Racist Website

What is right? Is there right? Are you right?

Re: Racist Website

Post by aNewHobby4me on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:24 pm
([msg=19374]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

sidebottom wrote:
aNewHobby4me wrote:
So...you should only hack websites of people you *agree* with? <joke>

No, you should not hack websites of people who aren't YOU.

That's why it was clearly marked as a joke.

sidebottom wrote:This topic should have been closed after AY7's post.

Doesn't the freedom of speech extend to continuing to speak when someone else wants you to remain silent?
< only 0.5 joke>
"To understand recursion you must first understand recursion."
aNewHobby4me
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by sidebottom on Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:57 pm
([msg=19431]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

aNewHobby4me wrote:
sidebottom wrote:
aNewHobby4me wrote:
So...you should only hack websites of people you *agree* with? <joke>

No, you should not hack websites of people who aren't YOU.

That's why it was clearly marked as a joke.

sidebottom wrote:This topic should have been closed after AY7's post.

Doesn't the freedom of speech extend to continuing to speak when someone else wants you to remain silent?
< only 0.5 joke>

The point is you shouldn't hack ANY websites that aren't yours. Your "joke" was basically saying "well, if you don't hack the people you don't like then who do you hack?" My answer was NO ONE.

My comment on the topic being closed was not literal. I meant that AY7 covered EVERYTHING that needed to be covered and didn't need any rebuttal if you are an advocate of free speech (which surprisingly it seems you and some others here are not).

If you believe silencing the hate speech of others is OK then you DO NOT believe in free speech and you don't deserve it either.
sidebottom
Poster
Poster

Post by aNewHobby4me on Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:48 pm
([msg=19432]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

sidebottom wrote:
The point is you shouldn't hack ANY websites that aren't yours. Your "joke" was basically saying "well, if you don't hack the people you don't like then who do you hack?" My answer was NO ONE.

You really need to understand what a joke is, lad. I was poking fun of two things at once. The first was the simple "people you disagree with vs. people you do agree with" as a hacking target. The second was about hacking in general.
And for those without a sense of humor I clearly labeled it as a joke--not to be taken seriously.

Example:
"You shouldn't eat your sister's ice cream snack before dinner." Turn this one around and say, "well it must be okay to eat your sister's ice cream snack *after* dinner", when of course you shouldn't eat it at all--it belongs to your sister, not you. This is known as a humorous twist.

sidebottom wrote:My comment on the topic being closed was not literal. I meant that AY7 covered EVERYTHING that needed to be covered and didn't need any rebuttal if you are an advocate of free speech (which surprisingly it seems you and some others here are not).

Again, you missed the mark. My half-joke was aimed at your comment that the topic be closed. That is, that no one else should say anything about it, either pro or con. I say half-joke because it amused me that a self-proclaimed advocate of free speech would not want a topic debated. What does *not* amuse me is that you brand me as being against free speech.

sidebottom wrote:If you believe silencing the hate speech of others is OK then you DO NOT believe in free speech and you don't deserve it either.

Okay, now you fascinate me. Explain further how some people 'deserve' rights ( when they agree with you ), and some people do not 'deserve' rights( when you think they disagree with you).
aNewHobby4me
Poster
Poster

Post by tph23 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:34 pm
([msg=20477]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

Freedom of Speech allows anyone the freedom to say whatever they want. And if you think about it, attacking that website doesn't really solve that problem. It makes you no better person to confront the problem in that manner.
tph23
New User
New User

Post by Mentalikryst on Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:39 pm
([msg=21790]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

Sorry, but HTS does not condone or encourage illegal activities. And (if the server is in the USA) all content is protected by the 1st ammendment. Just try and think what type of people spend money and time to create websites like that. They are useless bums themselves scared of people who are no different than us, except for a few genes out of many.
Mentalikryst
New User
New User

Post by godofcereal on Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:49 pm
([msg=21791]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

We are discussing our thoughts not hts, if we were this be locked.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by aNewHobby4me on Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:09 pm
([msg=21793]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

godofcereal wrote:We are discussing our thoughts not hts, if we were this be locked.

Gee, and I thought this tread was finally dead.

To bring this post somewhat back on topic:
The original question:

Antiracism wrote:Hello everyone,

I registered to this website because I would like to know your opinion on racist website.

From your point of view is it ethical to attack racist website?

The question is not "is it legal" or even "is it ethical", but what's your opinion?
aNewHobby4me
Poster
Poster

Post by godofcereal on Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:18 pm
([msg=21794]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

Dude, I wish this was dead ages ago.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by aNewHobby4me on Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:33 pm
([msg=21797]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

godofcereal wrote:Dude, I wish this was dead ages ago.

I agree. But it seems that someone pokes it with a stick every three weeks or so. See you on or about May 5th, or as they say here, Cinco de Mayo :)
aNewHobby4me
Poster
Poster

Post by overlord69 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:56 pm
([msg=22401]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

fight fire with fire...
overlord69
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Ethics