Racist Website

What is right? Is there right? Are you right?

Re: Racist Website

Post by -0mega- on Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:31 am
([msg=11109]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

IMO as long as the racist is not forcing his opinion on anyone or actively performing or promoting negative actions on the people he's racist to he should be allowed to host what he wants.

Of course he also needs to state his opinions as opinions, not facts.

But from another point of view:
Those sites are hosted to have a place of their own, where the racist can be racist and flame the people all they want.
So let them, let them have their own corridor on the internet, as long as they leave the people they hate alone.

As for the ''discriminating racists'' post.
It's more about *what/who* and *why* you are discriminating, than the fact that you are discriminating.

If a murderer kills someone, he's a murderer.
If I kill a person about to murder someone (including me), I'm suddenly a hero.

I believe the quote that fit these kind of situations is that "The goal justifies the means". "Fight fire with fire".

Though of course the means need to be appropiate. Can't go sending out death squads to weed out racists now can we?
-0mega-
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by egwenejs on Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:24 am
([msg=11555]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

If a racist commits a crime against me because he decides he hates me - it is a hate crime.
If a I commit a crime against a racist because I decide I hate him - it is a hate crime.

Fight fire with fire?? Your ignorance will never cure someone else's ignorance. You all sound like the catholic missionaries that went around the world saying - "Hello, you are not like me. Be like me. What?!? You don't wan't to be like me!?! Then, DIE!!!"

Nobody expects a Spanish Inquistion, but you can always be guaranteed that the ignorant have no clue that they are. So, pull your head out your ass - go commit some hate crime - get thrown in jail for a couple then you'll have some time to think about how stupid you really are.
egwenejs
New User
New User

Post by VincentR91 on Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:55 am
([msg=11556]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

Racism is wrong, but if you want to hack their website because they discriminate, you are also wrong.
You will just make things worse.

If you have a fight with a Christian, burning his church won't make him stop from being Christian.
VincentR91
New User
New User

Post by nosidius on Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:43 am
([msg=11592]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

he has a point............ >.> (no i am not christian), well, for the most part...............

a lot of people will say they're christian when they're really not........

and i have to agree, fighting fire with fire while effective in a fight, doesn't work in politics.............
give me knowledge or give me death
nosidius
Poster
Poster

Post by Sonic7145 on Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:04 pm
([msg=11621]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

People can do what they want. Just because you disagree, doesn't give you the right to hack the site.
Sonic7145
Poster
Poster

Post by nosidius on Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:06 pm
([msg=11623]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

that's true, and i think i may have stated that earlier in this thread....... (idk)

and it doesn't work regardless, which is the big thing, as it's a logical deterrent to the behavior/action
nosidius
Poster
Poster

Post by sokeman on Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:34 am
([msg=11686]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

Rijnzael wrote:I don't think it's ethical to limit ones right to speak on or advocate any stance on any issue no matter how despicable the stance may be. I will and have always, within my rights given by the law, ridiculed, tormented, challenged, and criticized those which have such disgusting views in such contrast to my own. Still, I believe freedom of speech is a fundamental human right and as such don't view any contravention of it as ethical.

couldnt of said it better!!!
sokeman
New User
New User

Post by thedotmaster on Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:12 am
([msg=11708]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

Sonic7145 wrote:People can do what they want. Just because you disagree, doesn't give you the right to hack the site.

No, you mean:

People can think what they want. Just because you disagree, doesn't give you the right to hack the site.
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (1)

Post by godofcereal on Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:29 am
([msg=11711]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

in my opion the internet is for expressing yourself and thats what this person/s are doing.
it gives you no right to hack someone for their beliefs that like beating up a priest because he believes in god.
makes no sense for you to hack them because they beleive differently to you.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by nosidius on Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:45 pm
([msg=11761]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

if they are expressing views which may harm, lead to harm, or demean a person, then you should....... within reason (and only if the do actually harm them, physically), then it's known as prevention, and i doubt anyone in america would convict you (assuming you get a damn jury!) for popping off on a racist website, assuming they themselves are not racists (especially if the website can be considered hate crime)
nosidius
Poster
Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Ethics