CAN SOME ONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IS THE POINT IN THIS SITE?

What is right? Is there right? Are you right?

CAN SOME ONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IS THE POINT IN THIS SITE?

Post by Cult_Of_Ozzynls on Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:23 pm
([msg=32061]see CAN SOME ONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IS THE POINT IN THIS SITE?[/msg])

It has come to my attention that this site is completely pointless.
I love the idea of what it’s SUPPOSED to be, but there is a issue that needs to be addressed.
YOU SAY ITS A TRAINING SITE FOR HACKERS... NO! NO ITS NOT. Why? Because hacking is illegal end of. Unlike cracking its not hurting anyone really or intentionally but IT IS UNETHICAL. Now I don’t care about that. But the people who run the site do. So it is completely contradictory. And I am quite angry with this because this site is such a disappointment. Sure you can learn a few things about programming, BUT IF YOU ACTUALLY DISCUSS ABOUT HACKING IN THE FORUMS THE MODERATOR WILL JUST SAY "HACK THIS SITE DOSNT SUPPORT ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES SUCH AS HACKING." Now if I was to guess about how it ended up like this it would probably be that; the person who founded the site had the good old 80s hacker spirit, where it was about the sport of it, just to see if you could gain access, but not to actually do any damage, what would even be the point? However the site got to big and its 'undergroundness' that this site boasts about completely shattered and now its had to higher a bunch of random people to watch its content so it doesn’t appear like its actually doing any REAL HACKING. Now I could be wrong of course but the situation remains never the less.

SO I THINK THE BEST COARSE OF ACTION IS THAT YOU CHANGE THE SITE FROM HACKTHISSITE.ORG TO ETHICALCOMPUTINGSITE.ORG or something because AT THE MOMENT ITS VERY MISSLEADING. :evil:
Now I know many people will agree with me on this because I have seen it in the forums. And I would particularly enjoy a response from the moderator or someone who runs this stupid site. :x
Cult_Of_Ozzynls
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: CAN SOME ONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IS THE POINT IN THIS SITE?

Post by moneygreen on Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:31 pm
([msg=32063]see Re: CAN SOME ONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IS THE POINT IN THIS SITE?[/msg])

you care to much...i think mods would agree...you dont like it leave.
moneygreen
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Goatboy on Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:38 pm
([msg=32064]see Re: CAN SOME ONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IS THE POINT IN THIS SITE?[/msg])

Alright, here's a reply:

People like you are the reason we need to put up these restrictions. They come in here asking us to "h4x teh gibsun" for them. They do not want to do any work themselves, but rather have a program handed to them that will take down the Pentagon with the click of a button. Facebook, MySpace, PayPal, Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail... We've seen 'em all. We've also seen every poor excuse to justify it. "Oh, it's my account and I forgot the password" or "It's my girl/boyfriend's and I wanna make sure they are not cheating on me" It's all complete and utter BS.

We have no problem telling you how the techniques work. You could come in here and ask "Can you teach me about XYZ method of attack?" We might tell you to Google it first, but then if you have more specific questions about the attack itself, we'll offer advice and help out.

Another reason we need to slap the disclaimer is to protect ourselves legally. If someone says "HTS told me to do it!" a good lawyer could use that against us. We will teach you, but we do not suggest you actually go do it in the wild. That's why we have the missions, so you can test your skills legally without worrying. I don't even see how you could claim this is not a training ground.

Now, if you are considering making any more CRUISE CONTROL posts, I would highly suggest thinking twice.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by faazshift on Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:14 pm
([msg=32065]see Re: CAN SOME ONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IS THE POINT IN THIS SITE?[/msg])

Also, the url fits perfectly. The final realistic mission is to actually 'HackThisSite'. Hacking is perfectly legal, its breaking into someone elses system without their permission that crosses the line. And this site has plenty of purpose. Its a moderated, safe environment for gaining skills and talking with like-minded people.
faazshift
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sanddbox on Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:24 pm
([msg=32086]see Re: CAN SOME ONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IS THE POINT IN THIS SITE?[/msg])

Based on your post, I think you do not understand what hacking is.

Thus, there is no point in answering you know what you are ranting about.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by insomaniacal on Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:45 am
([msg=32119]see Re: CAN SOME ONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IS THE POINT IN THIS SITE?[/msg])

While I do personally agree that some posts are locked under the pretense that "HTS Does not support illegal activities" unfairly, there is no point in just letting people spam the site full of hacking requests.

For example, if someone comes here and asks how they could hack their Girlfriends hotmail, this is totally different from asking if someone would do it for them, and such a thread, in my opinion, shouldn't be locked, but a quick "Keylogger is probably the only to go" reply would do fine.

Discussion of pretty much everything is allowed otherwise. I suppose it really rests on your definition of hacking, but I doubt that your threads would be locked if you came here and asked a question about hacking anything. Being too specific is what you need to be careful of. Asking how to perform an SQL injection on a certain Phpbb forum is probably fine, but asking how to do so on a specific website, is not.
It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes
insomaniacal.blog.com
insomaniacal
Addict
Addict

Post by novalyphe on Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:27 pm
([msg=34912]see Re: CAN SOME ONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IS THE POINT IN THIS SITE?[/msg])

When you ask what the point of gaining access is if you don't want to do anything it gives me the impression you don't have what I consider to be a hackers mentality,
Hackers like to pull things apart just to find out how they work, not to break them, that is why this site has plenty of purpose.
novalyphe
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by sanddbox on Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:41 pm
([msg=34913]see Re: CAN SOME ONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IS THE POINT IN THIS SITE?[/msg])

novalyphe wrote:When you ask what the point of gaining access is if you don't want to do anything it gives me the impression you don't have what I consider to be a hackers mentality,
Hackers like to pull things apart just to find out how they work, not to break them, that is why this site has plenty of purpose.

Thanks for the support, dude, but this topic is old and needs to die.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by Arameus on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:28 am
([msg=37478]see Re: CAN SOME ONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IS THE POINT IN THIS SITE?[/msg])

law != ethics. The stupid legal shit is to shutup faggot lawyers. This site gives you the knowledge, what you do with that knowledge is your fault.
Arameus
New User
New User

Post by Defience on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:59 pm
([msg=37486]see Re: CAN SOME ONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IS THE POINT IN THIS SITE?[/msg])

R.I.P.
Defience
Addict
Addict

Return to Ethics