Suicide......your thoughts

What is right? Is there right? Are you right?

Re: Suicide......your thoughts

Post by fashizzlepop on Wed May 26, 2010 11:40 pm
([msg=39138]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

Wow, what a true stereotype. "I follow Jesus so I am better than you." You are not better than me. I live life, I enjoy life, I am happy. I don't follow Jesus.

Edit: Dont get me wrong, not all Christians follow that stereotype. But the few that do piss me off. No religion makes any one any better off than anyone else.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by xfelix on Wed May 26, 2010 11:50 pm
([msg=39141]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

I didn't say, I was better then you. Infact Romans Chapter 3 Verse 9 "What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin". Did you read my first post in this forum. I was proving you wrong, because I'm living proof of a post suicidal person who found God, and he actually did make a difference in my life. Where you said I'm positive that Jesus couldn't prevent someone from committing suicide.

Christianity is not about being better then anyone, it's to hummable yourself.
Last edited by xfelix on Thu May 27, 2010 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
xfelix
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Vulpine on Wed May 26, 2010 11:58 pm
([msg=39142]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

First, altruism is a bloody lie, and everyone is selfish. Secondly, if someone takes their own life, and their family/friends/loved ones blame the suicide victim for their pain, they're also being selfish.

One example of Christ changing a life is also not a basis for saying that it can change all lives. If it works for you, cool. Some people find happiness by following the Dharma. Some by following Islam. Some don't need religion at all. Everyone has their own thing that works for them. As long as people aren't causing direct harm to anyone else, why should it matter?
Vulpine
Poster
Poster

Post by xfelix on Thu May 27, 2010 12:04 am
([msg=39146]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

Vulpin?? Do you not know what love is? Hypothetically speaking say your mom just decides to commit suicide, how would that make you feel?
xfelix
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by fashizzlepop on Thu May 27, 2010 12:06 am
([msg=39147]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

You did not prove me wrong in any way shape or form. I did not say Jesus cannot help someone recover. I said Jesus won't PREVENT suicide. Quite the difference I'd say.
xfelix wrote:You're already wrong because I'm breathing in a new mentality today, so obviously it already worked. I don't play cards, I live.

You are telling me I'm wrong and my thoughts are flawed right there.

When I see holy water, I wonder how I'd would be able to raft it.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by Vulpine on Thu May 27, 2010 12:13 am
([msg=39148]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

xfelix wrote:Vulpine?? Do you not know what love is? Hypothetically speaking say your mom just decides to commit suicide, how would that make you feel?

I'd feel pretty bad, just like any individual who has a healthy relationship with their parents. That doesn't mean that I have any right to say that someone has no right to their own life, however. I don't have to like the decisions of any other person, and no one has to like mine, but our lives belong to only one person: ourselves. This, of course, bars adolescents, most of whom lack the mentality to make their own decisions.
Vulpine
Poster
Poster

Post by xfelix on Thu May 27, 2010 12:17 am
([msg=39149]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

When you say something like "...Jesus won't prevent suicide..." it sounds like you're saying for all people who ever want to commit suicide, Jesus can't save them. I see that you meant Jesus will not stop suicide for everyone, my misunderstanding. Well there have been Christians who have committed suicide to get to heaven quicker, but they're suppose to do the works for Jesus. It's whatever dude,
xfelix
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by fashizzlepop on Thu May 27, 2010 12:24 am
([msg=39150]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

If you get Jesus, he will never let you enter that state of mind again.[/quote]

I was debating that. That sounds like you are saying Jesus WILL prevent it. That's what I was arguing.

Anyways. Sweet dreams. Dont let the bed bugs bite.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by xfelix on Thu May 27, 2010 12:54 am
([msg=39152]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

I'm quoting myself from the first post "People can find themselves in situations they would never dreamed of being in. The situation could possibly occur over 10,000 choices you decided to make over a time of 10 years :S". Just remember that.
xfelix
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by eljonto on Thu May 27, 2010 1:21 am
([msg=39153]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

man I wish religion would be kept out of these forums...
-Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?, Juvenal
Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Ethics