Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by Dark_crow_2k6 on Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:51 pm
([msg=93145]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

So, I came back to "re-do" all of the old challenges that I have already done, but came across an error when I entered the password, saying I have already completed this one, which I already knew, I just wanted to re-work them so I could "re-learn" the stuff I forgot. Is entering the password for the DB the end of the mission, because I don't remember?
Dark_crow_2k6
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by conscience on Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:09 pm
([msg=93177]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

If it says you've already done, then it's over. That's what you get instead of the "Go on" button.
Let him who has understanding recount the number of the beast, for it is a human number: His number is 0x029A.
conscience
Poster
Poster

Post by henry11223567 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:43 am
([msg=93404]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

So I managed to get the hash and I looked at the forum regarding cracking the hash password.
When i download programs such as John the ripper or MD5 the softwares would open for a spilt seconds then immediately close. John the ripper mentioned the cygwin1.dll file is missing and I can't seem to repair it ? Chrome also refuses to download Cain and Abel saying it is a malware. Can someone decode it for me please?
henry11223567
New User
New User

Post by conscience on Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:37 pm
([msg=93411]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

henry11223567 wrote:So I managed to get the hash and I looked at the forum regarding cracking the hash password.
When i download programs such as John the ripper or MD5 the softwares would open for a spilt seconds then immediately close. John the ripper mentioned the cygwin1.dll file is missing and I can't seem to repair it ? Chrome also refuses to download Cain and Abel saying it is a malware. Can someone decode it for me please?

I've just downloaded JTR and the ZIP file contains the DLL in question as it should. Since your system does not have the DLL installed (i.e. it's not found on the default search path), you need to start john.exe from where it is. For example, if you issue C:\john\john.exe , it won't work as Windows doesn't know where to load cygwin1.dll from. On the other hand, if you cd C:\john and then john.exe, it you should have no problems running it.
Let him who has understanding recount the number of the beast, for it is a human number: His number is 0x029A.
conscience
Poster
Poster

Post by Benway101 on Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:42 am
([msg=93417]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

If you need a hash cracker for this mission, here is one that I find useful, you just put the hash in and add your email and it will crack the hash for you.
https://www.onlinehashcrack.com/hash-cracking.php
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes - George Santayana
Benway101
New User
New User

Post by Arsenull on Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:25 pm
([msg=93525]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Just wanted to recommend hashcat for a tool of choice here over cain & abel. It's a great chance to learn a more feature-rich tool that is cross platform and can use GPU or CPU.
Arsenull
New User
New User

Post by Alli86 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:54 pm
([msg=93651]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

So I'm fairly certain that I've got the hash. I also found the page full of weird characters that gave me what I think is the type of hash. However, I just can't crack it. I've tried a number of online sites (md5hashing, crackstation) and also JTR, but none of them work... Is there a certain website that will crack it? (I'm reluctant to download more software to my computer) Or is it possible that I have the wrong hash? It seemed pretty clear but...
Alli86
New User
New User

JTR

Post by gruffalo on Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:46 pm
([msg=93821]see JTR[/msg])

For all of you who tried JTR and failed - I had failed attempts with an old ver of JTR, but using JTR with the latest jumbo patch and the correct format I was able to get the pass on an i5 CPU in less than a minute.
gruffalo
New User
New User

Post by Ir777 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:21 am
([msg=93999]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Online site to crack MD5 https://www.OnlineHashCrack.com/

Worked well for me, it took about half day and sends you answer to your email.
Ir777
New User
New User

Post by ngwood on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:28 pm
([msg=94859]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Those cracking websites suck balls.
If anyone else needs it here's a crappy python(3) script I wrote to crack the hash when it's recovered. I'd add multithreading and better memory management, could use ncurses and a world more but I'm lazy, the code took maybe 5 minutes, and I'm done with her so slap your own lipstick on the broad.

*SPOILER REMOVED BY NETWORKsecurity*
ngwood
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to (Real 5) Damn Telemarketers!