Positive Thinking

What is the nature of existence?

Positive Thinking

Post by xfelix on Wed May 26, 2010 10:01 pm
([msg=39129]see Positive Thinking[/msg])

This Thread is for religious and non religious methods for positive thinking. It is not to debate on weather to be positive or not to be positive. Here is my view of positive thinking. Positive thinking is acknowledging there is pain and suffering in the world, but focusing on better things still to come.

I will say one, and people can add on to positive thinking they do. This is powerful stuff and can transform your life.

At the end of the day. Think of all the people you met, pray or hope good will to them, even if you are mad at them and/or hate their guts. YES!! go through the list of people in your life you're angry with, forgive them, find one thing you like about them and move on.
xfelix
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Positive Thinking

Post by Vulpine on Wed May 26, 2010 11:44 pm
([msg=39139]see Re: Positive Thinking[/msg])

xfelix wrote:find one thing you like about them

This would be an exceedingly difficult part for me. Probably even impossible.

I tend to prefer the "prepare for the worst, hope for the best" routine.
Vulpine
Poster
Poster

Post by Goatboy on Thu May 27, 2010 9:00 am
([msg=39158]see Re: Positive Thinking[/msg])

A quote I have lived by for a while is "As long as you don't get your hopes up, you can take anything. You feel less pain."

It's worked so far. I'm not a pessimist by any definition of the word, but I don't like the idea of vomiting sunshine and shitting rainbows. Like Vulpine, I prefer to be prepared instead of hoping things will go right.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by neuromanta on Thu May 27, 2010 9:58 am
([msg=39160]see Re: Positive Thinking[/msg])

My "method" is this. I always think that anything, which happens to me, eather good or bad, is because of me. There's no coincidence in my "realm"... if anything goes bad in my life, it's only me, who is to blame. Of course, it can be hard to live like this, blaming myself for everything... but it's not hard, in fact, it's a relief. Why? Because if I'm the one, whomade my life bad, then I'm the one, who can make it good, eather. I don't have to wait for the government, to get me out of my finacial crisis, or wait for my friends to make me happy, or wait for god to make me a good life. That is my positive thinking. Maybe it sounds like it's a complete bullshit, but it worked for me perfectly, my life is really good.

Btw, this whole "crap" is not new... it's in the teachings of all ancient traditions and religions. But I don't care about that, even if it's not true, it works for me, and that's what matters.
neuromanta
Poster
Poster

Post by demera265 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:17 pm
([msg=44302]see Re: Positive Thinking[/msg])

i agree with neuromanta;

My method is this. We each send out a signal that attracts things. negative thoughts attract bad things. and positive thought attract good things :) if not great! a positive thought is 10 times stronger than a negative thought. thank goodness other wise there would be alot more horrible things happening in this world! if you think i'm speaking crap then listen to this.

Have you ever got up one morning, stubbed your toe as you get out of bed and you have a crap day for the rest of it. but when you wake up happy and refreshed your day goes smoother and you dont let negative things effect your day?

We each create our own world through our thoughts and actions. the law of attraction has been around since the ancients. who knows how it was found all i know is it works!

it has been passed down through centuries in storys. but only those who believe could figure out the secret message. think of aladdin and the magic lamp. now see the genie as the universe and aladdin as yourself. instead of three wishes we have unlimited. and thank goodness all our requests dont happen instantly because we would probably have more bad happen than good. tell the universe what you want. be positive and imagine you already have it. you will open a whole new world to yourself and trust me, you will be a happier person thinking more positively. I'm not religious, in fact i dnt really believe there is a god. Who knows the truth really!

People who are religious could see the Genie as god. ask and it is given. just be careful what you ask for because it might not be the way you wanted it to be. so be very sure and know exactly what you want and how you want it. :)

Each to there own, happy to read other peoples views :D
demera265
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:25 pm
([msg=44304]see Re: Positive Thinking[/msg])

Law of Attraction and the Teachings of Abraham FTW.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Return to General