Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

A little girl made a website to post poetry related to peace and understanding. American fascists have hacked this website replacing it with Hitler-esque propaganda. Can you repair the website?

Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by 6063t5 on Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:21 pm
([msg=62902]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

limdis wrote:
Gatis wrote:Ok, i solved it, but still don't get how you can determine where poems are stored... Just guessing?

I'm going to PM you to help explain. I don't want to accidentally throw out spoilers.

Could you send me a PM about this too? I have another question about why this is like basic mission 8 and 9 but slightly different. Thanks in advance!
6063t5
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Gorflow on Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:19 pm
([msg=62918]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

I eventually figured this one out with a lot of help, but I don't know why it worked. After checking the source code numerous times and comparing it to my input, I cannot see the connection.
Gorflow
New User
New User

Post by conscience on Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:02 pm
([msg=62924]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Gorflow wrote:I eventually figured this one out with a lot of help, but I don't know why it worked. After checking the source code numerous times and comparing it to my input, I cannot see the connection.

You're welcome to PM me with what you have if you'd like. The key phrase here is storing something.
Let him who has understanding recount the number of the beast, for it is a human number: His number is 0x029A.
conscience
Poster
Poster

DOT DOT SLASH EVERYWHURR

Post by Arhinos on Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:34 am
([msg=63090]see DOT DOT SLASH EVERYWHURR[/msg])

OK so, i have read every thread. I have a complete understanding of what I need to do ( well obviously I don't ). I have been placing everywhere I can. I keep getting the weirdo page.

i understand that

http://www.examplesite.com/docoolstuff. ... =filething

in the above fake url, docoolstuff.php is sort of a function and its actiing upon filething and that I can easily change filething because filething is just html. In theory ...

http://www.examplesite.com/filething.html should exist

or maybe even

http://www.examplesite.com/foldernameth ... thing.html

and to hunt for this stuffs I use DT.

I'd use it in place of well a file thing ( see what i did there?)

name=

yes?

so essentially in telling whatever docoolstuff.php function is to act on the previous directory. and if doocoolstuff.php does nothing but show it to me, then im good.

saying all this, there is a function on this mission that posts to a directory for people who want to submit poems.

I understand that I need to submit the old page, where it belongs in place of the hacked site.

Is there something about DT that I am missing? I've been on this all night. Third username too, but thats a completely different story.

If im spoilin stuff, my apologies. I feel as if I have learned DT in this mission, but something silly is holding me back and this is the only way to work it out.
Arhinos
New User
New User

Post by conscience on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:26 pm
([msg=63106]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Yup, that's somwhat spoilish...

Now let's see - you're apparently trying to read. Did you notice? And what about that you have to write instead?
Let him who has understanding recount the number of the beast, for it is a human number: His number is 0x029A.
conscience
Poster
Poster

Post by Arhinos on Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:50 pm
([msg=63109]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

right, but realistically, to be able to post where i want to post what i need to post, i would need to read things. find where to put it. then i would just put it there using the function that is given to post poetry. im soo close it makes me ...do something bad.

EDIT

figured it out. duh duh duh.
Last edited by Arhinos on Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arhinos
New User
New User

Post by Eimeidee on Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:17 pm
([msg=63110]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Hello,
So I found the original page, and I see that people are saying that some unixing is needed. I'm just confused how this would be implemented, because in basic 8 and 9 there was an input that wrote something onto a page, and so we could use that thing that starts with Server. It smells like that won't be an option here, maybe? I'm pretty sure i know what command to use, because we basically just want to move that file to where it was originally. It also sounds like I should be screwing with the php forms or something? Maybe I should be reading up on php... also maybe i should... *walks away scratching head and mumbling to self*

edit: Holy crap, duh. Thanks conscience.
Last edited by Eimeidee on Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eimeidee
New User
New User

Post by conscience on Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:46 pm
([msg=63124]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Eimeidee wrote:Hello,
So I found the original page, and I see that people are saying that some unixing is needed. I'm just confused how this would be implemented, because in basic 8 and 9 there was an input that wrote something onto a page, and so we could use that thing that starts with Server. It smells like that won't be an option here, maybe? I'm pretty sure i know what command to use, because we basically just want to move that file to where it was originally. It also sounds like I should be screwing with the php forms or something? Maybe I should be reading up on php... also maybe i should... *walks away scratching head and mumbling to self*

You're on the wrong track, buddy. No "unixing" is needed for this challenge. You said you found the original page. Now try to find a way of using it that makes sense. It would probably fit in somewhere... ;)
conscience
Poster
Poster

Post by aesguitar on Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:58 pm
([msg=63213]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

I don't understand where to put what. Can someone pm me with a hint/help please.
aesguitar
New User
New User

Post by illusion_ on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:55 pm
([msg=63215]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

aesguitar wrote:I don't understand where to put what. Can someone pm me with a hint/help please.

If I remember correctly, you first must find the old site. Then, you must look through the old site for an exploitable page
illusion_
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to (Real 3) Peace Poetry: HACKED