Suicide......your thoughts

What is right? Is there right? Are you right?

Re: Suicide......your thoughts

Post by DamegedSpy on Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:32 am
([msg=34666]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

Unknown Source wrote:When I am awake, don't let me sleep.
While I am sleeping, don't let me awake
DamegedSpy
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by specopshacker on Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:33 pm
([msg=35838]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

That makes perfect sense to me and I agree with you Goatboy.
specopshacker
New User
New User

Post by NeoAtHTS on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:28 am
([msg=35937]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

When someone suffers a dreadful present, suicide preoccupies their mind before anything else could. If they've no one to show them the options other than suicide, they'll suicide eventually.

EOF
Run.
NeoAtHTS
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by haha01haha01 on Mon May 24, 2010 5:00 pm
([msg=38993]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

The way I see it, suicide should be available as a last option that anyone is able to choose at any moment. Having the option of death makes you feel better and safe. It's like a promise that no matter what happens, you can't get into a situation worse than death.

As for goatboy's original post, I strongly agree that people are selfish. When I was younger, I was wondering why people cry over family members who died. I have eventually reached the conclusion that they cry not because they identify with the pain that person's soul is going through (because obviously, he\it isn't going through any), but because they are sad that they will not be able to spend time with that person, to practically use him (I know it's sounds bad) in order to pleasure their selfish selves.

There's an ancient Jewish proverb (which has been discussed quite a lot): "Make at least two children, so that no matter what happens to one, you will have the other"
There are 11 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, those who don't and those who already heard this joke.
haha01haha01
Poster
Poster

Post by thetan on Tue May 25, 2010 11:11 am
([msg=39051]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQmyo6EvUY8

^^ An interview with Dr.Kevorkian, Doctor sent to prison for practicing Euthanasia on 130 patients.

As of recently he has came out of prison and as a result their have been a handful of documentaries about his life and even a movie where Al Pacino plays Kevorkian (lol @ Al Pacino playing him, but it's a pretty good movie that aside). I recommend checking them out.
"If art interprets our dreams, the computer executes them in the guise of programs!" - SICP

“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it” - Albert Einstein
thetan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by xfelix on Wed May 26, 2010 9:35 pm
([msg=39128]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

If you're thinking about suicide, you're thinking in the wrong direction. It is ugly because you have a family who deep down loves you (they put a diaper on your ass at least and gave you a bottle). People who commit suicide are only thinking of themselves, and not the people who were and are in your life. Suicide is evil, because the action will ultimately spread mental pain.

I know where you are coming from, I to have been in such a negative vertex state of mind. There are a few reasons you may feel the way you do, even multiple be it physical pain, guilt, sorrow, fear, unfortunate, embarrassment , shame, inadequate, weak, etc. Are you insane you ask? Freud said something like "...we're all crazy". Let me tell you something buddy, we are all subject to negative thoughts and shit happens to everyone not just you. People can find themselves in situations they would never dreamed of being in. The situation could possibly occur over 10,000 choices you decided to make over a time of 10 years :S

Assuming the Reader hasn't committed suicide now...

One thing holding you back is this idea you could never be happy again. Let's use the idea of how the brain operates much like a computer to ditch this idea. Think of your current thoughts as a memory cache. Frequently Used Thoughts will be thought about more often, then thoughts that haven't been thought about lately. The very fact you know you're depressed proves there was a mental state in your life, in which you were happy. How do you get that cache in your brain to contain positive thoughts?

What I am about to say, are steps to overcoming and ending this chapter of your life. Perhaps you like the attention you're getting on this thread, but you need to grow some balls and make a come back in life. If you are not spiritual, then you're behind the times,

1. Let Jesus find you. Let him clean up the sorrows of your heart.
2. Give fear, guilt, shame, etc. to Jesus
3. Come face to face with the fear, with Jesus.
4. Listen to Happy music (not blackmetal) even if you don't like the song, lyrics are most important
5. Read the bible and other positive thinking books
6. As soon as you have a negative thought, pray!!
7. Have faith, God is guiding you
8. Let your old life fade, take in the new life

You will become solid as a rock with the above recipe take no mention to what some people such as goats! have to say about it.
xfelix
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by fashizzlepop on Wed May 26, 2010 10:08 pm
([msg=39130]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

I personally would not turn to god or Jesus. If it helps YOU then go for it. Happiness is the solution. Thats why I enjoy listening to Abraham Hicks. There are many YouTube videos of her talks and they make you just feel plain good.
Last edited by fashizzlepop on Wed May 26, 2010 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by xfelix on Wed May 26, 2010 10:22 pm
([msg=39131]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

When you are in such a negative state of mind, it can be hard to comprehend happiness. Faith can heal the negative state, it just depends on the severity. If you had a bummer day, then listening to a good tune can pick you up. If you're at the point of suicide, you will most likely think what is the point of listening to this song, or what is the point of eating this Chinese food!? tough chapter of any persons life. If you get Jesus, he will never let you enter that state of mind again.
xfelix
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by fashizzlepop on Wed May 26, 2010 11:28 pm
([msg=39134]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

I'm positive Jesus won't prevent you from from committing suicide. Listening to a video like Hicks', you can begin to comprehend life. If someone pulled the Jesus card on me if I was depressed I would tell him to fuck off and end up more angry. I don't believe in God. I believe in science.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by xfelix on Wed May 26, 2010 11:35 pm
([msg=39136]see Re: Suicide......your thoughts[/msg])

You're already wrong because I'm breathing in a new mentality today, so obviously it already worked. I don't play cards, I live.
xfelix
Experienced User
Experienced User

PreviousNext

Return to Ethics