my thought on right wrong

What is right? Is there right? Are you right?

my thought on right wrong

Post by Orpheus 47k on Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:23 pm
([msg=51488]see my thought on right wrong[/msg])

There is no right and wrong only what we are told whether it be from religion ,parents, other authority figures media, friends and other influences. A example is in some cultures it is wrong to eat types of food others say differently. For instance some people believe that everything a hackers does is wrong because what they hear from the media but to a hacker some things they do is right to them because it is there way of making information free, right and wrong is just a state of mind.
Last edited by Orpheus 47k on Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hackers use backdoors
Orpheus 47k
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: my thought on right wrong

Post by sanddbox on Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:08 pm
([msg=51490]see Re: my thought on right wrong[/msg])

Dude, fucking deep.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by mShred on Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:42 pm
([msg=51494]see Re: my thought on right wrong[/msg])

Orpheus 47k wrote:There is no right and wrong only what we are told whether it be from religion ,parents, other authority figures media, friends and other influences a example in some cultures it is wrong to eat types of food others say differently. For instance some people believe that everything a hackers does is wrong because what they hear from the media but to a hacker some things they do is right to them because it is there way of making information free right and wrong is just a state of mind.

+1

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by sanddbox on Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:35 pm
([msg=51496]see Re: my thought on right wrong[/msg])

What you are referring to, Orpheus, is the idea of Moral Relativism. The idea of moral relativity is gained in one of the later stages of moral development. That being said, the idea itself is not unique or groundbreaking - it's actually quite obvious, which is why this thread makes me meh a little bit. Instead of just stating the ideas of moral relativity, why not have an interesting discussion on it?

I'd also probably be a bit more open to this thread if your entire post was not an explosion of grammatical failure.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by Goatboy on Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:19 pm
([msg=51501]see Re: my thought on right wrong[/msg])

Dammit, sandy. Stop saying the things I am thinking.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by Orpheus 47k on Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:21 pm
([msg=51589]see Re: my thought on right wrong[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:, why not have an interesting discussion on it?

I said that your morels are made from outside influences,( family, friends ect). Do you believe that this is true with all of your morels or do you believe that some morels are made at birth threw instinct?
Orpheus 47k
New User
New User

Post by sanddbox on Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:12 pm
([msg=51607]see Re: my thought on right wrong[/msg])

Orpheus 47k wrote:
sanddbox wrote:, why not have an interesting discussion on it?

I said that your morels are made from outside influences,( family, friends ect). Do you believe that this is true with all of your morels or do you believe that some morels are made at birth threw instinct?

I believe that your spelling is going down hill and that all morals are social constructs. That's not to say we don't have a natural, biological leaning to certain viewpoints - for example, we biologically feel compelled to take revenge when wronged, remove threats with no hesitation, etc. One example of this is reproduction - while we are biologically compelled to reproduce as much as possible, we are socially compelled to refrain from sex until your priest is hornymarriage.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by Goatboy on Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:19 pm
([msg=51612]see Re: my thought on right wrong[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:... remove threats with no hesitation

I read this as "remove threads with no hesitation" and lol'd a bit.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by ROVing on Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:00 pm
([msg=52381]see Re: my thought on right wrong[/msg])

So, if there is no such thing as 'moral', right or wrong. Just preprogrammed social imperatives. There is no reason why the more talented among us shouldn't hack into Money Bags Are Us Bank and take all their money!

But then you come against that little inconvenience call the law! But if, like me, you believe that the law has been written by the owners of Money Bags Are Us Bank and their ilk in order to protect their interests, why would you bother worrying about the law?

But where would that lead us? Sh!t creek, No paddle?
ROVing
New User
New User

Post by Steerpike on Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:37 pm
([msg=52384]see Re: my thought on right wrong[/msg])

I wouldn't be surprised if morals evolved as a survival mechanism. Humans are social creatures and depend on each other for survival. If we did anything to hurt the chances of survival of the community (murder) or incur the anger of the community (stealing), then it would hurt our own chances of survival, either by hindering the survival of the community (which we depend on) or by the community shunning the individual (and the individual will lose a 'tool' of survival).
Laws came about to as 'codified morals' that protect the community at the loss of the individual's freedom. People tend to obey the law because they think it benefits them more to obey the law than not to. With that said, if you think breaking the law is more beneficial to you, then there's nothing stopping you. The law only has as much power over the choices you make as you let it. The law may provide consequences for you choice, but it doesn't stop you from making that choice.
Steerpike
New User
New User

Next

Return to Ethics