on Windows with Cain by bruteforcing the hash, but through I got the ****.txt file, I didn't need to use it. I can't identify what it is exactly: the p. dictionary? a r. table? the encryption algorithm? I tried to use it for a d.attack with the correct search parameters, but it gave me nothing after more than ten minutes. I can't help but feel like I missed something in that mission...

I also wondered if there was another way not involving cracking (or compiling a cracking algo, either) to find the password? Thank you, and if I wrote a spoil, just let me know.
Life is short, the craft so long...
silvara
New User
New User

Post by james44121 on Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:10 pm
([msg=62006]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Am I the only one who is having trouble getting the hash in the first place? I know about the news, and about google not indexing it. I just have absolutely no idea where to begin.
james44121
New User
New User

Post by ElectroPlasma on Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:38 pm
([msg=62679]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

I read the tutorial posted long ago in this thread, and found out that the hash string was MD4, but I don't understand HOW he figured that out. He said the hash file told you the algorithm and charset, but when I Google that algorithm (E**), it does seem to be AN algorithm, but I don't see how that correlates anything to MD4. I also don't see how he used the charset in the text file, since when I open it up it's just a lot of random symbols for the most part, some of which are Russian letters because my computer is set to display non-unicode symbols as Russian characters (to make certain Russian programs work). So, I did get the mission completed, but I want to know WHY everything was the way it was. Could someone PM it to me if it would be too much of a spoiler for this thread?

This is the tutorial I read, by the way: http://www.hackthissite.org/articles/read/957

I assume it's not a spoiler since it wasn't removed as one earlier, but if it is, may some mod remove it.

Thanks!

-EP
ElectroPlasma
New User
New User

Post by cracksman on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:55 am
([msg=62995]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

i already have the hash and im pretty sure i know what type it is; I see that everyone is using programs to crack the hash, which i assumed, but i was cursors what the "hash" file is on the server, it looks like some command line program (maybe to crack hashes??) but sense it has no extension I'm not sure how to use it, even if it was usable..? is this anything useful?
cracksman
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:14 pm
([msg=63003]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Use Cain and Abel on the hash. This mission was designed to get you familiar with it as a tool.
http://www.oxid.it/cain.html
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by piex17 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:13 pm
([msg=63925]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

I'm brute-forcing the hash with John the Ripper, but it's taking forever. Am I doing something wrong?
piex17
New User
New User

Post by conscience on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:16 am
([msg=63935]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

piex17 wrote:I'm brute-forcing the hash with John the Ripper, but it's taking forever. Am I doing something wrong?

Defience wrote:Use Cain and Abel on the hash. This mission was designed to get you familiar with it as a tool.
http://www.oxid.it/cain.html
Let him who has understanding recount the number of the beast, for it is a human number: His number is 0x029A.
conscience
Poster
Poster

Post by Comperz91 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:18 am
([msg=63936]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

piex17 wrote:I'm brute-forcing the hash with John the Ripper, but it's taking forever. Am I doing something wrong?

For this mission i used cain and abel http://www.oxid.it/cain.html
as one other said
"Use Cain and Abel on the hash. This mission was designed to get you familiar with it as a tool."

Edit: god.. conscience u were faster ^^
I wanna be the very best Like no one ever was,
To know it all is my real test To master it, is my cause

programming, gotta know 'em all
Comperz91
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to (Real 5) Damn Telemarketers!