Racist Website

What is right? Is there right? Are you right?

Re: Racist Website

Post by tph23 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:07 pm
([msg=22404]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

aNewHobby4me wrote:I agree. But it seems that someone pokes it with a stick every three weeks or so. See you on or about May 5th, or as they say here, Cinco de Mayo :)

It's been bumped again :|
tph23
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Akumetsu on Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:10 pm
([msg=22820]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

I usually just ignore them, heck I even laugh at some racist jokes. I find them uber funny. But when it comes down to something serious like job apps or schools then that pisses me off. But I don't think you should worry about their website really, if they aren't affecting you then don't bother.
Akumetsu
New User
New User

Post by aNewHobby4me on Fri May 01, 2009 6:14 am
([msg=22922]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

Hmmm....a week early. Well, anyway---Happy Cinco de Mayo!
"To understand recursion you must first understand recursion."
aNewHobby4me
Poster
Poster

Post by neocontra on Fri May 01, 2009 7:31 am
([msg=22923]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

Just need to put in my two cents as well.

Racism spawns from a group of people making an assumption about an entire group of people based on the actions of a few people. Perfect example that everyone here, regardless of race, can relate to: the word "hacker" being being dragged through the mud.

What happens is, this group of racists assume all of one race (or more) are the same, based on extremely small amounts of knowledge, and then insults spread, and hatred spreads, and we all know where that leads.

As far as stopping racism vs. protecting free speech....if it's just talk, then it's just talk. If it's a call to action, then it's a danger to society. They aren't hurting anyone (cept maybe themselves, and a few people's feelings) and if we just let them stand on their soapbox and ignore them, eventually they'll become another of the thousands of webpages no one's heard of and no one goes to cause no one cares about what they have to say. I'm not saying to ignore violence, or people trying to stir up acts of violence. Ignorant people just want to be heard, whether they're right or not.

On a side note...yes, things like BET, affirmative action, etc are racist. They are there to try and make up for years of racism towards a group of people, but it's racist against another group of people. I guess there you have to ask....when is ok to be racist? If you're black, and you make t-shirts that say "Black Power" on it, is that ok, or is it the same as a white person having a "White Power" t-shirt? (Personally, I think it's both racist, and both ignorant, and both sides hurt everyone they want to help.)

I think race relations will finally be 100% when we stop having to worry about race relations. Once a racist page can come up, and everyone just points and says "That guy's an idiot" and moves on....we'll be a lot better off.
neocontra
New User
New User

Post by Charlieace on Fri May 01, 2009 5:19 pm
([msg=22962]see Re: Racist Website[/msg])

as much as i despise the racists in the world, you have to consider something.

if we have reason to hack them, then we could have reason to hack anybody.
if they are not allowed to have their websites, then certain websites would cease to exist.
GET ME OUT OF AMERICA! MOVE ME TO IRELAND! IT LOOKS COOL THERE!

"In a world where stupidity has become the normal, it is better to be strange."

The Internet is my classroom.

Silence is the enemy.
Charlieace
Experienced User
Experienced User

Previous

Return to Ethics